The Meadows, Lake Forest by Toll Brothers

The California Court Company said:
free design credit next?

USCTrojanCPA said:
Got an email that Toll has bumping their broker co-op from $15k to $35k to $45k (in line with the 2% buyer agent commissions offered on resale homes).  Expect to see other builder start to offer broker co-ops or increase them.

Yup, you'll see another 1-2% in design credits offered along with interest rate buy downs if you go with the builder's lender.

CalBears96 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Got an email that Toll has bumping their broker co-op from $15k to $35k to $45k (in line with the 2% buyer agent commissions offered on resale homes).  Expect to see other builder start to offer broker co-ops or increase them.

I'm interested in seeing how long Cal Pac will stick with no broker co-ops.  ;D

You'll see them starting to offer a broker co-op in the next 2-3 months is my guess.  iPac will start increasing their broker co-ops back up to around 2% of the sales price.  What goes around comes around.

irvinehomeowner said:
Haven't passed by there this year... was in that area last week... lots of homes up... but very close to each other and many of those ones on Bake or Rancho are right off the road.

There is this bid ditch on the corner of Rancho and Bake... what is going there?

A duck pond?

irvinehomeowner said:
Haven't passed by there this year... was in that area last week... lots of homes up... but very close to each other and many of those ones on Bake or Rancho are right off the road.

There is this bid ditch on the corner of Rancho and Bake... what is going there?

That is the proposed site for the school. Toll had to include it in the plan. There is a time limit for the school district to decide to build it or not. Most are saying it won't happen as the district will allocate the resources to other schools. So when the time period lapses, my guess is you'll see more homes go up there.

Agreed. Unless Toll needs a new incentive to keep or attract buyers due to the changing economy. The school will not be built unless paid for by Toll.

anteaterMD said:
Just visited yesterday-- the community is shaping up to look really nice so far.  Lots of trees and greenery.  :)

Based on their promotional videos, I knew that the community itself would look really nice, with lots of trees and shrubs. It's the surrounding I couldn't accept, especially with the Meadows being on lower ground (at least when we visited) than the surrounding commercial buildings.

CalBears96 said:
anteaterMD said:
Just visited yesterday-- the community is shaping up to look really nice so far.  Lots of trees and greenery.  :)

Based on their promotional videos, I knew that the community itself would look really nice, with lots of trees and shrubs. It's the surrounding I couldn't accept, especially with the Meadows being on lower ground (at least when we visited) than the surrounding commercial buildings.

It feels reassuring to see the promotional content actualized as opposed to staying theoretical... *cough* Tesla *cough*

CalBears96 said:
anteaterMD said:

I did notice that too... The Meadows is more like The Valley. :)

anteaterMD said:
CalBears96 said:
anteaterMD said:

It feels reassuring to see the promotional content actualized as opposed to staying theoretical... *cough* Tesla *cough*

Well, Toll Brothers have a good track record though.  ;D

talkirvine said:
Is there still a long waiting list for Magnolia or Evergreen?

Doesn't sound like it as lots are starting to become available and they stopped the silly auction ordeal awhile back

Things took a quick turn around May I'd said (which basically matched what we saw elsewhere on the market).

In fact, prices crept down ever so slightly for Evergreen. Till Brothers are also throwing in more incentives now as they can't simply lower the price like a resale, and have significantly upped agents commission.

This place is finally having its model grand opening just FYI

There's an RSVP link on the homepage but doubt it's really needed. (Plus no longer works)

It's for this weekend (sat and sun) at 11 to 6pm if I recall correctly. There was also a broker preview earlier this week and they invited owners to attend as well.

Market has changed significantly since last year so I don't see how they move units with just beefier commission for agents and incentives at this price point.

Checked out the models of Evergreen this weekend with the family.  Very nicely done, you can see Toll Bros. have learned from Baker Ranch and improved in small ways.  The homes are even closer to the sidewalk with almost no front yard but don't feel *too* close or cramped.  All the models have very high entryways for an impressive 'grand' entry without wasting too much space.  The lots  they'r on aren't big but pretty livable, no cramped feeling like some of the irvine pac houses.

