University of California

morekaos said:
And who are you citing? Each side seems to have their own ?facts?

What you cite is mostly misinformation. There is no such thing as "alternative facts," as you conservatives like to call it. Facts have NO sides.

Fact: 2 + 2 = 4
Conservatives' alternative fact: 2 + 2 = 5

Which are real world ?facts? ?you decide.  Most of what you are fed ( by all sides) are lies. ;D ;D >:D

CalBears96 said:
morekaos said:

What you cite is mostly misinformation. There is no such thing as "alternative facts," as you conservatives like to call it. Facts have NO sides.

?or defund the police = less crime?I love that alternative fact. Or get vaccinated = no masks and a return to normal. Or ?mostly? peaceful protests?or most of the homeless are just down on their luck and just need a helping hand and some empathy?.I could go on and on?
;D ;D >:D

@zubs,
I haven?t really expressed my position on pro or not on mandating the vaccine in this discussion. I just always have lots of questions. I think it?s a bit stretch to add the covid vaccine on the list of school requirement, but I don?t have power to change what the government decides to do and I?m not an expert on this matter as you well saw. I can still ask, right? Now that I hear from morekaos that USC requires flu vaccine for students, who knows what the heck is going on anymore?

morekaos said:
CalBears96 said:
morekaos said:

?or defund the police = less crime?I love that alternative fact. Or get vaccinated = no masks and a return to normal. Or ?mostly? peaceful protests?or most of the homeless are just down on their luck and just need a helping hand and some empathy?.I could go on and on?

Seems like you're confusing opinions with facts. That's what conservatives do. Muddle opinions with misinformation and call it facts.

"Defund the police = less crime" is an opinion, not a fact.
"Get vaccinated = no masks" would be fact if it weren't for all you anti-vaxxers standing in the way of herd immunity.

Seriously, learn the difference between opinions and facts, so that you stop getting "alternative facts".

Mety said:
@zubs,
I haven?t really expressed my position on pro or not on mandating the vaccine in this discussion. I just always have lots of questions. I think it?s a bit stretch to add the covid vaccine on the list of school requirement, but I don?t have power to change what the government decides to do and I?m not an expert on this matter as you well saw. I can still ask, right? Now that I hear from morekaos that USC requires flu vaccine for students, who knows what the heck is going on anymore?

I support the government mandating the covid19 vaccine because:
1. Covid19 kills @ a higher rate than influenza
2. The people we pay to study this crap said getting the vaccine > !getting vaccine

Why is adding the covid vaccine to the school vaccine requirements a stretch?

CalBears96 said:
morekaos said:
CalBears96 said:
morekaos said:

Seems like you're confusing opinions with facts. That's what conservatives do. Muddle opinions with misinformation and call it facts.

"Get vaccinated = no masks" would be fact if it weren't for all you anti-vaxxers standing in the way of herd immunity.

Seriously, learn the difference between opinions and facts, so that you stop getting "alternative facts".

Vaccines are 90% effective = vaccines are only 50% effective...opinion or fact? 
https://youtu.be/oeglesB0qDk

A year ago I was paying $2.90 for a gallon of gas = $6.00 a gallon gas...fact or just my opinion.  Numbers...just numbers.

Attachments

• gas1.jpg
    gas1.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 72
morekaos said:
A year ago I was paying $2.90 for a gallon of gas = $6.00 a gallon gas...fact or just my opinion.  Numbers...just numbers.

Except gas now is about $4.00. Stop lying.

Also, what does that have to do with anything? A year ago, demand was less because fewer people were driving. I mean, seriously. Stop using misinformation.

morekaos said:
CalBears96 said:
morekaos said:
CalBears96 said:
morekaos said:

Vaccines are 90% effective = vaccines are only 50% effective...opinion or fact? 
https://youtu.be/oeglesB0qDk

There you go again. Lying. Hospitals in a lot of US states have COVID patients, 95% of whom are unvaccinated.

CalBears96 said:
morekaos said:

Also, what does that have to do with anything? A year ago, demand was less because fewer people were driving. I mean, seriously. Stop using misinformation.

