The Oaks at Portola Hills

Iron Ridge and CalAtlantic are both cannibalizing sales at The Oaks. Pretty amazing offer (I got one too since I'm on their e-mail list....) Interior lots are meh, but the exterior ones are fantastic. The floor plans are great IMHO. Soylent Red is ready to buy the sales office model, providing it's on a view lot... and we win the lottery.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
Iron Ridge and CalAtlantic are both cannibalizing sales at The Oaks. Pretty amazing offer (I got one too since I'm on their e-mail list....) Interior lots are meh, but the exterior ones are fantastic. The floor plans are great IMHO. Soylent Red is ready to buy the sales office model, providing it's on a view lot... and we win the lottery.

My .02c

Agree about the floor plans.  I think they are some of the best I have seen.  Unfortunately the view lots are very close a busy street and the noise in the view lots are horrendous!  The prices on these homes are also horrendous! 

irvinehomeowner said:
So it's 2022... and they are still selling these homes?
https://www.portolahills-homes.com/our-homes

Or is it just that they haven't taken down their website?

Looking back at these, the Plan 1 is pretty nice with that 3CLG.

I think they're still selling. My brother-in-law bought last October and just closed escrow last month. I think he got Plan 1.  And the co-worker sitting next to me at work also bought at the same time, either Plan 7 or 8. He said 4700 sq ft. He closed escrow in July, I think. He got view lot, so they closed a bit earlier.

marmott said:
Still selling and they have a lot of lots left if you look at the site map at the bottom of the page.

It's up to date, the available lot 74 plan 1 is listed on MLS:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Trabuco-Canyon/3022-Viejo-Ridge-Dr-92679/home/180757099

WTF at the listing price. Is this a view lot? My brother-in-law got the Plan 1, but it was 4100+ sq ft and he won the bidding contest at $1,588,888 for it. This was back in Oct, but still, double the price now? I expected $2.3M-$2.4M or so.

I like the 3CWG models... just weird that at this size only one of the models (I think) has double master closets.

Just like 3CWG... once you go double master closets... you don't want to see your spouse's clothes anymore.

Hmmm... you can tell Asians aren't a big demo for this builder... lots of Feng Shui miscues... someone here can probably point them all out.

irvinehomeowner said:
I like the 3CWG models... just weird that at this size only one of the models (I think) has double master closets.

Just like 3CWG... once you go double master closets... you don't want to see your spouse's clothes anymore.

Our Lake Elsinore home has double master closets and each of them is bigger than our Bluffs master closet.  :p

Cielo 2 has double master closets too, but each is pretty small. And we don't like most of the features in Cielo 2.

Right now, my wife's favorite has changed from Cielo 3 to 1. One good thing for us is that most real estate agents on Youtube are pushing hard for 2 and 3.  ;D Cielo 3 is understandable, but we're very much surprised they prefer 2 or 1. Maybe they just look at the square footage. One agent even said that even though 2 is only slightly bigger than 1, it seems a lot roomier than 1. To each his own, I guess. But, the more of them ignore 1, the better for us.

There must be something going on with the development.  I don't think they've started on a new lot at all this year and barely finished 1 phase in the last 2 years.

Navigatn said:
There must be something going on with the development.  I don't think they've started on a new lot at all this year and barely finished 1 phase in the last 2 years.
Probably because they are overpricing their homes in this market? Isn?t it cheaper to slow construction by leaving it as dirt lot than start building and having to pay the higher taxes and let that sit once it?s completed?

sleepy5136 said:
Navigatn said:
Probably because they are overpricing their homes in this market? Isn?t it cheaper to slow construction by leaving it as dirt lot than start building and having to pay the higher taxes and let that sit once it?s completed?

What he meant is that Baldwin & Sons didn't even make a phase release.

When my brother-in-law bought in October last year, it was after they paused for a year from previous release. It was a bid process. When they signed the contract, the homes weren't even built yet. They closed escrow in August. I think they had another phase release after October, but not another one after that. So it seems like they don't start construction until they've sold the homes.

Couple of their floorplans are like the one I just sold. The right person LOVES it but most people in this area won't buy it. They probably should do what Cal Atlantic did and dump those and make them another floor plan.

I noticed a lot of investors bought here and have flipped or are currently in the process of flipping these. They were selling these homes low $400s sq/ft at some point.

Like this one:https://redf.in/56Ew4G

Bought for 1.5m and sold for 3m. Now it?s a rental :)

The same floorplan that my brother-in-law bought for less than $1.6M was listing at $3M, and it's actually smaller than his (3800 sq ft vs. 4100 sq ft).

Back