The 2020 Presidential Election

Soylent Green Is People said:
Stone is a tool - personally - but also a tool useful to the Left to bludgeon POTUS over what is turning out to be something as close to a Coup D'etat we will ever see in our lifetime. That is the stuff of a Banana Republic, my friend, not a commutation from prison of a convicted felon.

This is where I fundamentally disagree. They are both stuff of a Banana Republic. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I think we had a similar disagreement before about Senators corruption & insider trading. It shouldn't matter whether they have a D or a R next to their name.

Using what the Left does wrong to defend Trump's misdeeds is a logical fallacy. You can always find something else but does that really justify Trump's mistakes? Or does it just make Trump's behavior more palatable?

SGIP, I find you to be very reasonable but your Trump defense, much like your refusal to give NSR a # on COVID, strikes me as a cop out.

True - two wrongs do not make a right, however not all wrongs are equal in scope. If you believe that a commutation of a prison sentence and NOT a blanket pardon is just as heinous as a near coup d'?tat, perhaps your sense of outrange could use a bit of refocusing.

I provided a number/answer on false COVID-19 claims - they are unknowable at this time. The theory that these things never happened, that it's all made up as anti-mask hysteria is the stuff of fools. All you have to do is look for it.

What hasn't been answered? Are all current COVID-19 fatalities 100+ caused by COVID-19? Can that statistic be shown as infallible? If so, please do so. The ball remains in your court.

My .02c

True - two wrongs do not make a right, however not all wrongs are equal in scope. If you believe that a commutation of a prison sentence and NOT a blanket pardon is just as heinous as a near coup d'?tat, perhaps your sense of outrange could use a bit of refocusing.

There's really no outrage.

And I completely disagree on the need to refocus. Let's just stay on point about Stone and Law & Order since it's was the entirety of my post you originally responded to.

Regardless of how you want to spin / refocus / expand the focal point, a commutation (NOT a blanket pardon) still allows Stone to avoid prison, avoid paying fines, and even avoid probation. More importantly,  President Trump circumvented the justice system in a case directly tied to himself.

As someone who actually believes in Law & Order, it's been amusing to see my Republican friends bend their moral compass to make this palatable.

Kenkoko said:

There's really no outrage.

And I completely disagree on the need to refocus. Let's just stay on point about Stone and Law & Order since it's was the entirety of my post you originally responded to.

Regardless of how you want to spin / refocus / expand the focal point, a commutation (NOT a blanket pardon) still allows Stone to avoid prison, avoid paying fines, and even avoid probation. More importantly,  President Trump circumvented the justice system in a case directly tied to himself.

As someone who actually believes in Law & Order, it's been amusing to see my Republican friends bend their moral compass to make this palatable.

Take the small joy you can in the commutation.  Someone on the President's staff or legal team had to explain to him why he could not pardon Stone.

They probably just lied to him and said they're really the same, but they're not. 

Doesn?t surprise me one bit. From over extending executive powers to lift convicted felon off the hooks ?friends? to absurd accusations of unproven voter frauds and fear mongering. Now delay voting. Wow, we are not the United States if this is allow. Everything is in the shiat  holes already, so might as well throw in the election as well.

irvinehomeowner said:
Heh... somebody wants to delay the election... if wars won't delay previous elections... I doubt this one will get delayed.

Congress only has the right to delay election per the constitution.
However, Dictraitor Trump wants to delay the election by himself.

Well, that throws it. Biden picked somebody who doesn?t bring a thing but baggage to the ticket, heck she doesn?t even deliver any electoral votes since Cali is not even a factor. How will they bury this?

Harris: 'I believe' Biden accusers

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) said Tuesday that she believes women who say they felt uncomfortable after receiving unwanted touching from former Vice President Joe Biden.

