The 2020 Presidential Election

Irvinecommuter said:
morekaos said:
The last Remnants of the old republic have been swept away... >:D
https://youtu.be/4xnD85_nYI0

The irony of Trump supporters citing the Empire as their inspiration in a country who prides itself on democracy and freedom.

But it's okay...the Dems can play the role of the Rebels.

Learn to laugh..again. The reference is actually introspective to the Republican party.  Notice at the RNC what was missing?  No Romney, No Bush, no Powell, no Baker No Rumsfeld, no old guard...swept away. ;)

Irvinecommuter said:
morekaos said:
The last Remnants of the old republic have been swept away... >:D
https://youtu.be/4xnD85_nYI0

The irony of Trump supporters citing the Empire as their inspiration in a country who prides itself on democracy and freedom.

But it's okay...the Dems can play the role of the Rebels.

Who in the world approved Melanias bright green dress? How about who approved Kimberly Guilfoyle to speak?

I was watching it and I was like: Why is Kimberly shouting at the camera?Lol (take a chill pill yo)
Donald Jr. eyes look red and dilated or something. Lol

It look like a high school play with no script! Bunch of big time amateurs. The last night was a joke. No social distance for the guests at the WH. (thats what it look like on TV, maybe there was but it did not look like it)

eyephone said:
Who in the world approved Melanias bright green dress? How about who approved Kimberly Guilfoyle to speak?

I was watching it and I was like: Why is Kimberly shouting at the camera?Lol (take a chill pill yo)

It look like a high school play with no script! Bunch of big time amateurs. The last night was a joke. No social distance for the guests at the WH. (thats what it look like on TV, maybe there was but it did not look like it)

Don't forget Melania's Soviet Military garb on Wednesday! 

Who the heck can even listen to Trump for more than 5 minutes...let alone an hour +

Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:

Who the heck can even listen to Trump for more than 5 minutes...let alone an hour +

Did you see the White House rose garden designed by Melania. She removed the iconic crab apple trees planted in the 1960s. Also, I guess this is more important than covid. Taking resources to renovate the rose garden. Lol

Although I am a supporter of the President, I cannot listen to his speeches for more than 5 minutes. Neither can I listen to any politician speak for more than 5 minutes. POTUS is better unscripted. It's a crazy train, but much more interesting to listen to. 

Had Trump been reigned in to 45 minutes tops, this would have been a winner. The speech likely was that length but they forgot to set time aside for applause etc.

Can't wait to see the Chroma Key versions of Melania's dress. Yes, whomever "greenlit" that outfit needs to be sacked. Dumb idea all around.

The Debates will make or break both candidates IMHO. If Corn Pops does well, looks like we'll have a momentum shift in his favor. If the Cheeto Hitler wipes the floor with his opponent it's 4 more years!!

In either case, whomever wins, cities will burn post November 3rd. That you can count on.

My .02c

eyephone said:
Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:

Did you see the White House rose garden designed by Melania. She removed the iconic crab apple trees planted in the 1960s. Also, I guess this is more important than covid. Taking resources to renovate the rose garden. Lol

Color is also not a plus in this administration...both figuratively and literally

EgB9DfMWkAM2NDr

Like I said..made good TV...

At Tablet Magazine, a center-left publication, after watching the second night of the Republican convention, Leibovitz wrote, ?Donald John Trump is going to win in November, and win big.? He says that the polls and criticism are irrelevant:

[A]s Trump?s first surprise election ought to have taught us by now, when it comes to modern American politics, the only principle that truly matters is the Ooga Chaka principle: We vote for the candidate who gets us hooked on a feeling and high on believing.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/trump-republican-convention-2020#Feeling

Soylent Green Is People said:
Although I am a supporter of the President, I cannot listen to his speeches for more than 5 minutes. Neither can I listen to any politician speak for more than 5 minutes. POTUS is better unscripted. It's a crazy train, but much more interesting to listen to. 

Had Trump been reigned in to 45 minutes tops, this would have been a winner. The speech likely was that length but they forgot to set time aside for applause etc.

Can't wait to see the Chroma Key versions of Melania's dress. Yes, whomever "greenlit" that outfit needs to be sacked. Dumb idea all around.

The Debates will make or break both candidates IMHO. If Corn Pops does well, looks like we'll have a momentum shift in his favor. If the Cheeto Hitler wipes the floor with his opponent it's 4 more years!!

In either case, whomever wins, cities will burn post November 3rd. That you can count on.

My .02c

I disagree...I think the race is pretty much locked going forward.  Trump can do no wrong with his supporters and no right with his detractors.  Biden is the alternative to Trump. 

I am not even sure that Biden getting a stroke or Trump physically punching Biden on the air will change the race. 

At this point, it is turnout...if Biden gets the turnout that HRC should have gotten...he will win.

morekaos said:
Like I said..made good TV...

