Toyota moving to Texas

Owner of a business I know incorporated in Nevada for the tax break, even his car has Nevada plates, but he lives in LA fulltime.

I should ask him why he doesn't move to Texas. :)

I told you this was happening several years ago....those same guys still have houses here in Huntington and Newport harbors but have saved Millions in taxes while still living here.  If the system was better balanced they would still be paying here but if you give people an out....they will take it.

morekaos said:
I can tell you for fact, those high incomes, that are able to operate off-site, are moving. I can tell you of several of my compadres, with $3-5 million of income, are simply switching offices to Las Vegas and Texas.  Buying houses there, putting up all the necessary sign posts that allow them to claim residence. Keeping their houses in Newport, Huntington and Long Beach, while skirting all the Cali taxes, and (really) still living here.  Money (like life) finds a way.
https://youtu.be/oijEsqT2QKQ

More obvious consequences when idiots are in charge of our state...the Boy King is clueless... ;D ;D >:D

Texas Is Now Home To More Fortune 500 Companies Than Any Other State, And I?m Not Surprised

Texas now leads the nation in the number of Fortune 500 companies that are headquartered in the state, it was revealed this week. As many as 53 highly profitable businesses?from Exxon Mobil to AT&T to the recently relocated Tesla and Hewlett Packard Enterprise?choose to hang their hat in the Lone Star State, beating New York and California.

This is no accident. As I like to say, money flows where it?s respected most. If that?s true, then we should continue to see Texas, which has among the most business-friendly policies in the U.S., take additional market share of corporate headquarters away from other states.

That?s precisely what it?s been doing in recent years, of course. In 2021, some 62 companies relocated their HQs to Texas from 17 states and three countries, according to the just-released Relo Tracker Report. California was the origin state to 25 of those companies, more than any other state, with Tesla being the biggest and most noteworthy.

A year before Tesla, it was Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE). The company nearly single-handedly established California?s Silicon Valley as a premiere global tech hub more than 80 years ago. HPE now resides in Spring, Texas, just north of Houston.

Software maker Oracle, co-founded in 1977 by now-multibillionaire Larry Ellison, also recently relocated from its former home on the San Francisco Bay to Austin.

So many people and businesses are relocating to Texas, in fact, that Verizon recently announced it was increasing capital spending in the state by an additional $97.9 million. Between January 2020 and April 2022, more than 200,000 Verizon customers moved to Texas, putting a strain on demand. Austin alone has seen a data traffic spike of 323% since the start of the pandemic.

The tax and regulatory environment in Texas is incredibly attractive. The state famously doesn?t levy an income tax on individuals or businesses. The drawback here is that Texas has among the highest property taxes in the nation, but when you consider that it has far fewer business regulations than most states, the savings balance out.

Finally, companies in Texas have access to some of the best infrastructure the nation has to offer, including roads, highways and seaports. The Port of Houston may not be the largest or busiest port in the U.S.?that title belongs to the Port of Los Angeles?but it tops all others in terms of tonnage. The port announced this month that it posted its busiest April on record, having moved a total of 334,493 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs).

U.S. Global Investors Is Proud To Operate In Texas
Besides Tesla, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Oracle, other big-name brands have recently made the move to the Lone Star State. Those include Charles Schwab, Pabst Brewing, real estate giant CBRE and plastics manufacturer Nissei America. A reimagined DeLorean company?maker of what became the iconic time machine in the Back to the Future film series?is also putting down stakes in U.S. Global Investors? hometown of San Antonio.

I?m thrilled by the news that Texas now has more Fortune 500 company headquarters than any other state, but it doesn?t surprise me in the least. I wouldn?t want to be anywhere else.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/greats...r-state-and-im-not-surprised/?sh=237c610b27d5

We so Rock it!!  So much better to have an influencer based economy..those real 1800 jobs can suck it!

Smithfield Foods to shutter its California meat-packing plant
Meat-packing giant Smithfield Foods says it will close its only California plant next year, citing the escalating cost of doing business in the state

VERNON, Calif. (AP) ? Meat-packing giant Smithfield Foods said Friday it will close its only California plant next year, citing the escalating cost of doing business in the state.

The Farmer John meat-packing plant in Vernon, an industrial suburb south of Los Angeles, will shut down in February, with its 1,800 employees receiving severance and job placement support along with bonuses for those who choose to stay on the job until the closure, said Jim Monroe, vice president of corporate affairs.

Monroe said operating costs in California are much higher than in other areas of the country, including taxes and the price of water, electricity and natural gas.

?Our utility costs in California are 3 1/2 times higher per head than our other locations where they do the same type of work,? he said.

https://www.capitalpress.com/ag_sectors/livestock/smithfield-foods-to-shutter-its-california-meat-packing-plant/article_539c6131-47b9-5f89-b474-0b4f9b663890.html#:~:text=Meat%2Dpacking%20giant%20Smithfield%20Foods,doing%20business%20in%20the%20state&text=A%20Smithfield%20Foods%20plant.,its%20only%20plant%20in%20California.

The California Court Company said:
I personally don?t like Texas?.I have been to Texas many times on business travel, and the overall terrain is boring?it is just flat and expansive. there is no natural landmark. California have beach and snowy mountains..not so much in Texas.

If you really want a big house and a more conservative state, Texas is for you. But CA does have pockets with relatively cheaper housing and local conservative gov?sure you cannot escape the sales and income tax, but I think thats a good trade-off.

There are only 4 good things about Texas....the BBQ, no state income, COTA, and my Porsche dealer.

USCTrojanCPA said:
I personally don?t like Texas?.I have been to Texas many times on business travel, and the overall terrain is boring?it is just flat and expansive. there is no natural landmark. California have beach and snowy mountains..not so much in Texas.

