University of California

Mety said:
Very well said. So since they can?t make certain age group get vaccinated, they made ?k-12? group mandated. You know K-12 is pretty much all children at 5-17, right? Well 6-18 if you really want to get real technical, but you get the idea.

Also keep in mind that I never said we should mandate certain age groups. I only countered CalBears96?s research since his research shows 5-17 were the least infected yet they?re now facing the mandate.
Actually, I didn't say 5-17 are the least infected group. It's the 4th most infected group. As for the most infected group, 18-39, UC and Cal State systems issued vaccine mandate back in July. So basically, now they issue vaccine mandate for all public schools, with 5-17 being the last one.

CalBears96 said:
Mety said:
Very well said. So since they can?t make certain age group get vaccinated, they made ?k-12? group mandated. You know K-12 is pretty much all children at 5-17, right? Well 6-18 if you really want to get real technical, but you get the idea.

Also keep in mind that I never said we should mandate certain age groups. I only countered CalBears96?s research since his research shows 5-17 were the least infected yet they?re now facing the mandate.
Actually, I didn't say 5-17 are the least infected group. It's the 4th most infected group. As for the most infected group, 18-39, UC and Cal State systems issued vaccine mandate back in July. So basically, now they issue vaccine mandate for all public schools, with 5-17 being the last one.

5-17 were the least infected group from your 3 examples. UC and Cal State mandating is still questionable since they were not the most risked group either. But at least college kids are pretty much grown ups. They can decide on their own to leave or stay in schools that require being vaccinated. K-12 are not. They all sort of have to stay through school systems until they go to college and forcing them to be vaccinated is very questionable while more risked groups are not being forced as much. If you?re ok with some children being forced to leave public schools, then you?re probably fine with all these, but know there are also other people who are not ok and they?re not republicans.

Mety said:
5-17 were the least infected group from your 3 examples. UC and Cal State mandating is still questionable since they were not the most risked group either. But at least college kids are pretty much grown ups. They can decide on their own to leave or stay in schools that require being vaccinated. K-12 are not. They all sort of have to stay through school systems until they go to college and forcing them to be vaccinated is very questionable while more risked groups are not being forced as much. If you?re ok with some children being forced to leave public schools, then you?re probably fine with all these, but know there are also other people who are not ok and they?re not republicans.

So you're not okay with children being forced to take vaccines for measles, chickenpox, polio, etc., either? If you're okay with that, what's the difference here?

The difference is huge. Pfizer vaccine won't conclude clinical trials until 2023. Does the vaccine prevent you from getting the disease? Not 100%. Does the vaccine prevent you from transmitting the disease? Nope.

So it is not really anti vaccine more about taking a vaccine that is really not a vaccine and no long term study and history.

CalBears96 said:
Mety said:

So you're not okay with children being forced to take vaccines for measles, chickenpox, polio, etc., either? If you're okay with that, what's the difference here?

Didn?t some woman in LA just get run down in a cross walk again?

morekaos said:
Yes, making a decision based on odds.  Odds of dying from this are actually relatively low.  For children close to 0.  So...if we allow people to make their own decisions why care who gets the vaccine?  If you are vaccinated fine (you have saved yourself and are protected)  if one decides to risk the odds and not get vaccinated then he is taking his chances.  Who cares if he contracts it or even dies...his choice. We make similar risk reward choices every time we get in a car.  Never want to die in an auto accident?...don't get in one, its a sure thing.

nosuchreality said:
Didn?t some woman in LA just get run down in a cross walk again?

morekaos said:
Yes, making a decision based on odds.  Odds of dying from this are actually relatively low.  For children close to 0.  So...if we allow people to make their own decisions why care who gets the vaccine?  If you are vaccinated fine (you have saved yourself and are protected)  if one decides to risk the odds and not get vaccinated then he is taking his chances.  Who cares if he contracts it or even dies...his choice. We make similar risk reward choices every time we get in a car.  Never want to die in an auto accident?...don't get in one, its a sure thing.

That?s why I always Jaywalk. ;D ;D >:D

CalBears96 said:
Mety said:

Yeah, as others posted above, I think those other vaccines are the results from years of studies and proven to be accurate while Covid-19 vaccine is still in research and I would personally think it's risky to make it mandate especially on children. I think it's very different, but you might think otherwise.

Back