Toyota moving to Texas

Ready2Downsize said:
The California Court Company said:
honestly if you can afford to live in affluent suburban areas like Irvine, those issues in downtown LA/SF do not affect you...yet. QoL in Orange County is that much better than Texas, no one is arguing that. But circumstances do exist, and for people who are less fortunate, moving out of CA will be a better choice.

This could happen anywhere in any state but irvine is not as crime free as you think it is.

I know for a fact that the cvs's in irvine are routinely robbed of whatever thieves can get. They hit in any time day or night but especially right after the pharmacy staff leaves, leaving only two employees in the entire store..... TWO, one of which is responsible for manning the register (trying to get people's coupons to work), helping the self checkout customers (which cvs wants open at all times) who always have issues with coupons not scanning or requiring over rides for age related cough meds or alcohol which requires a trip to the register, helping customers locate items, watching the cameras in the front of the store which means they are watching people in the aisles (stealing), unlocking items locked up (which includes toothpaste that sells for $4 and is free after extra bucks but frequently stolen), stocking and straightening up. And where is the second person? Usually counting money trying to get the store closed on time.

WHY cvs doesn't give them more than two people I do not know but it's all the stores in the area (not in AZ. We have 3-4 at closing and hardly anyone shopping).

I've seen huge bags of items that were recovered as the people fled and bags broke as they ran out. I've seen them clear make up shelves faster than u can blink. I've seen gypsies come in creating scenes with lots of kids running wildly all over the the store, leaving a five year old to watch a baby in a bassinet. So distracting and u want to say what is going on with this baby here, where are those PARENTS? and then it dawns on you the store is being robbed. CVS employees know of course but they are busy at the register with someone who can't find a coupon and then says they got the wrong size ice and the employee has to leave the register to get it. When she gets back, the person says oh, I forgot my credit card and the gypsies are gone. You don't even see the gypsies leave because they were suddenly quiet and your attention turned to another commotion and the person at the register pitching a fit with their kid and they leave too.

Quail Hill Cvs put portable display carts to block the exit at aisles (which i bet is a fire hazard) they had so many things stolen. One day I was checking out and some very nice dressed young guy knocked one over trying to get out (near the makeup). Says..... oh so sorry! Walks out calmly. I tell the employee checking me out, what is that guy doing in the makeup area? Maybe he stole something. She says oh probably. Calls the manager cuz they are the only ones there on a Saturday afternoon. He checks and yup............ an entire section was cleaned out and he is gone, no one suspecting a well dressed guy and never would have been noticed if he hadn't knocked over that display trying to get out.

CVS near the 99 Ranch store in Deerfield had a good idea someone they were watching went in the bathroom and wouldn't come out after half an hour. She finally ran out but left all her goodies in the bottom of the trash can under the liner cuz she knew she was probably caught. They think she managed to get some stuff anyway but they let her run.

Lots of times u walk in and no one even AT the register. They just expect you'll use the self checkout and plenty of people do that except they just walk in, steal and walk out skiping the self checkout.

How would I know this KEEPS happening (maybe not those exact scenarios but repeated shoplifting)? Because the employees tell me. I've shopped those stores for years and they know me from all my coupon shopping. Guess what was stolen today they say when I get to the register? And they show me the cart of recovered items. And what do they do? Take inventory of what was recovered. File a police report (tomorrow if it's late). Why not call the police right away? Thieves are gone and the police do nothing other than take a report and it's counted as a misdemeanor. CVS doesn't want people thinking there is a crime problem so they aren't all that interested in making it known anyway for fear of customers avoiding the store.

This is one reason u can't depend on finding something that cvs website is in stock there. I complain I checked the website and it says u have it, so can u please check in the back? They do and always the same answer in the end......... probably stolen. We can't update it if we don't know it was stolen, sorry.

