You are a Chinese immigrant, inherited a million dollars, just moved to Irvine

Qwerty, keep your head up high... SDS up 2%. This may be a start of a bigger correction. I don't think the DOW will break 13k.. Don't sell out too early.. you may regret it.

qwerty said:
Panda said:
Qwerty, Are you still holding SDS? I know it is painful but hang in there as I am also on same side of the trade as you with my EUO holdings since April 2011.  I will be shocked if DOW breaks 13k. It is absolutely amazing to me how many funny rabbits, Bernanke is pulling out of his hat.

As I mentioned to you before I like TBT and TBF for a long term hold. I mean how much lower can the rates go?

Qwerty, don't take this the wrong way :) I was shocked when Roundcorners told me that you were Mexican as I thought you were Asian this whole time. I think you are the smartest Mexican I've ever met in cyber space and in the real world.

qwerty said:
Panda said:
The buy and hold investment vehicle I like today is shorting long term treasury bonds.

one would think rates would start to go up, but at the same time i can see rates staying this low for the next 5-7 years, so it may be premature to start shorting LT tbills.  i bought SDS at 20/share when the dow was at about 12200, still holding it. Now i need average down and buy some more.  Not sure what the catalyst will be (europe? us deficit?) but my gut tells me that the dow/s&p will be going down.

yeah im still holding SDS, ill unload it the next time the DOW hits 12K. TBT and TBF seem like a no brainer for a long term hold, unless we become the next japan, which isnt out of the question. 

No worries Panda, i dont offend easily and can appreciate the honesty, I try to the carry the torch for mexicans, there arent many of us smart ones out there :) 

For what is worth, i consider myself the smartest mexican i have ever met as well.

my wife is asian though, so maybe that will give me some street cred with the asians on the TI/IHB.

Panda said:
Qwerty, keep your head up high... SDS up 2%. This may be a start of a bigger correction. I don't think the DOW will break 13k.. Don't sell out too early.. you may regret it.

qwerty said:
Panda said:
Qwerty, Are you still holding SDS? I know it is painful but hang in there as I am also on same side of the trade as you with my EUO holdings since April 2011.  I will be shocked if DOW breaks 13k. It is absolutely amazing to me how many funny rabbits, Bernanke is pulling out of his hat.

As I mentioned to you before I like TBT and TBF for a long term hold. I mean how much lower can the rates go?

Qwerty, don't take this the wrong way :) I was shocked when Roundcorners told me that you were Mexican as I thought you were Asian this whole time. I think you are the smartest Mexican I've ever met in cyber space and in the real world.

qwerty said:
Panda said:
The buy and hold investment vehicle I like today is shorting long term treasury bonds.

one would think rates would start to go up, but at the same time i can see rates staying this low for the next 5-7 years, so it may be premature to start shorting LT tbills.  i bought SDS at 20/share when the dow was at about 12200, still holding it. Now i need average down and buy some more.  Not sure what the catalyst will be (europe? us deficit?) but my gut tells me that the dow/s&p will be going down.

yeah im still holding SDS, ill unload it the next time the DOW hits 12K. TBT and TBF seem like a no brainer for a long term hold, unless we become the next japan, which isnt out of the question. 

No worries Panda, i dont offend easily and can appreciate the honesty, I try to the carry the torch for mexicans, there arent many of us smart ones out there :) 

For what is worth, i consider myself the smartest mexican i have ever met as well.

my wife is asian though, so maybe that will give me some street cred with the asians on the TI/IHB.

Panda - ive learned from my mistakes in the past not to sell prematurely. My gut tells me we will be back to 12,200 where i bought it at in the first place and get my money back.

Paging MoreKaos,
What's your opinion? You also think we will break 13k on the DOW near term?  haha.. maybe i should stop shorting the Euro. :)

Sorry, I really haven't been monitoring this thread but I just spent the last 10 minutes catching up.  Yes, I am still long but I have begun selective profit taking.  Putting funds quickly back to work though.  Just like the last 3 years, this is the best trading market I have been in in 27 years of manging money.  When the crowd agrees with me 100% (1999) I will step out, but for now....don't step in the way of a train.

:) That sounds great - lol - - yah a petition costs around a $1000- - and then if they have money -citizenship shouldn't be an issue.

