New High School Boundaries

Irvinecommuter said:
BTW...here is final boundary map.

72agia.png
That is unacceptable....why does that one little small square south of Edinger/Irvine Center Drive go to Woodbridge instead of Irvine?  WTF!!!!

Btw, what is Creekside HS all about?  That little red symbol where the Irvine HS and Woodbridge HS boundary meet by Jamboree. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinecommuter said:

72agia.png
That is unacceptable....why does that one little small square south of Edinger/Irvine Center Drive go to Woodbridge instead of Irvine?  WTF!!!!

Btw, what is Creekside HS all about?  That little red symbol where the Irvine HS and Woodbridge HS boundary meet by Jamboree.

I believe Creekside is a continuation/alternative school...for students that were kicked out of the other Irvine HSs. 
http://www.iusd.org/chs/about-chs.html

The Northwood boundary also doesn't make much sense...that little triangle south of Trabuco.

Irvinecommuter said:
The Northwood boundary also doesn't make much sense...that little triangle south of Trabuco.

Northwood is the ONLY one that makes sense.  Boundaries should be naturally separated by the freeways.

This map seems pretty fair.  Wonder if there were any SG parents really banking on their kids going to Northwood. 

With the new boundaries, which high school will the kids from Orchard Hills attend? Looks like Northwood if they're on the east side of Culver?

Legit949 said:
With the new boundaries, which high school will the kids from Orchard Hills attend? Looks like Northwood if they're on the east side of Culver?

correct.. split with Beckman and Northwood.

Thank you! For instance, Terrazza in Orchard Hills was slated for Beckman High, but looking at the new boundaries, they'd attend Northwood? Have the new boundaries affected Orchard Hills?

All the Irvine high schools are great.  It's a fallacy to just judge a HS based on API alone.  If your kid is smart and works hard, he/she will do well everywhere.  I hear from some parents that Uni has a toxic competitive environment, who knows maybe a student would do better at Irvine or Woodbridge.  The new HS will be great, just like all the other Irvine high schools.

OCgasman said:
All the Irvine high schools are great.  It's a fallacy to just judge a HS based on API alone.  If your kid is smart and works hard, he/she will do well everywhere.  I hear from some parents that Uni has a toxic competitive environment, who knows maybe a student would do better at Irvine or Woodbridge.  The new HS will be great, just like all the other Irvine high schools.

yeah but you are on TI.. take sides please!

OCgasman said:

Of course that's true...I'm just talking about perception and resale issues.  This is Irvine where a few point on the API is a "dramatic shift".  I know parents from Woodbury that lamented about Woodbury Elementary and Irvine High for many years.

Here are the Westpark homes that will no longer attend Uni:

http://www.redfin.com/city/9361/CA/Irvine/real-estate#!uipt=1&sold_within_days=90&status=131&v=8&sst=&lat=33.67961287035689&long=-117.82304839811707&zoomLevel=16&market=socal
nouni_zps52be89d6.jpg

North of Main, east of Harvard, west of Culver, and south of Alton.  The boundary change starts from south of Barranca, but I only considered the single family homes, and those start south of Alton.  Should be interesting to follow pricing trends in this affected area. 

15 Presidio just listed two days ago,http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/15-Presidio-92614/home/4662791,still listing Uni as the HS. 

OCgasman said:
Agreed; All of the schools are good. I graduated from Woodbridge a little more then 10 years ago and while I feel that things are way more competitive today then they were when I was in high school, as a whole, the schools are really good. I think some of it might just come down to some people (parents) put a higher priority on pure smarts then others who focus on a combination approach of smarts and social aspects, etc.  At the end of the day, you can't go wrong in an Irvine school but you do have to make sure you do what you can to ensure you kids have good values and influences instilled upon them because you do have the typical high school issues regarding alcohol and drugs. 

I'm hoping someone with plenty of time on their hands can research the last names of every owner within that small Woodbridge HS boundary and match them with IUSD employees, local elected officials, etc to see why they have such a unique boundary exception. Am I missing something here?

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinecommuter said:

72agia.png

is that Tustin Field II?

Creekside is the alternative school, also known (or previously known) as Self which was usually, I believe for people who got kicked out of high school or need an alternative learning experience. They also teach various classes there. I know my grandma took some spanish learning classes there for fun when she was retired. 

Bullsback said:
Creekside is the alternative school, also known (or previously known) as Self which was usually, I believe for people who got kicked out of high school or need an alternative learning experience. They also teach various classes there. I know my grandma took some spanish learning classes there for fun when she was retired.

You don't need to go to school to learn Spanish, just watch a soap operas on Univision, listen to 96.3FM and your good to go. (just joking)

eyephone said:
Bullsback said:

You don't need to go to school to learn Spanish, just watch a soap operas on Univision, listen to 96.3FM and your good to go. (just joking)

you can apply this learning technique if you already know the basics. what is better than sharpening your spanish skills while watching hot chicks on the soap operas or even hotter half naked chicks in the variety shows.

Sharmin-Diaz-en-sabado-gigante-3-2da.mp4105.jpg

qwerty said:
you can apply this learning technique if you already know the basics. what is better than sharpening your spanish skills while watching hot chicks on the soap operas or even hotter half naked chicks in the variety shows.

Si qwerty, tienes raz?n.  ?Aprender espa?ol es divertido!

Back