Think it's only cvs? Nope. I've seen thieves run out with entire carts of booze and meat all in their own bags (cuz in Cali u have to pay for bags so no one thinks twice about someone dressed nicely putting booze in carry bags). I've seen women throw packages of meat in their purse at the Pavilions. By the time I got to the register, they were gone. Was pavilions employee going to run after them? Nope. Just shrugged their shoulders.

My daughter worked at Kohls on Jeffrey when she was in college. Rampant shoplifting there and this was well over a decade ago. They had two loss prevention people who were to watch the cameras who worked 40 hours a week (and one quit, leaving only one). Think Kohls is only open 80 hours a week? LOL! They were told, do not even run after them. Just get a description and we'll file a report.

One day, thieves cut the cable to the ipad for the IHUB at cvs on walnut and stole that in the daytime! Caught? Nope. They noticed when someone asked where is the checkin thingee?

Almost no one is caught so only a report is taken and it's counted as a misdemeanor folks.

Could happen anywhere but it's gone up bigly in CA after limit was raised for felonies to $950 and now no bail because that discriminates against low income people who are just trying to make a living, so come on! But who is paying for all of that? We r with higher prices and time wasted in getting an employee to unlock the case to buy a dang tube of toothpaste that is free after extra bucks.

And it doesn't stop with shoplifting. I've seen plenty of people return things without a receipt rant they have to show ID and walk out and yell at the cashier like it's their fault.

End of rant. Just don't think u r as "safe" as u think.

crimes aside, Irvine is so congested...so many red lights, so many cars on the road even on a Saturday afternoon. Glad I don't live here any more.

Ready2Downsize said:
Ready2Downsize said:
The California Court Company said:
honestly if you can afford to live in affluent suburban areas like Irvine, those issues in downtown LA/SF do not affect you...yet. QoL in Orange County is that much better than Texas, no one is arguing that. But circumstances do exist, and for people who are less fortunate, moving out of CA will be a better choice.

This could happen anywhere in any state but irvine is not as crime free as you think it is.

I know for a fact that the cvs's in irvine are routinely robbed of whatever thieves can get. They hit in any time day or night but especially right after the pharmacy staff leaves, leaving only two employees in the entire store..... TWO, one of which is responsible for manning the register (trying to get people's coupons to work), helping the self checkout customers (which cvs wants open at all times) who always have issues with coupons not scanning or requiring over rides for age related cough meds or alcohol which requires a trip to the register, helping customers locate items, watching the cameras in the front of the store which means they are watching people in the aisles (stealing), unlocking items locked up (which includes toothpaste that sells for $4 and is free after extra bucks but frequently stolen), stocking and straightening up. And where is the second person? Usually counting money trying to get the store closed on time.

WHY cvs doesn't give them more than two people I do not know but it's all the stores in the area (not in AZ. We have 3-4 at closing and hardly anyone shopping).

I've seen huge bags of items that were recovered as the people fled and bags broke as they ran out. I've seen them clear make up shelves faster than u can blink. I've seen gypsies come in creating scenes with lots of kids running wildly all over the the store, leaving a five year old to watch a baby in a bassinet. So distracting and u want to say what is going on with this baby here, where are those PARENTS? and then it dawns on you the store is being robbed. CVS employees know of course but they are busy at the register with someone who can't find a coupon and then says they got the wrong size ice and the employee has to leave the register to get it. When she gets back, the person says oh, I forgot my credit card and the gypsies are gone. You don't even see the gypsies leave because they were suddenly quiet and your attention turned to another commotion and the person at the register pitching a fit with their kid and they leave too.

Quail Hill Cvs put portable display carts to block the exit at aisles (which i bet is a fire hazard) they had so many things stolen. One day I was checking out and some very nice dressed young guy knocked one over trying to get out (near the makeup). Says..... oh so sorry! Walks out calmly. I tell the employee checking me out, what is that guy doing in the makeup area? Maybe he stole something. She says oh probably. Calls the manager cuz they are the only ones there on a Saturday afternoon. He checks and yup............ an entire section was cleaned out and he is gone, no one suspecting a well dressed guy and never would have been noticed if he hadn't knocked over that display trying to get out.

