The Meadows, Lake Forest by Toll Brothers

USCTrojanCPA said:
anteaterMD said:
Looks like the bidding wars are beginning to reflect in pricing with even numbers. 

May the best FCB win.
/s (?kinda?)

I've heard from the sales person that I've worked with that the bidding will continue on ALL the lots, not just the premium lots.

Thank you for sharing. This is consistent with what I?ve heard as well.

anteaterMD said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
anteaterMD said:
Looks like the bidding wars are beginning to reflect in pricing with even numbers. 

May the best FCB win.
/s (?kinda?)

I've heard from the sales person that I've worked with that the bidding will continue on ALL the lots, not just the premium lots.

Thank you for sharing. This is consistent with what I?ve heard as well.

Yeah, why would they change that when they have more buyers on the wait list than homes available for sale.

These recent sales are encouraging the local school district to re-examine how they accept funding from the state for the schools. With the increase in home prices they may consider accepting the property tax revenues, which will gives these newer areas more leverage with schools. This area might switch high schools soon enough.

Cares said:
Any ideas on where homes are getting bid to at the moment?

I'll call my sales person and ask her on Monday.  My guess it that might go for $50k to $100k over the starting bid.

Kangen.Irvine said:
These recent sales are encouraging the local school district to re-examine how they accept funding from the state for the schools. With the increase in home prices they may consider accepting the property tax revenues, which will gives these newer areas more leverage with schools. This area might switch high schools soon enough.

Which elementary school are these homes zoned to?

having our framing walk-through in the coming days for our Sagewood home. the last time we went to see most of the phase 1 homes have their exterior finished and the models are coming along nicely (the model for Sagewood has floating staircase, an inversed in-law suite build to make the bedroom bigger, and extra sq footage via master retreat extension)

anyways it's just kinda insane that it's going for 400-500k+ from what we signed

at this point it's just magic fake money. if it's an irvine homes I'll kind of get it because you have the supposed IUSD factor but this neighborhood doesn't even have schools assigned to it

not that I'm complaining though

capboba said:
having our framing walk-through in the coming days for our Sagewood home. the last time we went to see most of the phase 1 homes have their exterior finished and the models are coming along nicely (the model for Sagewood has floating staircase, an inversed in-law suite build to make the bedroom bigger, and extra sq footage via master retreat extension)

anyways it's just kinda insane that it's going for 400-500k+ from what we signed

at this point it's just magic fake money. if it's an irvine homes I'll kind of get it because you have the supposed IUSD factor but this neighborhood doesn't even have schools assigned to it

You are a lucky guy. Evergreen is the most popular sub-community and you are able to get in Phase 1.

capboba said:

it may be hard comprehend on the surface, but when you compare the breakdown with price per sqft, it begins to make more sense.  sagewood offers a SFH residence in SoCal OC for $596/sqft of living space (vs irvine's $700+/sqft).  even then, the current price is quite competitive in today's market.  phase 1 buyers are incredibly fortunate (initially priced around $447/sqft)

when you sell your home 2+ years down the line, you'll realize then that this "magic fake money" was real all along.

anteaterMD said:
capboba said:

it may be hard comprehend on the surface, but when you compare the breakdown with price per sqft, it begins to make more sense.  sagewood offers a SFH residence in SoCal OC for $596/sqft of living space (vs irvine's $700+/sqft).  even then, the current price is quite competitive in today's market.  phase 1 buyers are incredibly fortunate (initially priced around $447/sqft)

when you sell your home 2+ years down the line, you'll realize then that this "magic fake money" was real all along.

Baker Ranch SFRs are already trading in the mid-to-high $600/sf range.

The Meadows will have a new release in the next few days.

2 Redwoods homes are from $1.8M range, another Redwoods Elite is from $2M range (and BFO also)
1 Parkland home is from $1.7M, 2 Parkland homes are from $1.8M range (1 is BFO)

CalBears96 said:

2 Redwoods homes are from $1.8M range, another Redwoods Elite is from $2M range (and BFO also)

Thanks for sharing. Any release and pricing of Magnolia and Evergreen?

talkirvine said:
CalBears96 said:

Thanks for sharing. Any release and pricing of Magnolia and Evergreen?

Sorry, but I don't have info on those two communities. I only signed up on the Redwoods and Parkland waitlists, so the email they sent me only contains information about those two communities.

Got an email that Toll has bumping their broker co-op from $15k to $35k to $45k (in line with the 2% buyer agent commissions offered on resale homes).  Expect to see other builder start to offer broker co-ops or increase them.

free design credit next?

USCTrojanCPA said:
Got an email that Toll has bumping their broker co-op from $15k to $35k to $45k (in line with the 2% buyer agent commissions offered on resale homes).  Expect to see other builder start to offer broker co-ops or increase them.

Haven't passed by there this year... was in that area last week... lots of homes up... but very close to each other and many of those ones on Bake or Rancho are right off the road.

There is this big ditch on the corner of Rancho and Bake... what is going there?

EDIT: Found the site map:

13527_siteplan_1800.jpg

It's the upper right hand corner on the site map... looks like a park? Seems like too much open space to me.

USCTrojanCPA said:

I'm interested in seeing how long Cal Pac will stick with no broker co-ops.  ;D

Back