Toyota moving to Texas

Won't be long when people start to steal gas from parked vehicles....
morekaos said:
This is actually becoming the norm...we are taking up a motion to hire private security in our area paid for by the residents...thanks Mayor Garcia and Gov. Nuisance for making California such a friendly place...for criminals and vagrants....We're #1!!!

San Francisco residents are hiring private security to patrol their streets in bid to stay safe, amid crime spike that has left many fearful of going outside during the DAY
More than 150 families have hired private patrol officers to monitor their San Francisco neighborhoods as the city see a rash in property crimes
Marina District resident Katie Lyons, who is among those who hired patrol, says she and her neighbors 'don't feel safe'
She shared that she doesn't walk alone at night, and is now growing increasingly worried about her safety even during daylight hours
Officer Alan Byard, who was hired to patrol the area, says his client base has nearly doubled amid the city's crime surge and coronavirus outbreak
Byard was hired after repeated instances of car break-ins and home burglaries
Over 15,000 auto burglaries have been reported in San Francisco this year, but 2021 is on track to fall below the nearly 26,000 auto burglaries reported in 2019

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10128485/San-Francisco-families-hiring-PRIVATE-SECURITY-patrol-streets-amid-crime-spike.html

How does one steal gas from a Tesla - about all I see in Irvine today? Asking for a friend ....

The OC thing to boost are catalytic converters.  Practically one clipped per day in Lake Forest if you follow crime reports on Nextdoor or your Ring info.

The world needs more Irvines - SF has deteriorated into something almost unrecognizable. We used to think it would be cool to have a small condo there in retirement - hard pass now.

This would be a real loss...I wouldn't blame Lynsi though..

Top Florida Official Pleads With In-N-Out to Move After Vaccine Mandate Closures

Florida?s Chief Financial Officer, Jimmy Patronis, suggested that In-N-Out Burger should move to the Sunshine State after several In-N-Out locations were shut down by California officials.

Patronis appealed to In-N-Out CEO Lunsi Snyder to move to the state, arguing that Florida has a superior business climate?noting the state has no personal income tax, low corporate taxes, and no mandates.

?I?m writing you today not only as Florida?s Chief Financial Officer, but as a small business owner who grew up in a family-owned restaurant and worked there for more than 30 years,? his letter reads. ?I know how hard it is to turn a profit and make payroll on a good day, let alone when your own government is working to crush your business with absurd mandates. Once I heard the news of your shutdown for refusing to act as ?vaccine police,? I knew I had to reach out immediately.?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/top-florida-official-pleads-with-in-n-out-to-move-after-vaccine-mandate-closures_4071753.html?utm_source=Morningbrief&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-10-28&mktids=990c9c6945d7eda7f1ee8df3d3a328a1&est=o7xRlCkp3MyjUCN89BOMwCsYzr0WM7YOzgEpI5O0ViZ8c68rUFZiCS0BTe7woEo%3D

morekaos said:

Top Florida Official Pleads With In-N-Out to Move After Vaccine Mandate Closures

I think Texas would be a more likely landing spot since they already have restaurants there.  One problem though is In-N-Out's image is tied to an idealized version of California car culture, palm trees, and hot rods.  It might hurt their branding to leave the state.

Liar Loan said:
morekaos said:

I think Texas would be a more likely landing spot since they already have restaurants there.  One problem though is In-N-Out's image is tied to an idealized version of California car culture, palm trees, and hot rods.  It might hurt their branding to leave the state.

If they leave. Just a reminder there are many food corporation hq based in California. That would probably offer the employees jobs.

To name a few restaurants that are based in California:

Jack in the box
Chipotle
Taco Bell corp
El pollo loco
Fat brand
Claim Jumpers
BJ?s restaurant
The Cheesecake Factory

*there are options IF the burger chain leaves

Also, it was just closing the dine in area and only serving drive thru for a few locations. From what I read in the news.

Tbh: it might Possibly more profitable to do drive thru only. (Hypothetically they do not have to staff for a full restaurant) For example I ?heard? of another restaurant only doing drive thru only due to work shortage or other reasons.

So I think is not a big deal since most people drive. (nothing burger)

This is what I mean by drain of tax revenues, these are our most productive, established  members and they are taking their tax revenue with them to cheaper states...alas, imbedded policymakers are too stupid to realize this and change course...leavening those of us who are left to shoulder the burden...

Citizens Continue to Exit High-Tax U.S. States

The data shows that certain states continue to alienate their own tax bases with punitively high taxes and uncompetitive business tax environments. High-tax states are losing taxpayers at an alarming rate, while states that tax their residents less aggressively are benefiting from their fellow states? loss.

The five states that lost the most taxpayers are not exactly known for fiscal restraint. New York, California, Illinois, New Jersey, and Massachusetts lost, on net, 219,937 taxpayers and over $28 billion in adjusted gross income (AGI). On average, these states have a state-local effective tax rate of 11.8 percent.

The five states that gained the most taxpayers, on the other hand, are all low-tax states ? in fact, three of the five have no state income tax. Florida, Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, and Washington state gained, on net, 194,340 taxpayers and $28.9 billion in AGI, all while averaging a state-local effective tax rate of just 8.96 percent. Unsurprisingly, Florida is the big winner here, adding $17.5 billion in AGI to its tax base alone.