See..your opinion is its only $4.00. I actually took that picture last week from my car.  My "opinion" or is it now a "fact" is that Gas is much higher...Realsville ;D ;D >:D

Again...my fact, is that in my own family (2 vaccinated, 2 unvaccinated) that 100% got infected.  That means the vaccine was 0% effective.  And don't say it made things better because the vaccinated individuals had the worse symptoms and were the healthiest.  All in all it was a flu for us. The world will get to natural immunity all on its own (virus gotta virus) but the government will try to take credit.  I have said this all along...we are ALL going to get this and we will never be rid of it.  I for one am happy with my natural immunity...I will never wear a mask again. ;D ;D >:D

zubs said:
Mety said:
@zubs,

I support the government mandating the covid19 vaccine because:
1. Covid19 kills @ a higher rate than influenza
2. The people we pay to study this crap said getting the vaccine > !getting vaccine

Why is adding the covid vaccine to the school vaccine requirements a stretch?

I don't follow things just because the "experts" say so. It's like Stone Cold Steve Austin - "Because I said so." I ask questions and test before I put my trust in anything, not just on the vaccine.

Yes, Covid-19 killed many, but we're now having advanced technology and science to even make pills to cure covid. Why necessary to put it along the same category with things like hepatitis and potentially blocking many young students who might not prefer getting it? I mean, if covid was so severe on older people, they should have made it mandatory for older people. They left it open to choose for older folks while trying to mandate for kids as little as 5 now. It seems a bit strange to me. No, it's not a conspiracy theorist thinking. It's a logical thinking process for a human being. To me at least.

morekaos said:
CalBears96 said:
morekaos said:

See..your opinion is its only $4.00. I actually took that picture last week from my car.  My "opinion" or is it now a "fact" is that Gas is much higher...Realsville ;D ;D >:D

I can see now why no one takes you seriously.

Mety said:
I don't follow things just because the "experts" say so. It's like Stone Cold Steve Austin - "Because I said so." I ask questions and test before I put my trust in anything, not just on the vaccine.

Yes, Covid-19 killed many, but we're now having advanced technology and science to even make pills to cure covid. Why necessary to put it along the same category with things like hepatitis and potentially blocking many young students who might not prefer getting it? I mean, if covid was so severe on older people, they should have made it mandatory for older people. They left it open to choose for older folks while trying to mandate for kids as little as 5 now. It seems a bit strange to me. No, it's not a conspiracy theorist thinking. It's a logical thinking process for a human being. To me at least.

So basically, what you're saying is this: You don't follow things because the REAL experts say so, but you follow things when some random Youtuber or some random person on an internet forum says so. Gotcha. Seems like eyephone's assessment of you was correct.

So the new antiviral game charger pill causes the virus to wildly mutate itself into self destruction.  It requires a 5 day, twice a day, multiple pill regimen.

Holy shit, people can?t follow through a five day Zpac.

What happens when idiots do only one day, two days or skip half the doses?

Seriously do we not have all sorts of problems with antibiotics because of incomplete and over use?

CalBears96 said:
Mety said:

So basically, what you're saying is this: You don't follow things because the REAL experts say so, but you follow things when some random Youtuber or some random person on an internet forum says so. Gotcha. Seems like eyephone's assessment of you was correct.

That's how eyephone would analyze. And I get it that it's easy to think that way. But if you read really carefully what I'm posting, have I ever mentioned about some random person from Youtube about anything? I don't care if someone is REAL or NOT REAL expert. The information that person is putting out is delivered to me or us through various medias and we are responsible to question things before we accept it as truth. If you already did, then great. I'm still in the process and would like some patience for someone as slow as me also. I'm throwing counter questions to receive more convincing arguments from you, but so far most people just automatically label me as some Trump supporter or conspiracy theorist whenever I counter their arguments.

in an ideal world they would mandate vaccines for all.  but we live in the real world where there are limited legal mechanisms to do so.  you can't just make everyone over 65 get a vaccine.  but you can make vaccination a requirement for participation in state-funded activities like school.  don't blame me blame the founders.

people do the same thing with guns.  "if you really want to reduce gun violence you'd ban handguns not rifles!"  no doubt.  but some dudes in DC said banning handguns is unconstitutional.  so you do what you can.

fatduck said:
in an ideal world they would mandate vaccines for all. 

I might be in the minority but I am definitely against mandated vaccines. I chose to get vaccinated and I want that to remain a choice for people to make themselves

zovall said:
fatduck said:
in an ideal world they would mandate vaccines for all. 

I might be in the minority but I am definitely against mandated vaccines. I chose to get vaccinated and I want that to remain a choice for people to make themselves

Should people pay a hire insurance premium if they choose not to get vaccinated? Such as cigarette smokers. 

Why should we pay more for insurance? Because someone that decides not choose to get vaccinated has a greater chance of costing more for the plan.

Back