CVS near the 99 Ranch store in Deerfield had a good idea someone they were watching went in the bathroom and wouldn't come out after half an hour. She finally ran out but left all her goodies in the bottom of the trash can under the liner cuz she knew she was probably caught. They think she managed to get some stuff anyway but they let her run.

Lots of times u walk in and no one even AT the register. They just expect you'll use the self checkout and plenty of people do that except they just walk in, steal and walk out skiping the self checkout.

How would I know this KEEPS happening (maybe not those exact scenarios but repeated shoplifting)? Because the employees tell me. I've shopped those stores for years and they know me from all my coupon shopping. Guess what was stolen today they say when I get to the register? And they show me the cart of recovered items. And what do they do? Take inventory of what was recovered. File a police report (tomorrow if it's late). Why not call the police right away? Thieves are gone and the police do nothing other than take a report and it's counted as a misdemeanor. CVS doesn't want people thinking there is a crime problem so they aren't all that interested in making it known anyway for fear of customers avoiding the store.

This is one reason u can't depend on finding something that cvs website is in stock there. I complain I checked the website and it says u have it, so can u please check in the back? They do and always the same answer in the end......... probably stolen. We can't update it if we don't know it was stolen, sorry.

Think it's only cvs? Nope. I've seen thieves run out with entire carts of booze and meat all in their own bags (cuz in Cali u have to pay for bags so no one thinks twice about someone dressed nicely putting booze in carry bags). I've seen women throw packages of meat in their purse at the Pavilions. By the time I got to the register, they were gone. Was pavilions employee going to run after them? Nope. Just shrugged their shoulders.

My daughter worked at Kohls on Jeffrey when she was in college. Rampant shoplifting there and this was well over a decade ago. They had two loss prevention people who were to watch the cameras who worked 40 hours a week (and one quit, leaving only one). Think Kohls is only open 80 hours a week? LOL! They were told, do not even run after them. Just get a description and we'll file a report.

One day, thieves cut the cable to the ipad for the IHUB at cvs on walnut and stole that in the daytime! Caught? Nope. They noticed when someone asked where is the checkin thingee?

Almost no one is caught so only a report is taken and it's counted as a misdemeanor folks.

Could happen anywhere but it's gone up bigly in CA after limit was raised for felonies to $950 and now no bail because that discriminates against low income people who are just trying to make a living, so come on! But who is paying for all of that? We r with higher prices and time wasted in getting an employee to unlock the case to buy a dang tube of toothpaste that is free after extra bucks.

And it doesn't stop with shoplifting. I've seen plenty of people return things without a receipt rant they have to show ID and walk out and yell at the cashier like it's their fault.

End of rant. Just don't think u r as "safe" as u think.

My relatives in new suburbs of Phoenix complain about the CVS robberies there.

My relatives in Fort Lauderdale complain about the CVS robberies there.

My relatives in affluent suburbs of  Minneapolis complain about the CVS robberies there.

My friend in Austin complains about it there.

If not CVS, it's a cart full of stuff from TJ Maxx or Target or Home and Decor.

They come in, the load their stuff and just walk right out the door.  They don't hassle with distractions, they walk out the door because the stores have policies to not stop them and they know it.

Not only do they not stop them, they don't confront them, they will not even all the Police to file a report.

This state is doomed…,🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

San Francisco Spends $1.7 Million On A Single Toilet​

The Recreation and Parks Department and Department of Public Works said the generally high price of San Francisco construction is partly responsible for the toilet’s high price tag, with recent increasing building costs partly spurred by global supply chain problems contributing, Knight reported. The toilet’s yet-to-be completed architectural design will be opened to community response and examined by the Arts Commission’s Civic Design Review committee before the Recreation and Parks Commission and the Board of Supervisors review the project.

The departments’ statement noted that Public Works’ cost estimates “don’t just reflect the price of erecting structure,” according to Knight.

