30 Day Fitness Challenge 2015

^ Impressive. The ol' man looks good for 50.

I'm down 10 lbs.

Getting a ton of use out of my Magic Bullet. Making fiber-filled protein shakes everyday, sometimes mixing in berries or a tsp. of coffee crystals, sometimes half a frozen nana... I peel them ahead of time and break them in half. Put in a freezer bag and pull one out when you need it.) Since I have every kitchen device ever created, I bought it years ago and thankfully remembered I had it. Love it. Don't know what I'd ever do without it. Before anyone suggests placing a mason jar upside down on a regular blender base, please don't. That is incredibly dangerous. According to people who have tried it, they've been known to shatter and send you to the E.R.

2-MB-Kit-Large_white2._SL260_.jpg

SoCal said:
^ Impressive. The ol' man looks good for 50.
Getting a ton of use out of my Magic Bullet. Making fiber-filled protein shakes everyday, sometimes mixing in berries or a tsp. of coffee crystals, sometimes half a frozen nana... I peel them ahead of time and break them in half. Put in a freezer bag and pull one out when you need it.)
OK, thanks,  I am going to get the magic bullet and using coffee and frozen half banana is a great idea.  thanks.  Costco has lots of protein variety.  Which is the best for old..er people (but still younger than the push up guy).

Irvine Dream said:
OK, thanks,  I am going to get the magic bullet and using coffee and frozen half banana is a great idea.  thanks.  Costco has lots of protein variety.  Which is the best for old..er people (but still younger than the push up guy).

Yeah, you will never be sorry you bought the Magic Bullet. Best invention ever. The 4-prong blade can cream frozen berries in seconds. I buy bags of frozen pre-sliced (unsweetened) strawberries, blueberries, and as I mentioned, I make my own frozen bananas. Even when I think it's going to be a challenge for the bullet since I'm too impatient to defrost them, it surprises me. Same with ice cubes.

Ooooh, the protein powder subject is going to be highly debatable!! It's like asking what the "best" coffee is. Rarely will two people agree! It totally depends on your own tastes. I'll just give my own opinion which is: "Designer Whey". I've tried many different kinds over the past ten years. And I've wasted lots of money throwing away containers that I just couldn't drink. The reasons that Designer Whey is my pick is because: It has fiber. Not all do. Fiber keeps you full. You need it in your life. D.W. contains no artificial sweeteners. Instead, it uses Stevia which is a natural plant extract. Some powders contain sucralose (i.e. Splenda) or even sugar. (I should state the same is not true for their "to go" products. Iirc, those contain artificial sweeteners.) The powder is more easily mixed / dissolvable than others I've tried. Last but not least, it's drinkable. Some people think it's too chalky but I'll take that over some which have corn fiber and feels like sludge. Not all powders are whey-based. This is just the one I've chosen to go with. I hope this helps!!!

like clock work Costco has these on sale just in time for new year resolution  (valid from Dec 29 - Jan 24) just like last year

Ab Cuts CLA Belly Fat Formula 2/120 ct $28.99
Instant Savings: -$7, No Limit
Final Price: $21.99

DietWorks Garcinia Cambogia 210 ct $18.99
Instant Savings: -$5, No Limit
Final Price: $13.99

Green Tea Fat Burner Maximum Strength 200 ct $15.49
Instant Savings: -$3, Limit 6
Final Price: $12.49

Personally I need go GAIN some weight. I don't know why but I actually lost a couple pounds this holiday season so far. need to eat more...

Has anyone tried the "Total Gym"?  They have the "Total Gym Flex" at Costco for $279, thinking about getting one.  Used to laugh at these late night infomercials but these things actually have a lot of good reviews on Amazon.

aquabliss said:
Has anyone tried the "Total Gym"?  They have the "Total Gym Flex" at Costco for $279, thinking about getting one.  Used to laugh at these late night infomercials but these things actually have a lot of good reviews on Amazon.

Don't like home gym equipment, I would at least get one that can serve a dual purpose (i.e. Laundry hanger/sorter) if it ends up not being used.  This one doesn't look like it will hang clothes.

CCC, I just want to be lean and cut, not trying to build mass or be on the cover of Men's fitness.  I think this coupled with 30 minutes of cardio should be a good workout.  A lot of reviewers said they are seeing good results with this machine.

I'd wouldn't mind going to the gym instead but I only workout after my kids are sleeping and by that time I'm happy just to limp out to the garage for a quick workout.

aquabliss said:

Have you seen Christy Brinkley at age 61 lately? She looks amazing and endorses the total gym. I will try whatever she's doing because I want to look like that in 30 years too

Paris said:
aquabliss said:

Have you seen Christy Brinkley at age 61 lately? She looks amazing and endorses the total gym. I will try whatever she's doing because I want to look like that in 30 years too

This advice is coming from a doctor. I find this hard to believe. Are you joking?

eyephone said:
Paris said:
aquabliss said:

This advice is coming from a doctor. I find this hard to believe. Are you joking?

Doctors are human too. Why do you think all the pharmaceutical sales reps are young and beautiful?

eyephone said:
Paris said:
aquabliss said:

If the gym isn't enough, Paris can always add some other stuff Christie Brinkley has done to keep her looks including Botox, Laser Treatments and Fillers.

Oh, how little things have changed since I last participated in this thread. I've maintained an 8 lb. weight-loss but that's as good as it got. I have a "milestone birthday" coming up in a couple years that I'm verrrry cognizant of. (Translation: "terrified of".) I don't know where the time went!! However, feeling as old as dirt... I decided to do something about it. So, this month I began circuit training. I just came back from a workout and I'm feeling good. It's been years since I've done circuit training but of everything I've tried, that was my favorite. So, I went back to it. May it prolong the inevitable! 

irvinehomeowner said:
Being on down slope of vitality, I can relate to SoCal's predicament.

Luckily I see my doc every 3-6 months so other than being a 3CWG when everyone else is 2CWG, I think I'm not dying too soon.

I've been meaning to follow up with you, Iho. I thought about you a couple times in the past month (usually when I'm visiting a fast food place). How is everything going health-wise? Somewhere in the foggy recesses of my brain, I remember reading that you were getting on your bicycle more often. Any luck keeping up with that? I hope your health is good and you're not Slip 'N Sliding down that hill of vitality full force.

Ready2Downsize said:
eyephone said:
Paris said:
aquabliss said:

If the gym isn't enough, Paris can always add some other stuff Christie Brinkley has done to keep her looks including Botox, Laser Treatments and Fillers.

Why do you think I'm joking eyephone? Much of Brinkley's young appearance has to do with her strict fitness regimen and vegetarian organic diet. Not denying she's had work done though.

Fitness and diet alone contribute to much of her young appearance. But as long as you assume the risk and weigh against the benefit of every procedure, I say do whatever makes you feel good and look your best. I've already started Botox in my 30s to avoid developing wrinkles and I'm sure will try additional treatments to maintain over the years. Some people prefer to age "naturally", I do not. To each their own

Back