If you really want a big house and a more conservative state, Texas is for you. But CA does have pockets with relatively cheaper housing and local conservative gov?sure you cannot escape the sales and income tax, but I think thats a good trade-off.

There are only 4 good things about Texas....the BBQ, no state income, COTA, and my Porsche dealer.

You forgot the 5th good bonus, if you like hot sauna and your house is not need to equipt with one. Looking to have a sauna bath everyday, anytime when you walk outside during the summer. Me, I like sauna, but for women, they hated it. Mess-up hair, mess up make up and your clothes sticky as hell.

literally these days Texas is hotter at 2 AM than Irvine at 2 PM  :eek:

Compressed-Village said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

You forgot the 5th good bonus, if you like hot sauna and your house is not need to equipt with one. Looking to have a sauna bath everyday, anytime when you walk outside during the summer. Me, I like sauna, but for women, they hated it. Mess-up hair, mess up make up and your clothes sticky as hell.

Careful what you wish for?.

Get Me Out Of Here! Data Shows California Exodus Isn?t Subsiding, It?s Accelerating

?Only Illinois ranked worse off than the Golden State when it came to moving vans heading for the border during the pandemic, according to the report, which focused on data from the moving company United Van Lines. In 2018-19, 56% of moves in California were families fleeing the state. In 2020-21, that figure jumped to nearly 60%.

The state that was by far the biggest draw of California residents? It was Texas, the destination for more than 7,500 California families during the four years in the study, perhaps little surprise given that Silicon Valley?s tech giants like Oracle, Tesla and Hewlett Packard Enterprise picked up and moved their headquarters there too.?

In addition to Texas, guess what other states the data shows Californians fleeing to? You guessed it: Florida.

Ironically, the two states in the country with the highest incidence rates of abandonment also have two governors being talked about as potential presidential candidates for the Democratic Party: Newsom and the equally annoying and incompetent J.B. Pritzker of Illinois. Such is the state of the Democrats.The reasons for the California exodus couldn?t be clearer. As crime and homelessness are turning the state into a hellhole for residents, Newsom is focused on social equity. As state spending and taxation skyrocket, Newsom wants to spend more money to become the nation?s leader in abortions. And as the rest of the country has finally recognized the reality of COVID?s politicization, Newsom wants to keep hammering away at vaccine mandates and scaring his citizens.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/07...eding-residents-how-long-will-the-trend-last/

Just gets better and better in the Sunshine State?.

Sacramento's homeless population soars by 67% in three years and is now HIGHER than San Francisco while robbery rockets 42% and rapes nearly double amid drug taking epidemic
?        Sacramento has a little over 5,000 homeless in the city limits living in vehicles and tents. That's slightly higher than the 4,400 in San Francisco
?        However, the number becomes more stark when factoring in the city's population numbers - only 525,000 people live in Sacramento versus San Francisco's 874,000
?        Local Democrats blame the surge on a lack of affordable housing, but other experts say it's down to drugs
?        Sacramento DA Anne Marie Schubert says the problem is on drug abuse and a mental health crisis
?        She is running as an independent for California Attorney General 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...r-San-Fran-activists-blame-surging-rents.html

Hot here too but I'm pretty happy with my move. Got a full month electric bill with the a/c never turned off. (Must have decent insulation because it doesn't kick on that much and I'm comfy cool with not any windows covered by more than a sheet and the entire rear of the house which gets the heat of the day not covered at all). $120. Used 50% more mwh than I did in my last place mid feb to mid march (last month we were in our house the entire time) and my bill was $170 without a day of a/c........ $120 for 50% more mwh at $170.

Something should be done about the prices people are charged in cali.

Ready2Downsize said:
Hot here too but I'm pretty happy with my move. Got a full month electric bill with the a/c never turned off. (Must have decent insulation because it doesn't kick on that much and I'm comfy cool with not any windows covered by more than a sheet and the entire rear of the house which gets the heat of the day not covered at all). $120. Used 50% more mwh than I did in my last place mid feb to mid march (last month we were in our house the entire time) and my bill was $170 without a day of a/c........ $120 for 50% more mwh at $170.

You don't have solar?  My dad's electric bill in Vegas with a pool and a 4kW solar system in the summer is $120-$140 with the AC on 24/7.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Ready2Downsize said:

You don't have solar?  My dad's electric bill in Vegas with a pool and a 4kW solar system in the summer is $120-$140 with the AC on 24/7.

Nope. Price for megawatts per hour is half of what I was paying in Cali. I don't have any time tier restrictions either. I have no pool but no one heats their pools here anyway. They have to have some shade actually or most people find the water too warm for their liking in the summer. My daughter's pool was perfect last weekend, no heater.

This is why there is less solar and EVs here. The cost of energy is cheaper even being much hotter.

Could change if the price of energy goes up here. If oil breaks 105 and heads higher probably gas going back up. :(

One of the reasons it's gotten hotter here is there are a lot more roads and the sun reflects off the pavement. I think there is a company working on a product that would make streets 10 degrees cooler. In the meantime, that is reducing the moisture from monsoons which brings the temp down. Kind of a loop.

so under 2,000 families per year are moving to Texas, out of 20,000,000 CA families?

morekaos said:
The state that was by far the biggest draw of California residents? It was Texas, the destination for more than 7,500 California families during the four years in the study,

Those families, several corporations, all their tax revenue and a congressional seat all moved together? ;D ;D >:D

how many are having buyer remorse with heat index 110 degrees while Irvine is 25 to 30 degrees cooler right now? 

freedomcm said:
so under 2,000 families per year are moving to Texas, out of 20,000,000 CA families?

morekaos said:
The state that was by far the biggest draw of California residents? It was Texas, the destination for more than 7,500 California families during the four years in the study,

Back