The 2020 Presidential Election

Not sure what you think I mean. I believe in voting by mail and I think the process is hard to corrupt. The voter registration database is the same one in-person booths use to confirm who you are so not sure why that is any less valid. You have yet to prove that voting by mail is any more corrupt that in-person voting.

What I didn't like is the USPS sent a letter to all states saying that they may not be able to process all the mail-in ballots in a timely manner.

Now they are saying they can.

What is going on here?

What about vote harvesters? Let?s say I pick up 200 ballots for the elderly and conveniently loose the votes I don?t like and turn in only the ones I agree with? Who?s to know? That practice is legal in California and there is no oversight.

@Irvinehomeowner

An out of date voter registration list is immaterial to in-person voting and absentee balloting.

In person - 1 vote. Could that person be registered elsewhere? Sure. That kind of vote fraud is very easy to scan for.
https://www.latimes.com/california/...-voting-in-three-elections-as-his-dead-mother

Absentee - Request ballot, complete, return. 1 vote. Could someone request absentee AND vote in person? Sure. That's also very easy to scan for.

The alternative the D's want is to send every registered voter (not screened, not verified....just someone on a list) a ballot. We've seen piles of mis-mailed ballots sent to people who no longer live at a home or apartment complex. It is an opportunity to "vote for someone else on behalf of someone else"? Of course it is.

Certainly we should all be against this opportunity for fraud.

Nancy on Friday: OMG THE USPS IS WORKING ON BEHALF OF TRUMP, ENDANGERING OUR DEMOCRACY BY REMOVING MAILBOXES

USPS on Friday: Um... kinda like the 44,000 boxes we removed during the Obama Biden administration?

Nancy on Monday: USPS MUST BE PAID 25 BILLION TO DEFEND AGAINST BAD ORANGE MAN,

USPS Monday: We're able to do our job. We don't need the money.

USPS today: OK, we'll halt all previously approved business plans until the election is over.

Nancy today: OMG THE REPUBLIC IS SAVED

USPS - What about that $25 Billion you offered?

Nancy: LALALALALALALLAAL I CAN'T HEAR YOU

That's the state of the debate now. Blegh.

It is a double standard. 1. The president and his wife requested to vote by mail.
2. Voters in North Carolina have received absentee ballot request forms in the mail with Trump's face on them
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/16/poli...-absentee-ballot-request-mail-usps/index.html

There is a picture of Trump half the size of the ballot when they open the mail ballot. Shady sh#7 yo

Do not forget it is okay to vote for Trump by mail. But if you do not it is fraud.
Sounds like a dictator. Bring on the tear gas. 

I think Trump would of won the re-election. But he opened his mouth and tripped over his lies and can not keep his mouth closed. Oh well! His loss is our gain.

@soylent I respect your viewpoint but I think you are wrong about this.  Every voters on the register rolls are entitled to a ballot...the question is whether they go get or get one mail to them.  The only "verification" that is done is of one's address anyways so what is the difference between the state mailing one to you upon request or not?  Most absentees voters were that way when they registered so it is not like they ever have to reverify.

Five states and the military already do an all mail ballot/voting...there is no indication that they are more likely to have voter fraud than any other state.  This line between "requesting" and having one mailed to you is silly town. 

Weird that voter fraud never became an issue until Dems and minorities start taking more seats and the population majority.  Remember those 3 million illegal votes in California...or the alleged buses to NH?  Another excuse to complain about a result that one does not agree with.

Meanwhile, are you outraged about gerrymandering, Trump efforts to hinder the census, and GOP measures to reduce voting?  If you care about voter's right/fraud that much, shouldn't you be much more worried about those things?  I love how GOP supporters go find the isolated incidents to prove their point but then say thing like police brutality is not real. 

As far as the postal service thing, USPS was doing just fine until the GOP decided that it had to fund its pension for the next 75 years but then denied to the right to control postage.  Then COVID hit, which made the deficit funding issues even worse. 

USPS was already experiencing issues before the new Postmaster came on board, who then proceeded to cut overtime and to shut down/slow delivery.  This combined with Trump's attacks on mail-in-ballots makes it hard to see how it would not be political.
https://www.businessinsider.com/us-...g-crisis-mail-election-trump-explainer-2020-8

Soylent Green Is People said:
@Irvinehomeowner

We agree that vote by mail is an acceptable way to cast your ballot.

