University of California

Mety said:
That's how eyephone would analyze. And I get it that it's easy to think that way. But if you read really carefully what I'm posting, have I ever mentioned about some random person from Youtube about anything? I don't care if someone is REAL or NOT REAL expert. The information that person is putting out is delivered to me or us through various medias and we are responsible to question things before we accept it as truth. If you already did, then great. I'm still in the process and would like some patience for someone as slow as me also. I'm throwing counter questions to receive more convincing arguments from you, but so far most people just automatically label me as some Trump supporter or conspiracy theorist whenever I counter their arguments.

My point is, doctors and scientists are saying everyone eligible should take the vaccine. So far, only the far-right media and goony Trump supporting politicians have gone against this suggestion. Politicians like Cruz, Abbott, DeSantis, Gaetz, MTG. The only reason they do this is to try to prolong the pandemic so that Biden and the Democrats would get blamed for it. It's for 2022 election. These politicians don't care about the lives of the people.

So, instead of listening to the doctors and scientists, you also want to consider these politicians' views. Isn't that why you're asking questions? Because these politicians planted unfounded doubts in your mind? I really just brought up random Youtubers as an example because that's how all these people who "do their own research" get their "research" from. Basically, you're asking questions on an internet forum from random people to get questions from them so that you can counter them. Well, guess what? The politicians, the random Youtubers, people on the internet, and you aren't adequately well versed enough in the medical field to have a better opinion than doctors and scientists. So getting a more convincing argument from people on the internet still won't give you better information about the vaccine.

Also, to address your issue with vaccine mandate for children/young adult in schools, it's because schools/colleges is a place where lots of people congregate in an enclosed area. The same mandate is now in many places where many people gather, like at Chavez Ravine, Honda Center, Staples Center,  Oracle Park, Oracle Arena, etc. So if the elderly want to go these places, they would have to be vaccinated as well.

zovall said:
fatduck said:
in an ideal world they would mandate vaccines for all. 

I might be in the minority but I am definitely against mandated vaccines. I chose to get vaccinated and I want that to remain a choice for people to make themselves

I wouldn't care if people decided to not get vaccinated against something that ISN'T contagious. But it's different for things like COVID-19. Not everything should be left to people's choice. That's why we have seat belt law, drunk driving law, etc.

To me, being mandated to inject something into your body or your child's body is quite different than requiring someone to wear a seat belt or wear a mask.

So I actually support the right to choose... but only if you also test and abide by other safety protocols. That's where I think the disconnect is... people don't want to vaccinate but they also don't want to be told to do other things that help in lieu of vaccination.

nosuchreality said:
So the new antiviral game charger pill causes the virus to wildly mutate itself into self destruction.  It requires a 5 day, twice a day, multiple pill regimen.

Holy shit, people can?t follow through a five day Zpac.

What happens when idiots do only one day, two days or skip half the doses?

Seriously do we not have all sorts of problems with antibiotics because of incomplete and over use?

Sorry if I missed this for sarcasm.. but isn't this pill a great thing to help save lives? If the idiots don't follow through the 5 day course, I imagine they get sick and possibly die. Is your concern that having this pill as an option will discourage people from getting vaccinated?

irvinehomeowner said:
So I actually support the right to choose... but only if you also test and abide by other safety protocols. That's where I think the disconnect is... people don't want to vaccinate but they also don't want to be told to do other things that help in lieu of vaccination.
At work, we are required to be vaccinated (unless there is a medical or religious exemption and it seems like they will be pretty strict on those). There is no option to test. You will be placed on unpaid leave for 6 weeks (to give time to get vaccinated) and if you still are not vaccinated, your employment will be terminated.

I have mixed feelings about it. If people could change their jobs easily, I wouldn't have a problem with an employer mandating that. But a lot of people can't change their jobs easily..

zovall said:
To me, being mandated to inject something into your body or your child's body is quite different than requiring someone to wear a seat belt or wear a mask.

Again, I wouldn't care if not getting vaccinated doesn't affect others, but it does affect others. This is more like drunk driving than wearing a seat belt.

CalBears96 said:
zovall said:

Again, I wouldn't care if not getting vaccinated doesn't affect others, but it does affect others. This is more like drunk driving than wearing a seat belt.