At Tablet Magazine, a center-left publication, after watching the second night of the Republican convention, Leibovitz wrote, ?Donald John Trump is going to win in November, and win big.? He says that the polls and criticism are irrelevant:

[A]s Trump?s first surprise election ought to have taught us by now, when it comes to modern American politics, the only principle that truly matters is the Ooga Chaka principle: We vote for the candidate who gets us hooked on a feeling and high on believing.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/trump-republican-convention-2020#Feeling

No one outside of his based watched the RNC convention. 

The base is irrelevant for both parties.  It?s the man, woman and otherwise identified in the battleground states that dislike them both that matter.

Unless someone is banking on turning out enough previously unturned out base and overcome the alienation of the waffles in the middle to swing the State.

I see the Biden camp repeating the Hillary campaign mistakes.  California is a lock, appealing more here is costing you there.  Costing you there, loses elections.

nosuchreality said:
The base is irrelevant for both parties.  It%u2019s the man, woman and otherwise identified in the battleground states that dislike them both that matter.

Unless someone is banking on turning out enough previously unturned out base and overcome the alienation of the waffles in the middle to swing the State.

I see the Biden camp repeating the Hillary campaign mistakes.  California is a lock, appealing more here is costing you there.  Costing you there, loses elections.

Nope. The covid death toll will be 200k plus and more during elections. Maybe more due to the flu. People are fed up!
There is no clear policy by the President.
I can tell you from reading about the 1918 flu. If a person did not wear a mask they went to jail. So maybe the 1918 flu would of been worst if they did not wear a mask.

I hope the kids do not get sick during back time school. That will cause panic and anger! But he does not think it through with his decisions. (We got to protect the kids. The kids are the future! ) :)

eyephone said:
nosuchreality said:
The base is irrelevant for both parties.  It%u2019s the man, woman and otherwise identified in the battleground states that dislike them both that matter.

Nope. The covid death toll will be 200k plus and more during elections. Maybe more due to the flu. People are fed up!
I can tell you from reading about the 1918 flu. If a person did not wear a mask they went to jail. So maybe the 1918 flu would of been worst if they did not wear a mask.

I hope the kids do not get sick during back time school. That will cause panic and anger! But he does not think it through with his decisions. (We got to protect the kids. The kids are the future! ) :)

The kids will get sick, they already have everywhere they went back to school without stringent protocols and reduced sizes.  Long ago I said covid is in driver seat on the election.  Right now, covid is still mildly behaved.  People are concerned but they?re also freaked about their jobs, about their kids not in school and they worry about getting covid.  Much like OC, there is a strong contingent believing the left response to Covid is sacrificing everything else.  Those swing voters don?t want a Government check, they ant businesses open.

Yes a sizable amount are fed up with Dr.Quackentrump. However if Covid doesn?t start rocketing again, the kids are in schools with outbreaks here and there and the death toll under 250K by November, a mere 2 months from now, it?s a net positive for Trump in the battle States.

Trump is a crazy bully. That's what I get from his speeches. As I've said 4 years ago, I like the disruption to the normal political process... but it's too much.

It just gets better and better...

This Is How Biden Loses
Nothing will harm a campaign like the wishful thinking, fearful hesitation, or sheer complacency that fails to address what voters can plainly see.
Here is a prediction about the November election: If Donald Trump wins, in a trustworthy vote, what?s happening this week in Kenosha, Wisconsin, will be one reason. Maybe the reason. And yet Joe Biden has it in his power to spare the country a second Trump term.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/08/how-biden-loses/615835/

nosuchreality said:
eyephone said:
nosuchreality said:

The kids will get sick, they already have everywhere they went back to school without stringent protocols and reduced sizes.  Long ago I said covid is in driver seat on the election.  Right now, covid is still mildly behaved.  People are concerned but they?re also freaked about their jobs, about their kids not in school and they worry about getting covid.  Much like OC, there is a strong contingent believing the left response to Covid is sacrificing everything else.  Those swing voters don?t want a Government check, they ant businesses open.

Yes a sizable amount are fed up with Dr.Quackentrump. However if Covid doesn?t start rocketing again, the kids are in schools with outbreaks here and there and the death toll under 250K by November, a mere 2 months from now, it?s a net positive for Trump in the battle States.

Even you admit there will be kids that get covid. Sorry the casualty of war motto does not work.
Arizona and Florida covid is out of control. Mark Kelly the world famous astronaut running for senate under the Democrats is way up.

US Senator Asked Her Supporters to 'Fast for a Meal' and Donate the Money to Her Campaign

A video from McSally?s campaign event in northern Arizona went viral on social media. In the video, the Republican senator is seen telling her supporters to ?fast a meal? and donate the money to her election campaign.
https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/us...donate-the-money-to-her-campaign-2816401.html

Times are getting desperate for the GOP. Do not forget to skip a meal and donate. They need all the support they can get. Rofl

Back