But this phenomenon of taxpayers fleeing states that treat them like boundless sources of tax revenue is nothing new, and high-tax states aren?t learning their lessons anytime soon. Since the tax years covered by this data, New Jersey and New York have passed major income tax increases, while the other three states that lost the most taxpayers are seriously considering doing the same.

And even with never-ending tax increases, many of these states are in dire fiscal straits. Illinois, New Jersey, and Massachusetts stand out for their poor fiscal outlook due to debt and unfunded pension liabilities.

https://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2021/12/01/citizens_continue_to_exit_high-tax_us_states_805797.html

Overall, the adjusted gross income (AGI) average for returns identified as nonmigrant was higher ($88,420) than for returns classified as migrant ($69,878).

Can't deny the trend...

The Texas vs. California Challenge

Leaving California for Texas is such a conformist thing to do these days, but I did for a short vacation to America. In Houston, I went into an H.E.B. and was talking about California to someone who was giving away free samples of beef ? having conversations with random people is a huge difference from LA ? and I had to reassure the guy I was going home. He seemed relieved. I?ve been coming to Texas intermittently for about 30 years, and it?s never seemed more crowded. The place is packed ? the roads, the stores, the airport. Back home in LA, it?s empty and depressing as the pols elected by the brigades of frigid Santa Monica wine moms who seem to run everything panic ever-harder over a disease that appears to be less virulent than the regular flu.

Here in Texas, people are happy, chipper, and armed.
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2021/12/27/the-texas-vs-california-challenge-n2601075

Attachments

• calitex.jpg
    calitex.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 61
We're #1!  We're#1...We rock!!  Thanks Governor Nuisance and George Gascon!!  We couldn't have done it without you!!

Not enough U-Haul trucks for fleeing Californians in 2021 amid ongoing blue-to-red fligh
t: report
Red states are top 5 gainers in U-Haul Growth Index signaling migration trends by measuring net difference between one-way entries and exits of the company's rental trucks for each state.

A new report released Monday revealed California saw the greatest net loss in U-Haul migration in 2021, the second consecutive year the Golden State ranked 50th in the nation for U-Haul one-way migration.

The U-Haul Growth Index, an annual report that determines growth by calculating the net gain of one-way U-Haul trucks entering a state versus leaving in a calendar year, found that California had the largest net losses in one-way U-Haul trucks in 2021, followed by Illinois in 49th place.

According to the report, California remained the top state for out-migration in 2021, but its net loss of U-Haul trucks "wasn?t as severe as 2020." Analysts believe this is partly because U-Haul "ran out of inventory to meet customer demand for outbound equipment."

Texas took the top spot for growth in 2021, followed closely by Florida. According to the report, "arrivals made up 50.2% of all one-way U-Haul traffic" last year in the Lone Star state. The five biggest gainers were all red states, with Tennessee, South Carolina and Arizona rounding out the top five behind the Lone Star and Sunshine states.
https://justthenews.com/nation/stat...emand-outgoing-californians-2021-report-finds

morekaos said:
We're #1!  We're#1...We rock!!  Thanks Governor Nuisance and George Gascon!!  We couldn't have done it without you!!

Not enough U-Haul trucks for fleeing Californians in 2021 amid ongoing blue-to-red fligh
Red states are top 5 gainers in U-Haul Growth Index signaling migration trends by measuring net difference between one-way entries and exits of the company's rental trucks for each state.

A new report released Monday revealed California saw the greatest net loss in U-Haul migration in 2021, the second consecutive year the Golden State ranked 50th in the nation for U-Haul one-way migration.

The U-Haul Growth Index, an annual report that determines growth by calculating the net gain of one-way U-Haul trucks entering a state versus leaving in a calendar year, found that California had the largest net losses in one-way U-Haul trucks in 2021, followed by Illinois in 49th place.

According to the report, California remained the top state for out-migration in 2021, but its net loss of U-Haul trucks "wasn?t as severe as 2020." Analysts believe this is partly because U-Haul "ran out of inventory to meet customer demand for outbound equipment."

Texas took the top spot for growth in 2021, followed closely by Florida. According to the report, "arrivals made up 50.2% of all one-way U-Haul traffic" last year in the Lone Star state. The five biggest gainers were all red states, with Tennessee, South Carolina and Arizona rounding out the top five behind the Lone Star and Sunshine states.
https://justthenews.com/nation/stat...emand-outgoing-californians-2021-report-finds

Haven't checked in a while but last time I did, it costs $1300 for a one way UHaul to the zip I'm moving to in AZ and $200 from there to here one way. One way rentals include enough mileage to get u to the destination plus some extra.

It's literally cheaper to rent it there, drive it here empty, pay gas both ways at ridiculous CA prices, pay the extra mileage for a one way drive and drive it back to AZ to a closer zip code. (can't return a one way rental to the same zip code).

But allegedly you in California. (or maybe another country)
You complain, but you still here.

morekaos said:

eyephone said:
But allegedly you in California. (or maybe another country)
You complain, but you still here.

morekaos said:

1) Because I can afford to be here (was born and raised here, how about you?) 2) I hope against hope that things will change for the better. (so far been disappointed).

Back