?so it affects others because even if you are vaccinated, you could get the vid?the very thing you are vaccinated to prevent??in other words the vaccines are unreliable and don?t work.  Natural immunity is your best defense.

CalBears96 said:
zovall said:

A drunk driver is likely to hurt someone else (probably someone who isn't drunk). Not allowing a drunk person to drive seems reasonable and does not violate their body.

An unvaccinated person could infect someone else but people can reduce that possibility by getting vaccinated, wearing masks, social distancing, etc. I just do not think government should mandate vaccination.

I think we're just going to have to disagree here.

I don't understand what it is about vaccination that is this huge violation

It's a shot in your arm. Hurts for like a day. Then it's over. What's the big deal. "I don't know what's in it?" You don't know what's in anything. Your food, your drinking water, your air. All kinds of shit you didn't consent to.

Getting pulled over by a cop and searched seems like a much bigger invasion to me.

zovall said:
nosuchreality said:
So the new antiviral game charger pill causes the virus to wildly mutate itself into self destruction.  It requires a 5 day, twice a day, multiple pill regimen.

Holy shit, people can?t follow through a five day Zpac.

What happens when idiots do only one day, two days or skip half the doses?

Seriously do we not have all sorts of problems with antibiotics because of incomplete and over use?

Sorry if I missed this for sarcasm.. but isn't this pill a great thing to help save lives? If the idiots don't follow through the 5 day course, I imagine they get sick and possibly die. Is your concern that having this pill as an option will discourage people from getting vaccinated?
I think the question was if someone takes this only part way can it create a stronger drug resistant strain like antibiotics. (I'll admit I have no idea)

irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:
Natural immunity is your best defense.

Opinion.

Someone?s ?facts?.

Israeli study: Natural immunity gives better protection than COVID shot
Study based on Maccabi Health data finds that natural immunity based on prior infection offers considerably better protection than 2 doses.

Natural immunity that develops after SARS-CoV-2 infection offers considerably better protection against the "Delta variant" than does two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, an Israeli study found.

The study relies on data from Israel's Maccabi Health Services, and was conducted by researchers from Maccabi and Tel Aviv University. A preprint of the study, which has not yet been peer-reviewed, was published last week on medRxiv.

According to Science Magazine, the study found that "never-infected people who were vaccinated in January and February were, in June, July, and the first half of August, six to 13 times more likely to get infected than unvaccinated people who were previously infected with the coronavirus."

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/312637
https://youtu.be/BhGdTcJqlBw

fatduck said:
I don't understand what it is about vaccination that is this huge violation

It's a shot in your arm. Hurts for like a day. Then it's over. What's the big deal. "I don't know what's in it?" You don't know what's in anything. Your food, your drinking water, your air. All kinds of shit you didn't consent to.

Getting pulled over by a cop and searched seems like a much bigger invasion to me.

It wouldn't have been an issue if it weren't for Qanon, Newsmax, Fox News, Trump supporting Republican politicians/celebrities spreading misinformation about the vaccine.

I'd like to have that natural immunity, I just hear the side effects of that first infection can be a real killer.

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:

Opinion.

Someone?s ?facts?.

Study based on Maccabi Health data finds that natural immunity based on prior infection offers considerably better protection than 2 doses.

Natural immunity that develops after SARS-CoV-2 infection offers considerably better protection against the "Delta variant" than does two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, an Israeli study found.

The study relies on data from Israel's Maccabi Health Services, and was conducted by researchers from Maccabi and Tel Aviv University. A preprint of the study, which has not yet been peer-reviewed, was published last week on medRxiv.

According to Science Magazine, the study found that "never-infected people who were vaccinated in January and February were, in June, July, and the first half of August, six to 13 times more likely to get infected than unvaccinated people who were previously infected with the coronavirus."

I was thinking the same thing.

nosuchreality said:
I'd like to have that natural immunity, I just hear the side effects of that first infection can be a real killer.

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:

Opinion.

Someone?s ?facts?.

nosuchreality said:

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:

Opinion.

Someone?s ?facts?.

Was a mild flu. Worst part was the loss of taste bc I love to eat?but that came back.

morekaos said:
nosuchreality said:

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:

Opinion.

Someone?s ?facts?.

Was a mild flu. Worst part was the loss of taste bc I love to eat?but that came back.

Let me know when the vaccine kills 700,000 in the USA.

Back