A city statement called $1.7 million an “extremely rough” price projection, preparing for possible complications including “the onerous demands and unpredictable costs” brought forward by the Pacific Gas and Electric Co., which San Francisco has accused of slowing projects and spurring price increases.

This state is doomed…,🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

San Francisco Spends $1.7 Million On A Single Toilet​

The Recreation and Parks Department and Department of Public Works said the generally high price of San Francisco construction is partly responsible for the toilet’s high price tag, with recent increasing building costs partly spurred by global supply chain problems contributing, Knight reported. The toilet’s yet-to-be completed architectural design will be opened to community response and examined by the Arts Commission’s Civic Design Review committee before the Recreation and Parks Commission and the Board of Supervisors review the project.

The departments’ statement noted that Public Works’ cost estimates “don’t just reflect the price of erecting structure,” according to Knight.

A city statement called $1.7 million an “extremely rough” price projection, preparing for possible complications including “the onerous demands and unpredictable costs” brought forward by the Pacific Gas and Electric Co., which San Francisco has accused of slowing projects and spurring price increases.

Good fun with this on the local news yesterday. Why anone would actually live in SF has always escaped me the whole time I've lived in the Bay area.

Good fun with this on the local news yesterday. Why anone would actually live in SF has always escaped me the whole time I've lived in the Bay area.
no wonder homeless is an issue in SF; if one toilet costs $1.7 million in SF you needs to be a multi-billionaire to afford SF. It is way out of league for people who can only afford Irvine.

My relatives in new suburbs of Phoenix complain about the CVS robberies there.

My relatives in Fort Lauderdale complain about the CVS robberies there.

My relatives in affluent suburbs of Minneapolis complain about the CVS robberies there.

My friend in Austin complains about it there.

If not CVS, it's a cart full of stuff from TJ Maxx or Target or Home and Decor.

They come in, the load their stuff and just walk right out the door. They don't hassle with distractions, they walk out the door because the stores have policies to not stop them and they know it.

Not only do they not stop them, they don't confront them, they will not even all the Police to file a report.

"The drug store chain said Thursday that the closures will result in a retail presence that ensures it has the "right kinds of stores in the right locations for consumers and for the business." A list of locations shutting down, which will happen beginning next spring, was not immediately released."

CVS will be closing troublesome and less profitable locations.

Doesn’t everyone want to live here?….the weather!!

San Francisco mayor blasts Elon Musk​

Breed, who has lamented the adverse economic impact of remote work on her city, has expressed frustration with tech CEOs for promoting the narrative that the Bay Area was a crime-infested hellhole full of drugs and homeless people.

When asked about Musk’s frequent criticism of Democrat-run states and cities, Breed replied sarcastically: “You mean the person who got a ton of tax breaks in California and decided to take that money and run?”

Last year, Musk relocated the headquarters of his electric car company, Tesla, to Austin, Texas. It had previously been headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif.

But Musk was in no mood for nostalgia. Upon announcing his decision to move to Texas, he said: “California used to be the land of opportunity. Now it has become and is becoming more so the land of overregulation, overlitigation, overtaxation and scorn.”

Breed, a Democrat, also called out San Francisco tenant Marc Benioff’s Salesforce, the city’s largest private employer and owner of its tallest office tower.

Breed told Bloomberg News she has tried to persuade Benioff, a billionaire and native San Franciscan, to bring his charges back into the office.

“He’s very supportive of the city, continues to contribute that support to schools and to other great causes, but the building is empty, and that’s a real problem,” Breed said of Benioff.

“Ultimately I can’t force or mandate, right? These companies are making the decisions that they believe that are in their best interests.”

Doesn’t everyone want to live here?….the weather!!

San Francisco mayor blasts Elon Musk​

Breed, who has lamented the adverse economic impact of remote work on her city, has expressed frustration with tech CEOs for promoting the narrative that the Bay Area was a crime-infested hellhole full of drugs and homeless people.

When asked about Musk’s frequent criticism of Democrat-run states and cities, Breed replied sarcastically: “You mean the person who got a ton of tax breaks in California and decided to take that money and run?”