Quite liked that they all had downstairs offices in addition to downstairs bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms.  The ~3500 sq ft they settled on for all of them seems the perfect size for the market they're going after.  Not as big as The Summit in Baker Ranch, but equally impressive feeling in both the entry way and the large expansive great rooms and kitchen, and very livable with offices, bonus rooms, along with 5 bedrooms.

I think they're a little over priced for this market, but these floor plans beat the pants off similar sized houses for sale in Irvine.  Maybe only Cetera comes close.

Out of my price range and I'm pretty happy in Baker Ranch with my decent sized lot on a cul de sac (which they don't have in this neighorhood) but If I had some extra cash I'd be tempted!

no coat hanging place for guests? small pantry.

ThirtySomethingWEquity said:
Checked out the models of Evergreen this weekend with the family.  Very nicely done, you can see Toll Bros. have learned from Baker Ranch and improved in small ways.  The homes are even closer to the sidewalk with almost no front yard but don't feel *too* close or cramped.  All the models have very high entryways for an impressive 'grand' entry without wasting too much space.  The lots  they'r on aren't big but pretty livable, no cramped feeling like some of the irvine pac houses.

Quite liked that they all had downstairs offices in addition to downstairs bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms.  The ~3500 sq ft they settled on for all of them seems the perfect size for the market they're going after.  Not as big as The Summit in Baker Ranch, but equally impressive feeling in both the entry way and the large expansive great rooms and kitchen, and very livable with offices, bonus rooms, along with 5 bedrooms.

I think they're a little over priced for this market, but these floor plans beat the pants off similar sized houses for sale in Irvine.  Maybe only Cetera comes close.

Out of my price range and I'm pretty happy in Baker Ranch with my decent sized lot on a cul de sac (which they don't have in this neighorhood) but If I had some extra cash I'd be tempted!

The California Court Company said:
no coat hanging place for guests? small pantry.

FWIW in two of the evergreen models they went with floating stairs system which removes the closet below the stairs in standard option.

But yeah all of them have quite small pantry considering the home size. Something we'll have to live with.

ThirtySomethingWEquity said:

I think you've hit all their positives spot on and are mainly why we bought in (at last year's pricing anyways).

We had seriously considered The Summit previously given its square footage (it was the Del Ray plan if I remember right) but ultimately decided to go with our Orchard Hills place.

TB managed to squeeze out more utility from smaller sqft by doing away with a formal dining room, grand foyer/circular stairway systems and in lieu of them included an office (or in law suite) options. The homes sitting on their lot doesn't feel as jam packed together but that's probably because they're not very huge homes to begin with.

Ultimately I think given market sentiment they're gonna have a hard time moving some of the later phases at current price point but at least they won't do those silly auctions anymore.

Build quality wise I feel some of the chosen material could have been way better but we're basically stuck with it. Their flooring options in the design center was pretty atrocious imo and should be avoided at TB's price point.

capboba said:
FWIW in two of the evergreen models they went with floating stairs system which removes the closet below the stairs in standard option.

But yeah all of them have quite small pantry considering the home size. Something we'll have to live with.

Sounds like you managed to snag an Evergreen?  Congratulations, they're beautiful homes with well thought out floor plans that maximize where it's more important and minimize where it's less important.  There's no perfect home for every buyer, but TB did well to meet the average buyer's needs imo.  Even more congratulations if you managed to get into contract in 2021.

FWIW+2, the builder preselects all structural options, at least so far from what I hear, and I haven't heard of them pre-selecting any floating staircases, so 2 of the 3 floor plans will have a downstairs storage closet.

Agreed on the small pantries.  People are good at adapting and builders spend a lot of money researching what works for most buyers, so chances are the small pantry will not be an issue after a few small life style adjustments.

Back