University of California

If there is money to be made shit talking the vaccine, Tucker Carlson and fox news will find it.
Even if everyone at FOX is vaccinated, and they have a mandatory vaccination policy, money comes first.

If you can't change their minds, might as well make money off the derps.

I don't really watch TV news or know all those people working there, but are those some of FOX news people who are vaccinated are against the vaccine at all cost or are they against mandating it? You guys know they are totally different opinions, right?

Meanwhile, Scandinavian countries limit Moderna for biological male under age 30 citing myocarditis as the main reason...in the US we are too polarized but sometimes we need to look around the world...

We mandate vaccines to go to school or join the military.
I don't see a difference.

Yeah, most of those are shots you get when you're 3-4 years old. You think the Covid shot should be added to that list? And what about your answer on those who don't get covid shots? They can't go to schools?

Since we already mandate shots, just adding another one is not a big deal.
Your argument is against mandating the covid 19 shot, but we already mandate so many other ones.

What's the difference if we add another one?

Because lets face it..this is not much of a "vaccine", is it?  When I got my Polio shot, I never got polio.  When I got my Measles shot...I never got Measles, and neither did anyone else.  This doesn't seem to do that...It seems more of a treatment then a vaccine. 

zubs said:
Your argument is against mandating the covid 19 shot, but we already mandate so many other ones.

I'm not arguing anything to be honest. I'm only QUESTIONING if you're ok with those who don't get vaccinated being unqualified to go to school.

If you ask me what the difference is with those already existing lists and the covid vaccine, I think there are many differences in terms of what type of diseases they are. I mean, why not mandate influenza shots then? So many kids get it from schools, right?

zubs said:

The exact same garbage they peddled in Samoa when nurses made a mistake that  ended up killing two kids when they got their measles vaccine.

Of course, after wrapping the tiny country, about the population of Irvine around the axle of anti-vax hysteria and getting the mandatory childhood vaccine on hold, guess what came to town?

Yep measles.  83 Died, 1868 ended up in the hospital.  Some 5700 sickened.

Know why you didn't hear about this ravaging Samoa?  The news stories about the child size coffins got lost in the Covid noise.

Before the mistake that killed two, for decades Samoa was a vaccine success story.  Undone and dozens killed in months.

Mety said:
zubs said:

I'm not arguing anything to be honest. I'm only QUESTIONING if you're ok with those who don't get vaccinated being unqualified to go to school.

If you ask me what the difference is with those already existing lists and the covid vaccine, I think there are many differences in terms of what type of diseases they are. I mean, why not mandate influenza shots then? So many kids get it from schools, right?

USC has done exactly that...its a slippery slope to perch on...

9/28 Flu Vaccine Requirement for Students

All USC students taking in-person classes or living in university-owned residences in Fall 2021 are required to complete immunization for influenza by November

https://studenthealth.usc.edu/flu-vaccine-requirement-for-students/

Mety said:
zubs said:

I thought COVID19 is worse than Influenza by I dunno 5X?
So since it kills more than influenza, it should be mandated.

morekaos said:
Because lets face it..this is not much of a "vaccine", is it?  When I got my Polio shot, I never got polio.  When I got my Measles shot...I never got Measles, and neither did anyone else.  This doesn't seem to do that...It seems more of a treatment then a vaccine. 

I was pretty sure in the beginning we were told 9x% effective against getting covid so get the vaccine. Then when there were people not getting it we were told if we get it we can take our mask off and go out and do whatever, go see grandkids etc. I had my doubts for both and continued wearing a mask.

Then we were told but no one is going to die and that is not true either. Yes, less likely for sure but who knows down the road. In fact we have no way to even know how many breakthru cases there are because the CDC decided to only track those who are hospitalized or die.

So I thought maybe I misremembered the first claim but my daughter told me last night they said we wouldn't get covid if we got two vaccine shots so why do we have to wear masks? I think we were either in fact told little chance to get Covid two weeks after second dose (certainly more people than 5-!0% breakthrus in real life) or a whole lot of us didn't understand what was actually said. She is saying this vaccine doesn't really seem like it's a vaccine. I got MMR and no one I know got those diseases. Apparently we were misled or just plain don't understand what is being said.

