You are a Chinese immigrant, inherited a million dollars, just moved to Irvine

Qwerty, Are you still holding SDS? I know it is painful but hang in there as I am also on same side of the trade as you with my EUO holdings since April 2011.  I will be shocked if DOW breaks 13k. It is absolutely amazing to me how many funny rabbits, Bernanke is pulling out of his hat.

As I mentioned to you before I like TBT and TBF for a long term hold. I mean how much lower can the rates go?

Qwerty, don't take this the wrong way :) I was shocked when Roundcorners told me that you were Mexican as I thought you were Asian this whole time. I think you are the smartest Mexican I've ever met in cyber space and in the real world.

qwerty said:
Panda said:
The buy and hold investment vehicle I like today is shorting long term treasury bonds.

one would think rates would start to go up, but at the same time i can see rates staying this low for the next 5-7 years, so it may be premature to start shorting LT tbills.  i bought SDS at 20/share when the dow was at about 12200, still holding it. Now i need average down and buy some more.  Not sure what the catalyst will be (europe? us deficit?) but my gut tells me that the dow/s&p will be going down.

Panda said:
Qwerty, don't take this the wrong way :) I was shocked when Roundcorners told me that you were Mexican as I thought you were Asian this whole time. Seriously, you are the smartest Mexican I've ever met in the cyber space and in the real world.

:eek:

traceimage said:
Panda said:
Qwerty, don't take this the wrong way :) I was shocked when Roundcorners told me that you were Mexican as I thought you were Asian this whole time. Seriously, you are the smartest Mexican I've ever met in the cyber space and in the real world.

:eek:

smiley-shocked019.gif

Panda said:
Qwerty, Are you still holding SDS? I know it is painful but hang in there as I am also on same side of the trade as you with my EUO holdings since April 2011.  I will be shocked if DOW breaks 13k. It is absolutely amazing to me how many funny rabbits, Bernanke is pulling out of his hat.

As I mentioned to you before I like TBT and TBF for a long term hold. I mean how much lower can the rates go?

Qwerty, don't take this the wrong way :) I was shocked when Roundcorners told me that you were Mexican as I thought you were Asian this whole time. I think you are the smartest Mexican I've ever met in cyber space and in the real world.

qwerty said:
Panda said:
The buy and hold investment vehicle I like today is shorting long term treasury bonds.

one would think rates would start to go up, but at the same time i can see rates staying this low for the next 5-7 years, so it may be premature to start shorting LT tbills.  i bought SDS at 20/share when the dow was at about 12200, still holding it. Now i need average down and buy some more.  Not sure what the catalyst will be (europe? us deficit?) but my gut tells me that the dow/s&p will be going down.

yeah im still holding SDS, ill unload it the next time the DOW hits 12K. TBT and TBF seem like a no brainer for a long term hold, unless we become the next japan, which isnt out of the question. 

No worries Panda, i dont offend easily and can appreciate the honesty, I try to the carry the torch for mexicans, there arent many of us smart ones out there :) 

For what is worth, i consider myself the smartest mexican i have ever met as well.

my wife is asian though, so maybe that will give me some street cred with the asians on the TI/IHB.

I think you guys are nuts to be fighting this trend.  The Dow will almost certainly go above 13k.  I think it will test the '07 high of 14k before crashing again.  Job creation is headed in the right direction as are many other indicators.  Eventually investors will perceive things to be overpriced and start selling, but I don't think that time is now.

he is not being very smart moving to Irvine with his 1 million bucks. He should move to Johns Creek, where being a landlord of SFRs should be very profitable and able to feed his family. Within 10 years he could be worth 10 million dollars.

Liar Loan = Graphix in disguise?    :)

Liar Loan said:
I think you guys are nuts to be fighting this trend.  The Dow will almost certainly go above 13k.  I think it will test the '07 high of 14k before crashing again.  Job creation is headed in the right direction as are many other indicators.  Eventually investors will perceive things to be overpriced and start selling, but I don't think that time is now.

:)

The Motor Court Company said:
he is not being very smart moving to Irvine with his 1 million bucks. He should move to Johns Creek, where being a landlord of SFRs should be very profitable and able to feed his family. Within 10 years he could be worth 10 million dollars.

Liar Loan said:
Don't figh the tape....playing the vix options has been very profitable since Dec.

Paging MoreKaos,

What's your opinion? You also think we will break 13k on the DOW near term?  haha.. maybe i should stop shorting the Euro. :)

Panda said:
Liar Loan = Graphix in disguise?    :)

Liar Loan said:

No, but I'm here indirectly because of him.  He invited me to join OC Reader from the Register blogs and that led me to this forum (thanks to IHO). 

