The Oaks at Portola Hills

Ready2Downsize said:
That third car is going to be a pain to back out of.

There have been houses built with one car set back in the past but unfortunately land got to be too expensive to have 3 car wide garages unless maybe you put the house behind the garages but who wants their entire front yard to be garage doors?

Better put some pavers for the front yard  near that 3rd garage otherwise I can see trouble ahead 😬

The driveway looks like a two car driveway in front of a three car garage, so you might as well have a tandem 3 car if one is going to be storage anyway.

Today at lunch I drove into the "do not drive past this sign" area and looked at the front of the model homes.  All these elevations are really nice, the neighborhood (at least where the models are) has an upscale newport-ish feel to it.  Pretty impressed.

Then I drove out and saw the power lines and the desert, but inside the bubble it feels pretty good.

I went this afternoon on my lunch break - it's funny they say they're open but they're still working on the landscaping of a few models, and a couple them aren't completely finished inside.

Overall I'd say I was very impressed. They did a nice job decorating these and the layouts are great.  You can see a few pictures here:http://www.portolahills-homes.com/photogallery

I have a price sheet in my car I can get it later if anyone is really interested. 

My favorites were definitely Plan 7 and Plan 8, both of these are pretty awe-inspiring when you enter and they don't disappoint inside. 

I thought though that these homes would have the same low tax base rate as Baker Ranch - around 1.01.  However the price sheet states that the base tax rate is 1.25%, so they actually must be having some Mello / CFD in there.  I didn't go to the sales office to inquire but I probably wouldn't want to pay the extra $3.5k in property tax per year to live here compared to Baker Ranch. 

So I'm not really in tune with area, so unsure of what alternatives are, But the views are of the toll road and power lines.

LongIrvine said:
So I'm not really in tune with area, so unsure of what alternatives are, But the views are of the toll road and power lines.

Ya this location is a bad investment.  I would wait to see what larger view homes they put in Baker Ranch on the other side of Alton.  Those views will be much better.

aquabliss said:
LongIrvine said:

Ya this location is a bad investment.  I would wait to see what larger view homes they put in Baker Ranch on the other side of Alton.  Those views will be much better.

Which side of Alton? Only the original Baker Ranch side has big lots and view homes. The Phase 3 side is smaller/motor court and condos.

eclipxe said:
aquabliss said:
LongIrvine said:

Which side of Alton? Only the original Baker Ranch side has big lots and view homes. The Phase 3 side is smaller/motor court and condos.

Oops never mind then.  For some reason I thought there was a chance for larger homes on the less developed side of Alton.

aquabliss said:
eclipxe said:
aquabliss said:
LongIrvine said:

Oops never mind then.  For some reason I thought there was a chance for larger homes on the less developed side of Alton.

They'll be building larger homes behind The Crossing and north of Crestline.

I'm one of those nutters that actually uses all 3 car spots to part cars.  haha

Reviving this thread with a pic.

I'm thinking: Awesome shower. Obnoxious tub.

06-hi%20res.jpg

Ready2Downsize said:
It's not a tub. It's a giant flower pot. Has a drain and it's own water supply.

At first I thought it was the world's largest Pho bowl. I got excited.

Just imagine hitting your shins on the side of that.

I wonder how these are selling, drove into the community and looks like there's only 6-8 homes complete that may be owner occupied.  Elevations are nice though, community looks quite good but location is just awful.

location is indeed awful.  prices cannot compete with other new developments.  also, there is no community yet, only the homes from Baldwin and Sons.  That little park they have is not appealing at all.  The clubhouse is not even done.

aquabliss said:
I wonder how these are selling, drove into the community and looks like there's only 6-8 homes complete that may be owner occupied.  Elevations are nice though, community looks quite good but location is just awful.
Why is location terrible? Referring to Foothill Ranch / Portola Hills in general or the particular spot where these are built?  I know their is that other project across the way that appears to have deep pockets behind it.

This place must not be doing so well.  I got an email offering 50K in incentives and also 50K for broker commission. 

Back