Mety said:
Yeah, most of those are shots you get when you're 3-4 years old. You think the Covid shot should be added to that list? And what about your answer on those who don't get covid shots? They can't go to schools?

Currently, there's no mandate for 12-17 year olds yet, so high school students can still go to school, but there are universities that will dismiss students who refuse to get COVID vaccine. I'm pretty sure UC and Cal State schools are following the mandate and don't let unvaccinated students on campus.

Well the numbers coming in make the message about vaccine effectiveness all the muddier....

Victoria Australia Records 867 New COVID Cases, 375 in Hospital and 95% of Those Hospitalized are Vaccinated
September 28, 2021

Health Minister Foley announced 867 new COVID cases recorded yesterday.  During the statistical outline Foley identifies 375 people as hospitalized, 81 people in intensive care and 61 people on a ventilator.  Then comes the statistic everyone in government and media ignore.  Amid the recorded cases ?78% of the hospital cases are fully vaccinated, and 17% are partially vaccinated (1 dose)??.
That means 95% of the COVID patients in Victoria hospitals are vaccinated.

356 people out of 375 patients are vaccinated, yet 81 people are still in intensive care with 61 on a ventilator.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2021/09/28/truth-being-ignored-victoria-australia-records-867-new-covid-cases-375-in-hospital-and-95-of-those-hospitalized-are-vaccinated/

morekaos said:

I don't understand your line of thinking. The reason for you to get the polio shot is to help prevent you from getting polio. Same thing with measles. So you got those shots and you didn't get polio or measles, then the vaccines did their job. Then why aren't they called vaccines?

CalBears96 said:
morekaos said:

I don't understand your line of thinking. The reason for you to get the polio shot is to help prevent you from getting polio. Same thing with measles. So you got those shots and you didn't get polio or measles, then the vaccines did their job. Then why aren't they called vaccines?

Correct, people get a "vaccine" and they don't get the disease.  My family, for example, some got the "vaccine"  and some did not but vaccinated or not...everyone got Covid.  The vaccine did not stop anything.  That seems to be quite comon now.  Those other Vaccines prevented anyone who got one from getting infected...these don't. It shouldn't be called a "vaccine"...its a treatment.

morekaos said:
Well the numbers coming in make the message about vaccine effectiveness all the muddier....

Victoria Australia Records 867 New COVID Cases, 375 in Hospital and 95% of Those Hospitalized are Vaccinated
September 28, 2021

Health Minister Foley announced 867 new COVID cases recorded yesterday.  During the statistical outline Foley identifies 375 people as hospitalized, 81 people in intensive care and 61 people on a ventilator.  Then comes the statistic everyone in government and media ignore.  Amid the recorded cases ?78% of the hospital cases are fully vaccinated, and 17% are partially vaccinated (1 dose)??.

356 people out of 375 patients are vaccinated, yet 81 people are still in intensive care with 61 on a ventilator.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2021/09/28/truth-being-ignored-victoria-australia-records-867-new-covid-cases-375-in-hospital-and-95-of-those-hospitalized-are-vaccinated/

That was a couple weeks ago.

I'm really tired of hearing everything is the fault of unvaccinated people. These horrible people must be blamed for spreading the virus back to vaccinated otherwise how are those people ending up sick? Some are dead.

It's time to face up to reality. Vaccinated people are spreading this to other vaccinated people, probably neither of which wear a mask. Sure they can get this from unvaccinated as well but this is not an issue that is totally the fault of unvaccinated people.

I have my vaccines but I'm not going to trust that that alone is going to protect me from other people, vaccinated or not. Mask stays on and I don't go out to eat. No one wears a mask when they are eating.

Spinning a screw up. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-01/coronacheck-martin-foley-vaccination-gaffe/100504420

? A spokeswoman for Mr Foley confirmed to Fact Check, however, that 78 per cent of those in hospital were unvaccinated, while 17 per cent had received just one dose. That means a mere 5 per cent of hospitalised COVID-19 patients in Victoria were double-jabbed.?

It?s 95% none or only one jab.  Just like every where else, the unvaccinated are vast majority in the hospitals.

morekaos said:

September 28, 2021

Back