The 2020 Presidential Election

20K job gain in February...probably a blip on the screen but worth noting. 

No deal with China, NK restarting missile program, slowing economy...doesn't look great for Trump 2020 but it's still very far away from November 2020.

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm going to pull a morekaos and predict that Trump will *not* win in 2020.

Or I'm moving to Canada.

If Trump gets re-elected in 2020...there is a non-zero chances that United States will invade Canada.

irvinehomeowner said:

Or I'm moving to Canada.

You're on!  I think he will win, and possibly by more than people think.

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Or I'm moving to Canada.

Sure you do...you thought the Dems lost the midterm election too.

I'll stick with the premise I pushed prior to the last presidential election.

Perspective said:
morekaos said:
We shall surely see in short order. I have said since the start of Trumps run that he significantly under polls. His candidacy now depends on that.  Its been my experience, (and i deal with people all over the country), that most are hesitant to admit publicly that they are voting for this guy.  However, Quite a few privately say they will. We will find out if its enough in a few weeks.

Now you're using anecdotes to prove dozens of scientific polls by many different pollsters are wrong.

morekaos said:

Perspective said:
morekaos said:
We shall surely see in short order. I have said since the start of Trumps run that he significantly under polls. His candidacy now depends on that.  Its been my experience, (and i deal with people all over the country), that most are hesitant to admit publicly that they are voting for this guy.  However, Quite a few privately say they will. We will find out if its enough in a few weeks.

Now you're using anecdotes to prove dozens of scientific polls by many different pollsters are wrong.

piggybacking on this - it's still taboo to support the president in public.  all your precious polls will ring even more false than the last time  >:D

Kings said:
morekaos said:

Perspective said:
morekaos said:

piggybacking on this - it's still taboo to support the president in public.  all your precious polls will ring even more false than the last time  >:D

You keeping feeding this narrative that the polls were wrong...polls were exactly on point...Hillary won the popular vote by 2 to 3 points...only issue was the EC.  Trump won because of about 107K votes in 3 states.

That's not how it was perceived then. Not much was learned by your side so I suspect the same outcome.

Perspective said:
Let's not confuse national polls with probability of winning the electoral college and therefore becoming President. The latter is still showing a ~74% chance Clinton would be the next President, if the election were held today.
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Trump's probability has doubled from ~13% a couple weeks ago to ~26% today! I'm guessing his low energy odd photo op with the Mexican President yesterday, followed immediately by his HIGH energy bombastic contradictory speech in AZ last night might cause his poll numbers some pain.

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Or I'm moving to Canada.

Dang. Need to practice my "aboot"s and "hoser"s and get some toonies to buy tons of poutine.

Irvinecommuter said:
Kings said:
morekaos said:

Perspective said:
morekaos said:

You keeping feeding this narrative that the polls were wrong...polls were exactly on point...Hillary won the popular vote by 2 to 3 points...only issue was the EC.  Trump won because of about 107K votes in 3 states.

whatever helps you sleep at night  :)

irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Or I'm moving to Canada.

Dang. Need to practice my "aboot"s and "hoser"s and get some toonies to buy tons of poutine.

i'll believe it when i see it  ;D

20 Stars Who Pledged to Flee the Country If Trump Was Elected: Where Are They Now?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/20-stars-who-pledged-flee-country-trump-was-elected-are-they-945888

(spoiler: they all still live in america)

Who would have ever thought that to differentiate yourself a Dem candidate would have to openly declare they are a capitalist?....keep on eating yourselves guys..Trump 2020!!

Beto O'Rourke is running for president. Like Obama, he has sought the middle ground on policy ? while his Democratic rivals veer to the left
Despite O'Rourke's status as the darling of grassroots liberal activists and college kids, his positions look a lot like Barack Obama's, which would put him to the right of much of the Democratic 2020 field.
Plenty of prominent voices on the left regard O'Rourke's moderate voting record and his reluctance to vilify Wall Street as fatal flaws.
"I'm a capitalist. I don't see how we're able to meet any of the fundamental challenges that we have as a country without, in part, harnessing the power of the market," O'Rourke recently told reporters.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/14/beto-orourke-is-running-for-president-echoes-obama-seeking-middle-ground.html

I really want the Democratic candidates to start talking about addressing the cancer of white supremacist terrorism at some point .  Looks like Trump has become the messiah to all these right wing nut jobs across the globe (?good people on both sides?).

fortune11 said:
I really want the Democratic candidates to start talking about addressing the cancer of white supremacist terrorism at some point .  Looks like Trump has become the messiah to all these right wing nut jobs across the globe (?good people on both sides?).

+1. Ditto, there is so much hates going on right now.

Compressed-Village said:
fortune11 said:

+1. Ditto, there is so much hates going on right now.

And our piece of shit president can?t bring himself to condemn white supremacy after Charlottesville and even after the horrors of this week.  The New Zealand Prime ministers response shows what a leader of all people, not just the rabid base, looks like.

I can totally sympathize w eyephone?s prior comments now. 

Morekaos ? Don?t make this forum your personal project of hate and racism.  Get a life elsewhere.  You may think you are immune yourself but someday you could be at the recieving end of hate from a white supermacist and then you will realize.

Again, you have missed the point. That was a nationally mainstream story. My point is it?s absurd to blame Chelsea Clinton, President Trump or anyone for this tragedy.  Blame the douche bag that did it. Even Don Jr. defended Chelsea.

Don Jr defends Chelsea after students blamed HER for mosques attack

https://mol.im/a/6817009

I can't find any comments anywhere from American gun nuts explaining how New Zealand?s tragedy couldn't have happened if everyone in the mosques had been armed.
Hmm ... Can't think why

Back