30 Day Fitness Challenge 2015

irvinehusky said:
Does that add a lot of calories?

lnc said:
One thing work for me is taking whey protein powder after excise.
Beside the benefits, one little scoop of whey protein powder mix with 6-8 oz of water really fill you up.

Not at all, usually around 130 -150 cal per scoop of powder.

irvinehomeowner said:
12 lbs in one month?

I was thinking that same thought as you irvinehomeowner.

"The concern with fast weight loss is that it usually takes extraordinary efforts in diet and exercise ? efforts that could be unhealthy and that you probably can't maintain as permanent lifestyle changes.
Also, if you lose a lot of weight very quickly, you may not lose as much fat as you would with a more modest rate of weight loss. Instead, you might lose water weight or even lean tissue, since it's hard to burn that many fat calories in a short period."
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/expert-answers/fast-weight-loss/faq-20058289

irvinehomeowner said:
12 lbs in one month?

My doc wants me to lose that but in 6 months.

12 lbs shouldn't be too hard for a guy who can loose 2-3 lbs just sitting down. :)

lnc said:
irvinehomeowner said:
12 lbs in one month?

Sorry clarification 12lbs total but that was over past 2 months - I think over the fitness challenge month maybe lost 8.

12 lbs shouldn't be too hard for a guy who can loose 2-3 lbs just sitting down. :)

lnc said:
irvinehomeowner said:
12 lbs in one month?

Heh... you remembered.

Problem is it's cyclical... I can gain 2-3 lbs just sitting down too.

irvinehomeowner said:
12 lbs in one month?

Your doctor only wants you to lose 12 lbs. total and then that's it, you're good? That's not bad at all, Iho. So, you're not the ogre that you pretend to be.

SoCal said:
So, you're not the ogre that you pretend to be.
Oh but I am:
ogres_and_onions.jpg

Really love this kind of weather we're having right now. Cool and overcast. No burns. It makes it so much easier to push yourself when it's nice out like this. Walked/hiked for an hour and a half this morning. I think I'm seeing some modest results since a couple weeks ago but I'm still on the "seefood diet" so nothing too exciting. Thinking of visiting a spinal surgeon to discuss spinal fusion with steel rods. Always have a lot of numbness in one leg, and "dripping fire" when I exercise. I know I have a problem with one disc, unresolved by a chiropractor and my g.p. and I'm getting tired of it by now. But that's a big step (pun intended?). A lady at my church with the same problem, had a wedge surgically inserted between her vertebrae and it helped tremendously. Maybe that's an option. We shall see.

irvinehomeowner said:
SoCal said:
So, you're not the ogre that you pretend to be.
Oh but I am:
ogres_and_onions.jpg

Well, I do wish you the best with meeting the 12 lb. goal if you choose to go down that path. After knowing you many years, I am confident that you can do anything you set your mind to. No doubt about it. But if you choose not to pursue it, don't worry. Just throwing that in there because sometimes, ok oftentimes, I get the feeling it's a "weighty issue" to you (pun intended?) All jokey-jokey aside, your worth as a person is not measured by the number on the scale. It is o.k. if you opt to stay where you are right now. Do you know yet if you're going to take the doctor's advice seriously and with a sense of urgency? Maybe you have already started but just not really posting about it or maybe there are other things you need to focus on right now? It is a commitment to set aside time to prioritize yourself and I know that is something probably all of us (definitely me) struggle with to some degree. I just hope you're healthy and feeling alright. Stay well. Keep us posted!

Irvine Dream said:
SoCal said:
After knowing you (IHO) many years, !
You know him?  I thought no one knows the truth about IHO or where he lives (other than probably Irvine Realtor and the beloved FRAMMIE)

Do you Irvine Dream? (with your excel spreadsheet jk jk)

this is the Rock's diet, Farmiee and TCCC should try this for a couple of days and report back. I think this is breakfast for IHO :)

"According to the plan, the San Andreas star downs 36 ounces of cod, eight ounces of chicken, eight ounces of steak, 30 grams casein protein (whatever that is), two whole eggs plus one 10-egg-white omelet, six cups of rice, 12 ounces of sweet potato, 12 ounces of baked potato, four cups of veggies, two cups of oatmeal, and two whole salads each day. Oh, also, he adds two tablespoons of fish oil to wash it all down."

qwerty said:
this is the Rock's diet, Farmiee and TCCC should try this for a couple of days and report back. I think this is breakfast for IHO :)

"According to the plan, the San Andreas star downs 36 ounces of cod, eight ounces of chicken, eight ounces of steak, 30 grams casein protein (whatever that is), two whole eggs plus one 10-egg-white omelet, six cups of rice, 12 ounces of sweet potato, 12 ounces of baked potato, four cups of veggies, two cups of oatmeal, and two whole salads each day. Oh, also, he adds two tablespoons of fish oil to wash it all down."

you going to work out like the Rock too?

that's a lot of calories. it is not relevant without knowing his workout routine and his weight and body fat % (more muscle you have, more calorie you burn even if you are just sleeping). also the timing of eating these foods (and work out timing), like how many meals at how far apart...etc

qwerty said:

The California Court Company said:
that's a lot of calories. it is not relevant without knowing his workout routine and his weight and body fat % (more muscle you have, more calorie you burn even if you are just sleeping). also the timing of eating these foods (and work out timing), like how many meals at how far apart...etc

qwerty said:

His TDEE is like 5000 calories.

the TKD diet is working I think...have gained my strength back and there is some muscle growth and most importantly, Adonis belt is more visible now (there are two V shaped vertical lines, I am working on the inner one)
images

Back