Irvine is pretty pricey though! and I love its Oriental community.

Hey Qwerty and MoreKaos.

I am planning on taking on a 2500 share position of DGP (Gold long 2x) on Tuesday open. What's your opinion on this?

RSI is currently at 40.74, 200 day MA 56.13  and 50 dayMA $50.70.

5bpbls.jpg

1 year chart

qrn9qc.jpg

2 year chart

..... IHO.... and where exactly is the DOW today???      Guess what... it is going lower. Mark this post. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Baby Irvine said:
I don't think the DOW will break 13k..
Panda said:
I will be shocked if DOW breaks 13k.
Aha... this is where I read that.

No wonder Baby Panda Irvine has been so quiet lately.

Baby Irvine said:
Hey Qwerty and MoreKaos.

I am planning on taking on a 2500 share position of DGP (Gold long 2x) on Tuesday open. What's your opinion on this?

5bpbls.jpg

1 year chart

qrn9qc.jpg

2 year chart
So what's your stop loss and what is your target price?

Iho, depends on what you asking me. Are asking in the six months or the next 3-5 years? I see some serious turmoil coming ahead.

Trojan, I am no Asian George soros. I don't have to time the exact bottom but long as I am close enough is what matters. I think gold may be headed towards 1900 by October, but a lot depends when bernanke announces qe3.I took my euo profits which I bought in the 16s. Euro can get down to 1.15 to parity to the dollar... But 1.25 is close enough for me. No need to be greedy

Trojan, stick to what you know which is the VIX. What I know is Gold & Silver, Currencies, and Commodities. We are close to the commodity bubble pop, but just don't know how close we are... perhaps 2-3 years away. There is no 100% safe haven right now so you have to navigate the next couple of years carefully. Right now I am liking the U.S. Dollar, Gold, and Johns Creek Real Estate. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
Baby Irvine said:
Hey Qwerty and MoreKaos.

5bpbls.jpg

1 year chart

qrn9qc.jpg

2 year chart
So what's your stop loss and what is your target price?

Baby Panda - I'm sticking to what i know best which is VIX and VXX options and I'm not touching currencies or gold/silver.  50%+ annual returns the past 3 years work for me but I am beginning to mix it up s bit since volatility has risen the past 2 months using strangles, straddles, and call/put spreads as well as going long or short the VXX with covered calls/puts. 

Baby Irvine Panda - im not too familiar with gold, dont really keep up with it.  but everyone has the printing presses going right now which in theory devalues currencies and makes commodities/metals prices higher so buying gold or your case DGP would seem like the correct move to make depending on your time frame.  Good luck man.

Thanks Qwerty.

These days... i don't really see clear opportunties in the market right now. Loading up on $700 gold and holding seemed so obvious to me 4 years ago. The dollar at 72 seemed obvious it was time to leverage short the Euro. Euro just broke a major resistance at 1.25, but the dollar is no longer cheap at 82. I also don't like the price of gold at $1550, but we've seen a drop in the metal for 10 months now. The last major gold correction went from $1000 to $700 in a matter of 7 months from March 2008 - October 2008.

To be honest, the only asset class that i see a clear opportunity to make some serious money in the next 5 - 10 years is building a portfolio of 8 - 10 SFR rentals in emerging real estate markets, and I am not talking about ridiculously overpriced real estate in Irvine. I also like TBT and TBF.....  maybe later this year.

Buying Gold now is like flipping Irvine real estate back in 2003-2004. I just hope i am not the last one holding the bag.... yes.. .. TBT will be good long term play... :)

I get it, you mean Johns Creek?

Baby Irvine said:
To be honest, the only asset class that i see a clear opportunity to make some serious money in the next 5 - 10 years is SFR rentals in emerging real estate markets, and I am not talking about overpriced real estate in Irvine.

The Motor Court.... there are other emerging markets right now like Austin Texas.... Certain zip codes in Austin have appreciated 20% year over year. Johns Creek is not the only emerging real estate market in town. Seek and you shall find.....

The Motor Court Company said:
I get it, you mean Johns Creek?

Baby Irvine said:
To be honest, the only asset class that i see a clear opportunity to make some serious money in the next 5 - 10 years is SFR rentals in emerging real estate markets, and I am not talking about overpriced real estate in Irvine.

Back