30 Day Fitness Challenge 2015

Oh, gosh. Do they have any nuts with the opposite effect?! Any mood-killer nuts over there at Sprouts?Testosterone-boosting is absolutely the last thing he needs. I thought men were supposed to start slowing downa little at his age... not sure what went wrong. lol.  :-X

The California Court Company said:
wake up your DH early and have some "exercise" together. not only it does what Qwerty said, it will also help boost you metabolism and brighten your mood for the entire day. plus I think guys' drive is at the highest point in the morning as well.

qwerty said:
for an aerobic workout, nothing is better than working out in the morning before you eat, your body must used stored energy (fat) to get you through the workout.

The CA Court workout routine worked for Al Bundy. Gosh, I miss this show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyHb_HQG9YY

load him up with Soybeans which is a major source of estrogen which can suppress the T.
or just ask Bruce Jenner

LOL, and yes, men should definitely avoid excess soybean intake.

It's the plant protein in the soybean that resemble human estrogen and it might fool our body thinking it is estrogen. 

Regular soybean intake will not be a problem for woman but might become an issue for some men.  I've heard men grow boobs due to regular intake of soy milk.  So guys, avoid soybeans, soy milk, tofu, and anything soy related.

speaking of nuts, I just loaded up 5 lbs of Brazilian nuts from Sprouts that is on sale for $7 a pound. Brazilian nut is a good natural testosterone booster. So Paris and SoCal, grab some Brazilian nuts for your DHs.

wow, so did I!!!

Really nice day today. Warm & clear. Brisk wind. Squeezed in a hike. 200 foot ascension over 3/4 of a mile on one of the hills. Covered a couple miles of hilly terrain. *Crawl* I need to keep it up. 

Be careful out there today. Intense sun. It is so bloody hot. And things are just going to heat up more tomorrow. I did an hour and a half hike in the hills just now. No pain, no gain.

or Paris can ask DH for helphttp://www.womansday.com/relationships/sex-tips/advice/a1922/8-sexy-ways-to-burn-calories-110923/

Undressing: 8+ calories total
Massaging: 80+ calories per hour
Having Sex: 144+ calories per half-hour
Giving Oral Sex: 100 calories per half-hour
Using Your Hands: 100 calories per hour
Romantic Dancing: 103 calories per half-hour
Making Out: 238 calories per half-hour

so keep your clothes on!

As I went back to study this chart some more, I began to wonder why making out is a whopping 238 calories per half hour. I realize that's not to be confused with kissing which the article states is only 68 per half hour. However, massaging is only 80 and that takes a lot of effort if you're doing it right and putting anything into it. It's weird how 30 minutes of making out burns MORE calories than a FULL hour split evenly between a massage AND sex. I guess you'd have to throw in a "moan" and a "sigh" for an extra 18-30 calories per the review. lol! 

It's a hot day but a nice day. A little smoggy, though. I only put in an hour of hiking & walking this morning. I had to take yesterday off due to the heat and being burnt from the previous couple days. Looking forward to lower temps and more cloud coverage a little later in the week. The weather recently has been so "bipolar".

Today is May 1st. I suppose the challenge is over.

I have not weighed myself because I am afraid to. I amped-up the exercise a lot since I got back from the cruise. And it is making me a lot hungrier. My stomach is a bottomless pit. Right now, I could probably out-eat Iho and Qwerty put together. That can not be good news. I've had this problem in the past & it made me put on weight rather than lose. My solution then was to quit exercising! Problem solved. :p Kind of. That was before I began counting calories. I am still not counting at the moment well, because I am sick of it. I think I will continue with the increased exercise for now and just see where this goes anyway. Will re-evaluate in 30 more days.

I didn't join the TI fitness challenge this time but our company does the same for a three month period every year and it started a few weeks back.  I do it mostly to get the free t-shirt or bag and the chance to win other prizes like a laptop.

But as mentioned, when I exercise, I get very hungry afterwards.  I usually lose about 2 pounds after swimming (probably mostly water weight) but then I eat that back and more.  I wish there was a trick to stop the extreme hunger afterwards.  I've always heard that swimming makes this worse.  I try to snack a little before but it doesn't help.  If I don't eat beforehand, I get very hungry and tired while swimming.

Thanks for taking on the challenge with me guys! I lost 12lbs, I want to lose a little more and then join a trainer to work on body toning, sculpting :) not sure we want to have another baby yet but definitely after I know I'm done having kids I also need to visit my local friendly and talented Newport Beach plastic surgeon for a mommy makeover.

This is the first time I've counted calories and I love it. It really keeps me on track. And when I'm super hungry I've found drinking a large glass of water before every meal and making sure each meal contains a good amount of filling low calorie veggies really helps.

We can continue the fitness challenge together so let's keep the thread going. I'm with you SoCal. Get on that scale, get back into calorie tracking and you're on your way to better fitness. As a physician I can't just preach this stuff to my patients - I need to set the example.

Don't you love the obese doctor that preaches weight loss - lol  ;D

irvinehusky said:
But as mentioned, when I exercise, I get very hungry afterwards.  I usually lose about 2 pounds after swimming (probably mostly water weight) but then I eat that back and more.  I wish there was a trick to stop the extreme hunger afterwards.  I've always heard that swimming makes this worse.  I try to snack a little before but it doesn't help.  If I don't eat beforehand, I get very hungry and tired while swimming.

One thing work for me is taking whey protein powder after excise.

Beside the benefits, one little scoop of whey protein powder mix with 6-8 oz of water really fill you up.

that's why I do the keto diet.  Fat and protein are much more full-filling and sometimes I have to force feed myself in order to meet the calorie goal as I am in the bulking phase.

Oh and I am kind of sick eating half pounds of bacon for breakfast now. looking for other fat alternatives; it is hard to find sausages without carbs...

Does that add a lot of calories?

lnc said:
One thing work for me is taking whey protein powder after excise.
Beside the benefits, one little scoop of whey protein powder mix with 6-8 oz of water really fill you up.

I hope this works well for you long term.  In our old days, this was the kind of diet guaranteed to give you a heart attack.  :p  Amazing how fat and cholesterol aren't bad for people now.

So, do you do the fasting as well?

that's why I do the keto diet.  Fat and protein are much more full-filling and sometimes I have to force feed myself in order to meet the calorie goal as I am in the bulking phase.

Oh and I am kind of sick eating half pounds of bacon for breakfast now. looking for other fat alternatives; it is hard to find sausages without carbs...

There are some TWQS in this. :)

what's TWQS?

irvinehomeowner said:

There are some TWQS in this. :)

Back