30 Day Fitness Challenge 2015

FARMMMMMIE said:
Public Service Announcement to everyone: Please do not skip leg days!

That means you JMONEY!

Went to the gym last night to actually workout.

Did some dead lifts for the first time in years.  I am going to own that gym in a year.  Even got a little scrape on my shins to make me feel manly. 

Also did some bench press.  That bar was flying up like no other.  Even did a couple pauses on my chest to show the bar who's boss!

lnc said:
irvinehomeowner said:
gaysian should be all over this thread! :)

And check out these two hunks. :)

965c4297570233322b86671caa230e15.jpg

The picture been used so many times on TI we need to pay them a royalty check. (In pesos of course)

A ripped model and two men with "dad bods" take to the streets to find out which physique women prefer

28EDDB6600000578-3090759-image-a-7_1432199119274.jpg

I am definitely not surprised by these results. When I see a ripped guy, one of the first thoughts that come to my mind is that he is probably very self-obsessed, selfish, self-important. That kind of personality is a huge turn-off. A dating expert says in the article, "I have a lot of male clients who come to me and are concerned that they won't be attractive to women because of their physical shape." With the votes being fairly evenly distributed between the 3 men, this should give hope to readers who have a "dad bod".  :) Although imo, a "dad bod" looks more akin to the photo previously posted with the beer guts.

just from an aesthetics view, the middle guy has the best body, its not even debatable.  this question was clearly not answered honestly.  how any woman could pick the other two is amazing. they probably rephrased the question in their head to be "which one of those guys would actually go out with me" - that is the only way the dad bods could have been picked.

SoCal said:
With the votes being fairly evenly distributed between the 3 men, this should give hope to readers who have a "dad bod".  :)
I didn't check the link to read about the survey but  "All Guys" dream to get a really attractive girl.  So the polling should have been limited to only "very attractive" girls and then the results would have been meaningful.  Otherwise it's worthless. >:D

qwerty said:
just from an aesthetics view, the middle guy has the best body, its not even debatable.  this question was clearly not answered honestly.  how any woman could pick the other two is amazing. they probably rephrased the question in their head to be "which one of those guys would actually go out with me" - that is the only way the dad bods could have been picked.

Dadbods is a thing now. Apparently the sex may be better. Read 20/30-something nyc girls discuss here:
http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/04/what-is-the-dadbod.html

qwerty said:

middle guy for me ALLL the way  ;) More than anything that middle guy looks more ethnic, a little tanner, tattoos, edgy (all the attractive features I love on my list)  - love it!!  ;)  Don't the other two look so washed out and plain jane? Who are these women they polled?

Sour grapes again; just because you can't have it doesn't mean it is bad. It takes a lot of discipline and will to be and stay fit; it takes years to build a hot bod once you are into 30's. it is a lot better than sloth

By the way I am a leaner version of the middle guy. Less upper muscle but leaner mid section.

SoCal said:
I am definitely not surprised by these results. When I see a ripped guy, one of the first thoughts that come to my mind is that he is probably very self-obsessed, selfish, self-important. That kind of personality is a huge turn-off.

I am still progressing....was plateaued for a while but after increasing daily calorie intake I am getting gradually stronger without gaining too much fat. So TKD is working.

but damn one significant source of my diet, eggs from Costco, is getting more expensive now. used to be < $9 for 5 dozens and now it is $13 and change; still cheap but the spike is huge.

eyephone said:
I'm eating salad almost everyday during the workweek.

Is that filling enough? I can only do salads consistently if I have significant protein in it.

I hit a plateau period too - we need another fitness challenge month! I have a stubborn 5lbs to go before summer beach season (which is already here)  :-\

It depends on what goes into the salad. I prefer lots of greens and nuts but as little dressing as possible.

I keep a mental calorie counter and force myself (successful half of the time) to stop eating no matter how hungry I get by the end of the day.

The California Court Company said:
Costco has Garcinia Cambogia coupon this month; they had this like last Jan; with 210 Ct and 1 per day, I guess it is perfect time to restock

What does it do? Does it really help you lose weight??

I re-started my own (perpetual) 30 Day Challenge on October 5.

I've lost exactly 8 lbs.

I think I've finally hit upon a solution which will still allow me to cook and eat all of the delicious meals and desserts that I'm always making, without counting calories, yet still move in the right direction just by being on auto-pilot. This is huge for me. I am excited that I have finally found a way that is effective without me giving up my "hobbies".

Back