Toyota moving to Texas

Oh I will stipulate that illegal immigration overwhelms that out-migration number but they won't pay taxes.  The outmigration is established, significant tax paying producers who are fleeing this state.  Like the two just on my street did last month.  This bloated government will not have the funds to import abortion wanna be's from other states soon.  Pretzel logic and nuance the numbers all you want...the trend is disastrous and not abating any time soon.

Liar Loan said:
California is back to 2016 population levels and all IHO can say is "no big deal"  LOL!!

Yep. The less crowded the better.

Maybe housing prices can drop because we know how newly concerned you are about first time homebuyers.

irvinehomeowner said:
Liar Loan said:
California is back to 2016 population levels and all IHO can say is "no big deal"  LOL!!

Maybe housing prices can drop because we know how newly concerned you are about first time homebuyers.

But fewer people equates to fewer tax payers and lower tax revenues from falling RE prices and sales taxes to fund the current bloated bureaucracy.  How do you think they will make up for that shortfall?....

morekaos said:
But fewer people equates to fewer tax payers and lower tax revenues from falling RE prices and sales taxes to fund the current bloated bureaucracy.  How do you think they will make up for that shortfall?....

Nature abhors a vacuum.

irvinehomeowner said:
Liar Loan said:

I'm fine with less crowding and lower home prices.  Sounds like a win-win for everybody except those buying at the peak.

irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:

Nature abhors a vacuum.

But that vacuum will be sucking more money out of the wallets of those of us who are left.  I don't mind paying taxes as long as it is being spent responsibly...this government has never done that so this portends higher taxes for you and me...is that desirable?

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:

Nature abhors a vacuum.

But that vacuum will be sucking more money out of the wallets of those of us who are left.  I don't mind paying taxes as long as it is being spent responsibly...this government has never done that so this portends higher taxes for you and me...is that desirable?

That's not what my response means but I'm too tired to moresplain.

Doesn't matter though right? Nothing we can do and we will forget about this next week.

On to the next news cycle!

Oh yes I agree...this will cycle through collapse and re-directions...won't be fun but it is what it is... ;D ;D >:D

Growing and thriving while we rot on the vine....

Americans flocked to these 10 cities last year ? and none are in New York or California

Here are the country?s top 10 moving destinations for 2021, according to Penske?s report:

Houston
Las Vegas
Phoenix
Charlotte, North Carolina (which hasn?t ranked in the top 10 since 2017)
Denver
San Antonio
Dallas
Orlando, Florida
Austin, Texas
Chicago (which hasn?t ranked in the top 10 since 2015)
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/08/the...rce=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

Several physicians in training have recently told me that Texas is now not on their match list, due to the repressive political environment.

I wonder if the South is going to become a medically underserved area?

It is actually better for Texas not having these woke doctors any way...I would not trust those who doesn't appreciate life and natural biology with my health any way.

freedomcm said:
Several physicians in training have recently told me that Texas is now not on their match list, due to the repressive political environment.

Yah, it means we keep wokesters like this and that does not bode well for those of us who are left...

Wake Forest medical student boasted about abusing patient over pronoun dis

A fourth-year medical student at Wake Forest University in North Carolina posted online that she intentionally stuck a patient with a needle twice during a blood draw after he disparaged her use of specific pronouns.

Kychelle Del Rosario vented about the incident in a now-deleted tweet in which she said, ?I had a patient I was doing a blood draw on see my pronoun pin and loudly laugh to the staff, 'She/Her? Well of course it is! What other pronouns even are there? It?' I missed his vein so he had to get stuck twice.?
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...oasted-about-abusing-patient-over-pronoun-dis

freedomcm said:

Poor areas have always been the most underserved.  With so much wealth flowing into Texas, the cities where Californians are relocating should be just fine.

freedomcm said:

Many Southern states are already suffering from inadequate access to healthcare.

Alabama, Georgia, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas and Tennessee have about 75% of the US hospital closures. These states chose not to expand Medicaid programs under the Affordable Care Act. Medicaid is vital to keeping rural hospitals open.

Texas has an extreme physician shortage problem, especially in rural areas.

More than one-fifth of Texas? 254 counties have only one doctor or none at all. Of the state?s 158 remaining rural hospitals, just 66 deliver babies. More than half of Texas counties have no OB-GYN.

Sadly, less than 1% of medical students in their final year of school want to live in communities under 10,000.

So there's no reversal coming anytime soon.

irvinehomeowner said:
So move to Texas but just don't get sick.

Go morekaos... go!!!

seriously - what Californian with the discretionary choice to cash out and move is going to a BFE TX town? They're headed to Highland Park or Lake Austin or Paradise Valley where good MD coverage is plentiful. Personally I could never live in TX or AZ as the weather sucks and there is no ocean or good mtns in winter to compensate for the crappy weather times of the year but I understand the desire to pay less in taxes.

Even those that are moving due to CA unaffordability will target the metro areas. Heck - Houston for a long time has been a sweet spot of major corp employment and very low housing prices, but the weather blows.

I personally don?t like Texas?.I have been to Texas many times on business travel, and the overall terrain is boring?it is just flat and expansive. there is no natural landmark. California have beach and snowy mountains..not so much in Texas.

If you really want a big house and a more conservative state, Texas is for you. But CA does have pockets with relatively cheaper housing and local conservative gov?sure you cannot escape the sales and income tax, but I think thats a good trade-off.

Back