"I believe them and I respect them being able to tell their story and having the courage to do it," Harris said at a presidential campaign event in Nevada.
[url]https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/437107-harris-i-believe-biden-accusers
[/url]

He just nominated Janice from ?Friends? for President. This ticket is a loser...Trump 2020!!

https://youtu.be/FrBFfjdRGeA

https://youtu.be/FrBFfjdRGeA

...well this won?t go over well with the identity politics crowd, which is supposed to be the strong suit she brings to the ticket...doomed!!

According to Harris? father Donald Harris, a retired Stanford University economics professor, the Harris family descends from a 19th-century slave owner, Hamilton Brown.

?My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (n?e Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner and founder of Brown?s Town) and to my maternal grandmother Miss Iris (n?e Iris Finegan, farmer and educator, from Aenon Town and Inverness, ancestry unknown to me). The Harris name comes from my paternal grandfather Joseph Alexander Harris, land-owner and agricultural ?produce? exporter?? Harris allegedly wrote in an article for Jamaica Global, according to Snopes.

Brown owned multiple plantations throughout the 19th-century, even going so far as to say slaves were ?comfortable? in Jamaica, according to a pamphlet from 1832 entitled ?Three months in Jamaica? that documented life on sugar plantations. Brown also advocated against the abolition of slavery, per Snopes.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kamala-harris-ancestor-slaves/

Voters need to ask themselves if they are willing to make Kamela Harris President, given the inevitable use of the 25th amendment in 2021.

My .02c

Voters need to ask themselves if they are willing to make Kamela Harris President, given the inevitable use of the 25th amendment in 2021.

My .02c

If the 25th has not been invoked for Trump...I doubt it will be invoked for Biden.  Let us not forget that Reagan had Alzheimer's basically the last two years of his presidency and no one seemed to care.

Biden has a lot of verbal gaffes but he is sharp enough to last 4 years. 

One of these things is not like the other.

Trump was almost "25th" not because of health reasons. That's push was very early on into his Presidency when it was "Russia Russia Russia" He's still able to form a clear thought, speak impromptu, and function. Whether you agree with his politics or not is another story.

Reagan had early onset Alzheimer's diagnosed and admitted to in the 90's. Review any non-partisan or Right of Center data and you'll find little to no evidence of incapacity at the end of his Presidency. People hated Reagan as they hate Trump today and are willing to say anything to make either of them look bad.

Biden has clear issues manifesting almost every time he's off script. I know we've seen very, very little of the man "in the wild" since February. Once out of his scripted zone we'll see if he's functional or not. Its way too early to tell, but what's been seen lately should give us pause. Remember - if you or I suggested that a POC reporter was using crack, as Biden did recently, we would be freshening up our LinkedIn profile right now. Not Ol' Joe though...

My .02c

One of these things is not like the other.

Trump was almost "25th" not because of health reasons. That's push was very early on into his Presidency when it was "Russia Russia Russia" He's still able to form a clear thought, speak impromptu, and function. Whether you agree with his politics or not is another story.

Reagan had early onset Alzheimer's diagnosed and admitted to in the 90's. Review any non-partisan or Right of Center data and you'll find little to no evidence of incapacity at the end of his Presidency. People hated Reagan as they hate Trump today and are willing to say anything to make either of them look bad.

Biden has clear issues manifesting almost every time he's off script. I know we've seen very, very little of the man "in the wild" since February. Once out of his scripted zone we'll see if he's functional or not. Its way too early to tell, but what's been seen lately should give us pause. Remember - if you or I suggested that a POC reporter was using crack, as Biden did recently, we would be freshening up our LinkedIn profile right now. Not Ol' Joe though...

My .02c

If you are using "verbal gaffes" and "off camera issues" as indicators...I can guarantee you that Trump is significantly more problematic than Biden.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...mendment-used-remove-trump-office/1012979001/

Biden has not ventured out much because he is trying to portray a contrary POV from Trump.  Cautious, deliberate, and staying in shelter. 

Biden just went through 11 debates in the Dem Primary over 7 months.  He was just fine.
https://apnews.com/bf4ab21ed0e509ce4fa49c3e05a67202

Back