The 2020 Presidential Election

Yes, Epoch Times is far right and is up there with OANN. They just try to hide it by including stuff like recipes or a lifestyle section

icey said:
Yes, Epoch Times is far right and is up there with OANN. They just try to hide it by including stuff like recipes or a lifestyle section

Epoch Times is a very very anti-CCP paper...it was started and funded by FaLun Gong members as an attack piece on CCP and communism.  While I applaud their efforts against CCP...they are far by being objective.

Panda said:
The Epoch Times & NewsMax are also good media channel to listen to that is not so left or right winged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXx0j4P8fEc&t=197s

Panda...do you really believe this?  OANN and Epoch Times are extreme far right...that's not an opinion. 

You can take your news/information from whatever source you like but it's weird that you would say that it's not "not so left or right winged"

All the far right Trump supporters said they were abandoning Fox News for Newsmax after Fox News called the election for Biden. I don't know how you would think Newsmax is center of the spectrum.

Epoch and Newsmax are very hard right, making it a hard pass for me.

Just as I don't watch CNN, MSNBC, or FOX, it's probably best in these opinionated times to avoid American television "news" altogether. What is shoveled out the door as "news" is more and more badly written opinion pieces than anything else. It's no wonder there is a diabetes epidemic when so much Kool-Aid is being consumed today.....  Unfortunately as well most nationally syndicated radio news (Fox/NPR) is also a hot mess and should be deployed sparingly if you are looking for apolitical news.

For less opinion and more news I recommend NHK news and or the BBC Newshour. Al Jazeera has it's problems, but there can be some relatively neutral reporting there.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
Epoch and Newsmax are very hard right, making it a hard pass for me.

Just as I don't watch CNN, MSNBC, or FOX, it's probably best in these opinionated times to avoid American television "news" altogether. What is shoveled out the door as "news" is more and more badly written opinion pieces than anything else. It's no wonder there is a diabetes epidemic when so much Kool-Aid is being consumed today.....  Unfortunately as well most nationally syndicated radio news (Fox/NPR) is also a hot mess and should be deployed sparingly if you are looking for apolitical news.

For less opinion and more news I recommend NHK news and or the BBC Newshour. Al Jazeera has it's problems, but there can be some relatively neutral reporting there.

My .02c

I take news from most reputable sources...Fox and MSNBC are probably the edge of the cut-off line for me....I just avoid the talk show portions of each network.

Foreign sources are great because they give you an outsider's look at American and American politics.  BBC, Al Jeezra, NHK, SCMP, and a whole host of British and overseas English newspapers.

More information and POV are generally better for me...just need to exercise appropriate discretion, understand the biases, and filter appropriately.

irvinehomeowner said:
What's gotta hurt is still not accepting the 2020 election results.

Like all these people in 2016 who never did?

Not My President, Not Now, Not Ever

Those who believe that straight, white men have a mandate to burn the rest of us as fuel, to sell us for parts, to mow us down and climb up the pile, never truly conceded that war. They have been biding their time, and this is their last great gambit. But I live in the America that won ? the America with art and empathy and a free press and fierce protest. Not my president, not now, not ever.

www.nytimes.com

Back