Job creation? More like people are giving up looking for jobs so unemployment is dropping (Participation rate is at the lowest it has been in almost 30 years).

Euro disaster? China is pledging around 100b  Euro in aid to the EFSF.

The key phrase is "muddle through" for this economy. Although, I am long some future-dated VIX (short others) because Greece WILL be defaulting March 20th.

Amen! brotha... that's more like it :)    I am sick and tired of listening to the day to day noise on CNBC.... Greece is going to default... wait... we have found a bandaid... Greece is going to default. wait... .. back and forth, back and forth...

My Crystal ball technicals are telling me that Euro will be 1.15 against the dollar. Once this happens my next long trade is Agriculture, Energy, and Shorting the 20 year treasury bonds.

LAtoOC said:
Job creation? More like people are giving up looking for jobs so unemployment is dropping (Participation rate is at the lowest it has been in almost 30 years).

Euro disaster? China is pledging around 100b  Euro in aid to the EFSF.

The key phrase is "muddle through" for this economy. Although, I am long some future-dated VIX (short others) because Greece WILL be defaulting March 20th.

2vskyoi.png

This is where i get my 1.15 number and nailed it shorting the Euro between 1.45- 1.47. The DOW at 12,859 is about roll over any time now. and again, I have no idea what other funny rabbits Bernanke will pull out of his hat.... Long term dollar chart from 1985 shows me that the dollar index can potentally shoot up to 97.5. I am certain if we reach this point.. Bernanke will print like never before. this is when the dollar will head down to the 60s... and you want to hold REAL assets in Irvine or Johns Creek... I don't care.. but just hold something that is REAL! :)

LAtoOC said:
1.15? Lowest we will see is 1.20, if that low.

Panda said:
2vskyoi.png

This is where i get my 1.15 number. Long term dollar chart from 1985 shows me that the dollar index shoot up to 97.5. I am certain if we reach this point..
Bernanke will print like never before.

LAtoOC said:
Getting all technical on us Panda?  I see the lower lows and lower highs.  The question is how high they'll run the Euro up before they pull the rug out from everyone long?  The short trade on it got very crowded when we were approaching 1.25 so the powers to be wanted to shake out the weak shorts.  Anyhow, I'll stick to what I know best and that's neither ForEx or Gold. 

Trojan, you see the chart where it shows a LOWER LOW some time in June of 2010. I ASKED YOU BRO on TI... TROJAN.. the EURO looks awfully cheap at 1.18... should i load it up... and you told me, "NO PANDA.. dont' do it.. .you are crazy!" TU ES LOCO!

YOU REMEMBER?

USCTrojanCPA said:
Panda said:
2vskyoi.png

This is where i get my 1.15 number. Long term dollar chart from 1985 shows me that the dollar index shoot up to 97.5. I am certain if we reach this point..

LAtoOC said:
Getting all technical on us Panda?  I see the lower lows and lower highs.  The question is how high they'll run the Euro up before they pull the rug out from everyone long?  The short trade on it got very crowded when we were approaching 1.25 so the powers to be wanted to shake out the weak shorts.  Anyhow, I'll stick to what I know best and that's neither ForEx or Gold. 

LAtoOC said:

I didn't say anything about the unemployment rate.  Job creation numbers are NOT part of the unemployment calculation or the participation rate calculation.  Both of these numbers are easily manipulated and misinterpreted. 

The number of actual jobs is a more concrete measurement.  We can all agree what a job is and how it should be quantified.  Jobs are being created by the private sector and have been for quite some time.  However, the government has continued to shrink due to the lagging nature of tax receipts and government layoffs have offset a good chunk of the private sector hiring.  Now government job losses are slowing and you're starting to see an increase in net jobs now that government shrinkage isn't offsetting private sector growth.  This will probably continue through 2012 as tax receipts slowly get better and the government isn't forced to cut as many people.

Yup, I do and that is exactly why I don't trade currencies.  I mainly trade options of various indexes when it comes to the stock market, it's been working fine for me so I'll stick with it. 

Panda said:
Trojan, you see the chart where it shows a LOWER LOW some time in June of 2010. I ASKED YOU BRO on TI... TROJAN.. the EURO looks awfully cheap at 1.18... should i load it up... and you told me, "NO PANDA.. dont' do it.. .you are crazy!" TU ES LOCO!

YOU REMEMBER?

USCTrojanCPA said:
Panda said:
2vskyoi.png

LAtoOC said:

Back