30 Day Fitness Challenge 2015

Paris - I think eating healthy and exercising is the way to go. I don't pay attention to celebrity endorsements.

[took you 9 months to reply]  ;)

Re: Christie Brinkley:

Normal people can never do what celebrities do. They have all the time in the world to work our, personal trainers, chefs that cook them healthy food, plastic surgeons, etc... money and time does wonders.

As for myself, still "husky"... but still trying.

I will defeat you Father Time!!!!

Paris said:
I've already started Botox in my 30s to avoid developing wrinkles and I'm sure will try additional treatments to maintain over the years.

Careful, you don't want to look like one of these frozen-faced women we see in O.C. all the time:

Laughing
unsure-smiley-face.svg

Crying
unsure-smiley-face.svg

Surprised
unsure-smiley-face.svg

... you get the idea.

eyephone said:
Paris - I think eating healthy and exercising is the way to go. I don't pay attention to celebrity endorsements.

[took you 9 months to reply]  ;)

I know it took forever to reply - I didn't see it until SoCal resurrected the thread  :)
As a healthcare practitioner I HAVE TO agree with your statement. BUT I never disagree with some sensible anti-aging products out there whether it's great skincare lines, light fillers, botox or even some light plastic surgery.
SoCal that's hilarious - my husband likes when I get botox because then he can't tell when I'm mad

I need to stop stuffing my fat little face with sweets. We've decided to go to Hawaii next summer.

I want to look at the photos and be happy, not cringe. I don't know why but sweets are my biggest downfall by far. I would be fine never having fried food again and some other things that are not the healthiest. But I'm so tempted by chocolate, cookies, cake. I tell myself I'm not going to buy it. Then I bake it. I tell myself I'm going to stop baking. Then I buy it. Mr. SoCal keeps buying me bags of chocolate candies every single week. He's been doing this for years. I ask him to stop it. I also ask what's wrong with him -- doesn't he want a thin wife?? He says he doesn't care -- he just wants a happy wife and he knows chocolate makes me happy. I appreciate he's trying to keep me "happy" and is fine with how I look but at the same time, it pisses me off that he does this if I'm totally honest. It's like he doesn't take it seriously. Luckily, I have stuck to my guns and have lost about 10 lbs. recently. I've also successfully avoided the Girl Scouts planted at every store entrance & exit in Orange County. Beware of those aggressive cookie sellers.

Sugar is extremely addictive and can be found in everything. Some studies suggest it is as addictive as cocaine. They did a study with lab rats once that demonstrated the rats preferred sweetened sugar water over IV cocaine.

If you go on a sugar fast, 2 weeks no sugar at all and your body will rid itself of the cravings. But just like an addict you go through withdrawals, mood instability and it's damn hard because sugar is in everything!

Paris said:
If you go on a sugar fast, 2 weeks no sugar at all and your body will rid itself of the cravings. But just like an addict you go through withdrawals, mood instability and it's damn hard because sugar is in everything!

I've tried. After about 5 days of no sugar / almost zero carbs, I had those symptoms... the worst headache of my life, very emotional, shaky, and nauseous. I felt myself panic. I grabbed a box of waffles from the freezer, tore into it like a wild animal, toasted half the box (about 5 waffles), absolutely drowned them in syrup and ate them all on a plate while I stood in the kitchen and cried. I was crying because I was disappointed in myself but at the same time, very relieved. It's amazing that I'm not 300 lbs.

SoCal said:
Paris said:

I've tried. After about 5 days of no sugar / almost zero carbs, I had those symptoms... the worst headache of my life, very emotional, shaky, and nauseous. I felt myself panic. I grabbed a box of waffles from the freezer, tore into it like a wild animal, toasted half the box (about 5 waffles), absolutely drowned them in syrup and ate them all on a plate while I stood in the kitchen and cried. I was crying because I was disappointed in myself but at the same time, very relieved. It's amazing that I'm not 300 lbs.

Same thing with soda, especially diet.  I went cold Turkey on all soda (used to have 3-4 a day) in November of last year and took awhile to get past the anxiety and cravings but I'm still off and feel much better now.

SoCal said:
Paris said:

LOL - I had an image of you doing this in my head  ;D
See how addictive it is! Now you will have more sympathy for that Meth user who is "trying to quit". They feel the same way.

I actually recommend cutting out all "processed sugars"/ simple sugars but supplementing your diet with natural sugars like in fruits - do power green/ fruit smoothies that you make yourself with fruits and veggies in the nutri bullet. Cut out processed foods. this will allow you to at least get rid of that "simple sugars" that are toxic and slowly make your smoothies more veggies and less fruits
At the end of the day it's the processed crap that is bad for you. If you can keep it in your pantry or fridge for more than 2 weeks, you should not be eating it. it's fake food. And don't add sugar to your coffee/ tea - it adds up.
Next goal - caffeine free  ;)

I just got back from Dunkin' Donuts. I took my sons there to treat them to maple bars after school.

Something that I find works well: Smell the food. Don't eat it.

Fat Me loves maple bars and especially apple fritters. Thin Me resisted buying one. I put my face in the bag of their donuts and inhale deeply. It's the same basic experience. My kid didn't like it, though. He's like, "Eww, go sniff your own maple bar."

SoCal said:
I just got back from Dunkin' Donuts. I took my sons there to treat them to maple bars after school.

Something that I find works well: Smell the food. Don't eat it.

Fat Me loves maple bars and especially apple fritters. Thin Me resisted buying one. I put my face in the bag of their donuts and inhale deeply. It's the same basic experience. My kid didn't like it, though. He's like, "Eww, go sniff your own maple bar."

OMG how do you do that?! pure torture!  I'm a huge apple fritter fan but have not had one in years  :( I should treat myself for my birthday this year

Mr. SoCal bought me my absolute favorite -- a box of Caramel Delites a.k.a. Samoas.

I have filed for divorce.

I went to *smell* the cookies. Four of them fell into my mouth. He says I "vacuumed" them up. I'm sticking with my story. We'll let the judge sort out the details.

SoCal said:
Mr. SoCal bought me my absolute favorite -- a box of Caramel Delites a.k.a. Samoas.

I have filed for divorce.

I went to *smell* the cookies. Four of them fell into my mouth. He says I "vacuumed" them up. I'm sticking with my story. We'll let the judge sort out the details.

OMG, you are hilarious and I can totally relate. I've always been pudgy but was in great shape 4-5 years ago and been slacking. Got some numbers back and kinda bad so going to be better. I'm an all or nothing person, I'm either eating well and doing crazy workouts or eating crappy and doing couch marathons. Struggling to find the balance! Plus I love food, all of it!

Back