The Meadows, Lake Forest by Toll Brothers

Any word on the vacant plot of land which was originally a school site? The district has $60 million in reserves, but does not seem to be committed to building an elementary school.

Do the lot fliers identify the local schools for K-12?

Kangen.Irvine said:
Any word on the vacant plot of land which was originally a school site? The district has $60 million in reserves, but does not seem to be committed to building an elementary school.

Do the lot fliers identify the local schools for K-12?

The flier I have says either foothill ranch elem, lake forest elem or rancho canada. And some verbiage about not guaranteeing attendance at any specific school because boundaries can change. I thought foothill ranch was an impacted school - interesting how that?s one of the options presented.

Serrano + el toro for 7-12 but also not ?guaranteed?.

Serrano and El Toro seems like a lock. The surrounding areas filter the same direction and El Toro?s enrollment is much lower than its peak. I can see Baker Ranch being directed to Foothill Ranch before the Meadows, which more than likely will be Lake Forest Elementary. Not the easiest route for families to transport their students and it is not bicycle friendly. Rancho Canada is far unless they consider the Serrano bike trail a primary mode of transportation.

I didn?t realize none (a few?) of the homes have closed yet which is probably why school assignments are so fuzzy. You?re right - Serrano + el toro for sure. I would prob school choice elsewhere for high school. With 7 under-enrolled elementary schools in SVUSD and plans for their merge/closure, not sure if they will build a new one. IUSD would but SVUSD, so far, hasn?t shown the same willingness.

better student to teacher ratio, isn't a good thing?

bones said:
I didn?t realize none (a few?) of the homes have closed yet which is probably why school assignments are so fuzzy. You?re right - Serrano + el toro for sure. I would prob school choice elsewhere for high school. With 7 under-enrolled elementary schools in SVUSD and plans for their merge/closure, not sure if they will build a new one. IUSD would but SVUSD, so far, hasn?t shown the same willingness.

The California Court Company said:
better student to teacher ratio, isn't a good thing?

bones said:

Ummm, sure, if you believe that class size is a top driver of student success, and if you believe that staffing levels and class offerings have been kept the same despite the decline in enrollment.

If homeowners want to have the best public schools and have their tax dollars spent on that, go to Irvine. People living in Lake Forest should already know that most of the people here are retired. Convincing them to throw the kind of money Irvine does to schoos isn?t something to expect.

sleepy5136 said:
If homeowners want to have the best public schools and have their tax dollars spent on that, go to Irvine. People living in Lake Forest should already know that most of the people here are retired. Convincing them to throw the kind of money Irvine does to schoos isn?t something to expect.

oh god no.  rather pay for private school in RSM than deal with that community

The proximity to good private schools is definitely a plus for South OC  :)

Navigatn said:
sleepy5136 said:

oh god no.  rather pay for private school in RSM than deal with that community

are any phase 1 buyers moved in yet? i asked the toll brother agent for the oaks and he kept deflecting the question. from browsing in the neighborhood, it seems like no one moved in willows/oaks/evergreens...

sleepy5136 said:
are any phase 1 buyers moved in yet? i asked the toll brother agent for the oaks and he kept deflecting the question. from browsing in the neighborhood, it seems like no one moved in willows/oaks/evergreens...

They're probably mostly investors and gonna flip them.

We finally visited the Meadows last weekend. I did not see any moved in Evergreens despite a lot of houses looking pretty finished from the outside.

They still had a security guard restricting access to all the models if you had not gone by the sales office first.

talkirvine said:
Phase 1 has not moved in yet. I think they will close in end of October.

Wow, they're even slower than The Oaks at Portola Hills, which closed in July and Aug. I remember Phase 1 was sold around end of Oct 2021. But then again, Phase 1 was sold before they even built them.  ;D

Edit: I think Phase 1 was probably early Oct 2021. When we drove down to look at the site, it was already Phase 2.

Escrows are starting to close next week.  Getting meters installed from SCE are holding things up, once that happens, closings will start the next day

I was driving by the Meadows today. The Magnolia and Parklands homes are like 5 ft below Ranch Pkway. And the Willows home are really packed like sardines. You could barely see any space between the homes.

We went to see the Meadows model homes today. Only checked out Magnolia and Evergreen. Redwoods models aren't ready yet.

Evergreen models look nice, but Magnolia with 5 bd / 5 ba don't look good. The rooms are too small.

Magnolia homes are about $2M.

Evergreen homes are from $2.15M to $2.26M.

If I could choose between the two, I would choose Evergreen.

Attachments

• Magnolia price sheet.jpg
    Magnolia price sheet.jpg
    570.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Evergreen price sheet.jpg
    Evergreen price sheet.jpg
    644.7 KB · Views: 19
We went to see the Meadows model homes today. Only checked out Magnolia and Evergreen. Redwoods models aren't ready yet.

Evergreen models look nice, but Magnolia with 5 bd / 5 ba don't look good. The rooms are too small.

Magnolia homes are about $2M.

Evergreen homes are from $2.15M to $2.26M.

If I could choose between the two, I would choose Evergreen.
Yes, we received keys on this week. Calbears, I thought you already purchased in Portola Springs? Seems like you're still interested in The Meadows?

Back