Where we do not agree (evidently) is that I believe the Absentee process works, but some believe sending out millions of ballots to a long corrupt voter registration database is a good idea.

It is not.

The USPS can handle Absentee ballots. They say they can handle the flood of mail out ballots. I'd rather accept the devil I know than the one I do not. Perhaps you'll agree?

My .02c

They literally said they could not

Anticipating an avalanche of absentee ballots, the U.S. Postal Service recently sent detailed letters to 46 states and D.C. warning that it cannot guarantee all ballots cast by mail for the November election will arrive in time to be counted ? adding another layer of uncertainty ahead of the high-stakes presidential contest.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...bf3c3c-dcc7-11ea-8051-d5f887d73381_story.html

morekaos said:
What about vote harvesters? Let?s say I pick up 200 ballots for the elderly and conveniently loose the votes I don?t like and turn in only the ones I agree with? Who?s to know? That practice is legal in California and there is no oversight.

I guess you can just add in those 3 million illegal voters that cost Trump the popular vote in 2016.

Soylent Green Is People said:
@Irvinehomeowner

An out of date voter registration list is immaterial to in-person voting and absentee balloting.

In person - 1 vote. Could that person be registered elsewhere? Sure. That kind of vote fraud is very easy to scan for.
https://www.latimes.com/california/...-voting-in-three-elections-as-his-dead-mother

Absentee - Request ballot, complete, return. 1 vote. Could someone request absentee AND vote in person? Sure. That's also very easy to scan for.

The alternative the D's want is to send every registered voter (not screened, not verified....just someone on a list) a ballot. We've seen piles of mis-mailed ballots sent to people who no longer live at a home or apartment complex. It is an opportunity to "vote for someone else on behalf of someone else"? Of course it is.

Certainly we should all be against this opportunity for fraud.

Nancy on Friday: OMG THE USPS IS WORKING ON BEHALF OF TRUMP, ENDANGERING OUR DEMOCRACY BY REMOVING MAILBOXES

USPS on Friday: Um... kinda like the 44,000 boxes we removed during the Obama Biden administration?

Nancy on Monday: USPS MUST BE PAID 25 BILLION TO DEFEND AGAINST BAD ORANGE MAN,

USPS Monday: We're able to do our job. We don't need the money.

USPS today: OK, we'll halt all previously approved business plans until the election is over.

Nancy today: OMG THE REPUBLIC IS SAVED

USPS - What about that $25 Billion you offered?

Nancy: LALALALALALALLAAL I CAN'T HEAR YOU

That's the state of the debate now. Blegh.

Wait...how does this even work?  How do you send a register voter a vote unless he or she is already on a voter roll? 

Pelosi and Dems don't actually make any of those claims...some random internet people do.  Dems want funding for USPS to ensure properly delivery of mail (including ballots) and to save USPS during the pandemic.  USPS is actually a service that is constitutionally required.

Oh USPS did ask for the money: 

It?s a difficult operating environment, to say the least. The USPS, for its part, is grateful for federal support but says it could need more.

?The Postal Service remains concerned that this measure will be insufficient to enable the Postal Service to withstand the significant downturn in our business that could directly result from the pandemic,? a post office representative told Barron?s in an emailed statement. ?Under a worst-case scenario, such downturn could result in the Postal Service having insufficient liquidity to continue operations.?
https://www.marketwatch.com/article...he-cares-act-it-needs-the-support-51585489596

The new postmaster only stopped because he was forced to go to the House to justify the moves.  No one thinks the Republic is "saved"...just less damaged. 

Dems are still pressing for more measure re USPS...
https://www.npr.org/2020/08/19/9037...ut-democrats-press-for-answers-and-assurances

Why is supporting the USPS a partisan thing anyways?

Wait...how does this even work?  How do you send a register voter a vote unless he or she is already on a voter roll?

My daughter moved to AZ over a decade ago. She continued to be registered to vote in CA the entire time at our last house.

Hubby never moved his registration, so he just showed up to vote at the old polling place and our daughter was still on the rolls to vote in CA.

I imagine she will get a ballot at that house. Who knows if it will be mailed back.

