New High School Boundaries

abosch00 said:
Irvinecommuter said:
I don't see the big deal.  Northwood is pretty much even with University after a few years.

The new high school will be drawing from very high end homes and family who value education a lot.  It will be fine.

very high end homes doesn't necessary mean value education. it could just be a bunch of spoiled rich kids who don't give a crap

Yes...that's why I add the "and"

OpenSky said:
With all the high end homes rolling into TUSD, I'm guessing Beckman will eclipse Northwood High's API scores in due course.  :-X

Both of them have pretty high scores already, it's going to be pretty hard to make any sort of significant increase. 

Unfortunately for Beckham, the reputation of TUSD is not nearly as good as IUSD.

Beckman is already informally considered Irvine's 5th high school.

They get featured in Irvine World News and it has a good reputation compared to neighbors who *have* to go to Irvine High.

Hicks Canyon Elem has a great rep and people actually think it's an Irvine school because it's in Irvine but it's actually TUSD.

So in areas where there is a TUSD/IUSD overlap, the school's rep overshadows the district.

And if people who live in that area don't like the Great Park High School, send them to Crean Lutheran.

Most of these schools are pretty good.. definitely above most of what CA has to offer.  It's more about perception.. but in the end.. your kids will get a great education at these schools.  I wouldn't put too much stock into it.. it's probably just a marginal difference between each one in terms of what your child can accomplish there. 

Take the Mexicans out of the equation

Beckman Asians scored 952 (2012-2013)
Northwood Asians scored 948 (2012-2013)

Beckman has 1/3 of its population Mexicans and significantly lowered the average.

If you are Asian buy in the TUSD an if you are Hispanic buy IUSD.

If you are both then buy Augusta.

test said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Both of them have pretty high scores already, it's going to be pretty hard to make any sort of significant increase. 

Seems significant to me.

Beckman API:  886
http://dq.cde.ca.gov/dataquest/Acnt2013/2013GrowthSch.aspx?allcds=30736430102871

Northwood API:  921
http://dq.cde.ca.gov/dataquest/Acnt2013/2013GrowthSch.aspx?allcds=30736503030657

Are you saying the same level of effort at Northwood that gets you a 3.8 GPA will get you a 4.0 GPA at Beckman because of Mexicants?

Gardners/ landscapers/ small dog walkers that irvinites don't want in their city.

OpenSky said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Take the Mexicans out of the equation

Beckman Asians scored 952 (2012-2013)
Northwood Asians scored 948 (2012-2013)

Beckman has 1/3 of its population Mexicans and significantly lowered the average.

If you are Asian buy in the TUSD an if you are Hispanic buy IUSD.

If you are both then buy Augusta.

test said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Seems significant to me.

Beckman API:  886
http://dq.cde.ca.gov/dataquest/Acnt2013/2013GrowthSch.aspx?allcds=30736430102871

Northwood API:  921
http://dq.cde.ca.gov/dataquest/Acnt2013/2013GrowthSch.aspx?allcds=30736503030657

"Mexicans?" You mean Latino/Hispanics.

I paid premium RE to isolate the Mexicans from living in this city. I also instructed the cops to stop them frequently. I give them dirty look when I see them walking their dogs. I will not cross over to the west side the 55 fwy ever. Yes I am ignorant so sue me!!! Viva Irvine the yellow power!! Let get together sometime at Woodbridge and bang some Milfs!

C'mon You really do think there is no racism in Irvine?

Rule #1: Who ever has money rules! That customer always comes first.

;D

OpenSky said:
Real easy being an ignorant ass behind that anonymous screen name.

To tell you the truth many irvinites thinks like me and their body language shows it when they encounter Mexicans. I know because I observed. Silence passive aggressive racism is worse than those who speak out loud. Take our buddy Qwerty and what he sees through his eyes.

OpenSky said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
I paid premium RE to isolate the Mexicans from living in this city. I also instructed the cops to stop them frequently. I give them dirty look when I see them walking their dogs. I will not cross over to the west side the 55 fwy ever. Yes I am ignorant so sue me!!! Viva Irvine the yellow power!! Let get together sometime at Woodbridge and bang some Milfs!

C'mon You really do think there is no racism in Irvine?

;D

OpenSky said:
Real easy being an ignorant ass behind that anonymous screen name.

Personally, I don't have tolerance for it. Thanks for obliging.

Back