Last year, Musk relocated the headquarters of his electric car company, Tesla, to Austin, Texas. It had previously been headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif.

But Musk was in no mood for nostalgia. Upon announcing his decision to move to Texas, he said: “California used to be the land of opportunity. Now it has become and is becoming more so the land of overregulation, overlitigation, overtaxation and scorn.”

Breed, a Democrat, also called out San Francisco tenant Marc Benioff’s Salesforce, the city’s largest private employer and owner of its tallest office tower.

Breed told Bloomberg News she has tried to persuade Benioff, a billionaire and native San Franciscan, to bring his charges back into the office.

“He’s very supportive of the city, continues to contribute that support to schools and to other great causes, but the building is empty, and that’s a real problem,” Breed said of Benioff.

“Ultimately I can’t force or mandate, right? These companies are making the decisions that they believe that are in their best interests.”

Well, obviously people still want to live here. Even after all these disparaging articles you post about CA, you're still here. The weather! :poop:
:eek::D:alien::coffee::unsure:o_O

I’m stuck here for a variety of reasons and am fortunate I can afford to live here. I hold out hope that we can again be a place people can thrive and succeed in instead of being a place where people are from (we continue to net lose population) ….pulling out of our tailspin is possible…as a native Californian, one can hope.

Everything is awesome…

'It's risking its economic future!' California is warned there's no end in sight to mass exodus of businesses fleeing the state at DOUBLE the rate of previous years amid skyrocketing taxes

· The rate at which businesses left California in 2021 was twice that of 2020 and 2019 and three times higher than in 2018, according to a new report

· It was revealed in a report by the Hoover Institute at Stanford University

· Texas is a popular destination for many California companies, including Tesla, Oracle, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Charles Schwab

In 2021, California business headquarters left the state at twice their rate in both 2020 and 2019, and at three times their rate in 2018. In the last three years, California lost eleven Fortune 1000 companies, whose exits negatively affect California’s economy today. But California also is risking its economic future as much smaller but rapidly growing unique businesses are leaving, taking their innovative ideas with them.

https://www.hoover.org/research/california-business-exits-soared-2021-and-there-no-end-sight

Yet Another Industry Ditching Greasy Gavin’s California for a Free State

The Oakland Raiders now play in Las Vegas—the players get a real bonus—NO income tax on their salaries!! That means they get an extra 13% in their paycheck and the club does not have to pay an extra dime. Now it looks like the Oakland Athletics will be joining them—with the same bonus ofr the players. Actually, if I were the A’s, I would leave as soon as possible. Not because of the money—but for the safety of the players and fans. Oakland is a war zone.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ml...by-following-raiders-to-las-vegas/ar-AA13wmWa

The only way they know is tax and spend…we who are left are stuck with the tab. After this election we will be the lone fools…leadership needs to change…unfortunately, we haven’t hit rock bottom yet like Oregon and maybe New York has but it’s coming.

I’m stuck here for a variety of reasons and am fortunate I can afford to live here. I hold out hope that we can again be a place people can thrive and succeed in instead of being a place where people are from (we continue to net lose population) ….pulling out of our tailspin is possible…as a native Californian, one can hope.
as IHO mentioned we'll be fine.
bloomberg-graph1.png

That’s funny because it took Germany collapsing from all the green new deal disasters to make that happen. They collapsed into us.

That’s funny because it took Germany collapsing from all the green new deal disasters to make that happen. They collapsed into us.
That's funny because you keep on posting how all these companies are fleeing california, people leaving, all fear posts, doom and gloom yet our economy is fine and has gone up.

It really is unfortunate for you being here where you don't want to be... 🤷‍♂️

like Eye before you, you read me all wrong. I’m here because I want to be and fortunately for me I can afford to be. I love this place and loathe what it has become. In my opinion, the ship will right itself naturally as seems to be happening elsewhere in this country. I’ll remain here hoping that someday these things can be fixed.

Back