The lack of critical thinking here is almost stunning. 
Literally the only proven occurrence of this was two years ago in North Carolina, and it was done by the republicans.

morekaos said:

Ready2Downsize said:

My daughter moved to AZ over a decade ago. She continued to be registered to vote in CA the entire time at our last house.

Hubby never moved his registration, so he just showed up to vote at the old polling place and our daughter was still on the rolls to vote in CA.

I imagine she will get a ballot at that house. Who knows if it will be mailed back.

But that would be no different had she registered to be an absentee voter.

freedomcm said:
The lack of critical thinking here is almost stunning. 
Literally the only proven occurrence of this was two years ago in North Carolina, and it was done by the republicans.

morekaos said:

Oh and Donald Trump

Trump submitted the Florida primary ballot by giving it to a third party to return, a spokesperson for the Palm Beach elections supervisor confirmed to NPR on Wednesday. Republicans often derisively refer to sending in a ballot this way as "ballot harvesting," and it's something Trump has criticized.
https://www.npr.org/2020/08/19/903886567/trump-while-attacking-mail-voting-casts-mail-ballot-again

Okay they need to harvest the ballots.

Open the ballots.

Check the ballots.

Sort the ballots.

Trash the opposition party ballots.

Put the ?good? ballots back.

Reseal the envelope

Make sure the envelope doesn?t show the obvious tampering.

Now deliver the partisan ballots.

As Giorgio Tsoukalos says ? isn?t it possible?

Truth is here in California on the national level, who cares?  I am happy to stipulate Biden gets all our electoral votes...cheating or no cheating.  However on the local level I don't like the results.  In Long Beach for example, Measure A, a sales tax extension to fund Police and fire, was losing on election night by 5-6000 votes. Well after 3 months of counting, and finding a box of votes in the trunk of a car parked at CSLB the tax increase passed by 16 votes...Amazing.

In a press statement, LBRC said it recently took the lead on the recount of Long Beach Measure A, an extension of the city sales tax which was initially failing on election night and on all subsequent count updates, until the very last day for certification of the vote, last March 27th. On that date, Measure A was certified as having passed with a bare 16-vote margin out of approximately one hundred thousand votes cast.

Last week California Globe reported on the Election Integrity Project?s recent report to the California Secretary of State which found:

Over 458,000 California registrants who have likely died or moved will be mailed ballots. These registrants have not voted or updated their registrations since November 2008 or prior. Though likely deceased or relocated, they remain classified as ?active? status.
Almost 178,000 have never voted.
Almost 2,000 have birthdates indicating they are 105+ years old.
Over 38,000 Californians appear to have more than one voter registration.
24,000 of them will be mailed two or more ballots under an all-mail scenario, because they have more than one active registration each.

https://californiaglobe.com/section-2/long-beach-reform-coalition-files-suit-against-la-co-registrar-dean-logan/

morekaos said:
Truth is here in California on the national level, who cares?  I am happy to stipulate Biden gets all our electoral votes...cheating or no cheating.  However on the local level I don't like the results.  In Long Beach for example, Measure A, a sales tax extension to fund Police and fire, was losing on election night by 5-6000 votes. Well after 3 months of counting, and finding a box of votes in the trunk of a car parked at CSLB the tax increase passed by 16 votes...Amazing.

In a press statement, LBRC said it recently took the lead on the recount of Long Beach Measure A, an extension of the city sales tax which was initially failing on election night and on all subsequent count updates, until the very last day for certification of the vote, last March 27th. On that date, Measure A was certified as having passed with a bare 16-vote margin out of approximately one hundred thousand votes cast.

Last week California Globe reported on the Election Integrity Project?s recent report to the California Secretary of State which found:

Over 458,000 California registrants who have likely died or moved will be mailed ballots. These registrants have not voted or updated their registrations since November 2008 or prior. Though likely deceased or relocated, they remain classified as ?active? status.
24,000 of them will be mailed two or more ballots under an all-mail scenario, because they have more than one active registration each.

https://californiaglobe.com/section-2/long-beach-reform-coalition-files-suit-against-la-co-registrar-dean-logan/

Right...it's all a giant conspiracy to take down the white man. 

Irvinecommuter said:
morekaos said:

Right...it's all a giant conspiracy to take down the white man. 

Might be! >:D

Back