The Oaks at Portola Hills

SoCal said:
In case anyone else was wondering what that unlabeled room to the right of the butler's pantry in Residence 5 is, I asked the rep when I called a few days ago and she said it's a bar area. 

Annnnd this is attempt #112 to post this. I keep getting Error 403.

Error 403; block SoCal algorithm... I guess it kind of works.

But u have to think of the future! Sell lots of houses, buy lots of cars, need lots of finished garages!

How many times do you see a property in the center of OC with 10 finished garages come on the market?

I wonder if the owner actually uses all those garages.

Ready2Downsize said:
But u have to think of the future! Sell lots of houses, buy lots of cars, need lots of finished garages!

How many times do you see a property in the center of OC with 10 finished garages come on the market?

I wonder if the owner actually uses all those garages.

I'd have to sell off all of my cars to buy that home though. 

Ready2Downsize said:
Nah............ you could buy a few more cars while rates are low and rent them out as luxury rentals.

Hmmmm, now that's a thought.  But the idea of other people driving my cars gives me chills though.  haha

I went by The Oaks and they just opened Phase 1.  Their prices are great compared to the new homes being developed in Irvine.  It's only 10 minutes to Irvine Spectrum and easy assess on the 241 toll road.  Their single story is priced from $1,258,995 and it has a view!  Their smallest two story which has 3,553 square feet (that's big to me) is priced from $1,223,995.  Some of the homes are huge; up to 4,754 square feet.  My husband and I area considering this neighborhood!

home hunter said:
I went by The Oaks and they just opened Phase 1.  Their prices are great compared to the new homes being developed in Irvine.  It's only 10 minutes to Irvine Spectrum and easy assess on the 241 toll road.  Their single story is priced from $1,258,995 and it has a view!  Their smallest two story which has 3,553 square feet (that's big to me) is priced from $1,223,995.  Some of the homes are huge; up to 4,754 square feet.  My husband and I area considering this neighborhood!

FYI - your posts doesn't generate buzz. It leaves people scratching their head.

Sorry, $1.25M for a single story 2,600 sq ft home where land is not nearly as valuable as Irvine is not a deal by any stretch.

$950k sounds more like it.  This location is worse than Baker Ranch.

Interesting math. $1.259 for 2600 SF ($484 PSF) compared to $1.223 for 3300 SF ($370 PSF). If this really is correct pricing, it's likely due to the low land price. If memory serves Baldwin's been sitting on that property since the 1990's

My .02c

home hunter said:

That's a fail in my opinion.  My home in Tustin Ranch is a much better location and value, probably a bigger lot too.

I drove by here the other day and couldn't believe all the huge power lines in the fields across the street. 

They are seriously eyesores, not sure who is going to pay to live in this location.

aquabliss said:
I drove by here the other day and couldn't believe all the huge power lines in the fields across the street. 

They are seriously eyesores, not sure who is going to pay to live in this location.

Meh. It could be worse. It could be a MASSSSSIVE BACKYARD STRUCTURE!
;)

13226824_1015591321864624_1632482288023475244_n.jpg

13164187_1015591358531287_8457880442507410192_n.jpg

More here.

SoCal said:

I like how this home have 3 CWG and the garage doesn't occupied the entire front.  Why can they build something like this with 3 CWG in Irvine?

That third car is going to be a pain to back out of.

There have been houses built with one car set back in the past but unfortunately land got to be too expensive to have 3 car wide garages unless maybe you put the house behind the garages but who wants their entire front yard to be garage doors?

Back