Tesla

Never step in the way of a speeding train.  There will be plenty of opportunity for that, but now is not the time.

morekaos said:
Never step in the way of a speeding train.  There will be plenty of opportunity for that, but now is not the time.
Yup, it's definitely a favored momentum stock in the moment....not a good time to short.  Wait until they warn or miss earnings, then it'll be time to short.

where the materials are sourced for the electric Fiat 500

The Fiat 500e electrical motor and battery systems were developed by Bosch. I think Fiat knew an Italian designed/engineered electric car would have had even worse mechanical reliability than your average Alfa ...

Up in smoke...one way to increase your carbon footprint

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101082077

Model S catches fire?in the wrong way

Video of a Tesla Model S on fire in Washington state is raising questions about what caused the electric car to go up in flames. The driver was able to get out of the car before the fire spread to engulf much of the front-end.

Tesla shares had been under pressure earlier in the day on a downgrade by Baird Equity Research, which shifted its rating on TSLA to neutral from outperform. Analyst Ben Kallo made the call based on the stock's valuation.

In a research note, Kallo wrote that any "hiccups in execution present stock price risk in the near to intermediate term." Baird's call is one of the few downgrades for a stock that has soared 507 percent in the last year.

That does it!  I will never, ever buy a car that has mere thin sheetmetal shielding its batteries from puncture, and will forevermore be sticking to vehicles that have thin sheetmetal shielding gallons of highly flammable liquid from puncture (normally located just inches above a very hot exhaust pipe).  In fact, I've got my eye on a low-miles Pinto right down the road.

morekaos said:
Up in smoke...one way to increase your carbon footprint

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101082077

Model S catches fire?in the wrong way

Video of a Tesla Model S on fire in Washington state is raising questions about what caused the electric car to go up in flames. The driver was able to get out of the car before the fire spread to engulf much of the front-end.

Tesla shares had been under pressure earlier in the day on a downgrade by Baird Equity Research, which shifted its rating on TSLA to neutral from outperform. Analyst Ben Kallo made the call based on the stock's valuation.

In a research note, Kallo wrote that any "hiccups in execution present stock price risk in the near to intermediate term." Baird's call is one of the few downgrades for a stock that has soared 507 percent in the last year.

"The car's alert system signaled a problem and instructed the driver to pull over safely, which he did..."

What kinda alert did it play?

Get Out!  You're gonna die! 

Is it too late to get your down payment back?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-tanking-173520052.html

Tesla Is Tanking

Tesla is down as much as 7% today to $125.79.

This is well down from the Sept. 30 closing high of $193.37.

The stock has been taking a beating on numerous reports of Model S fires. The company also missed analyst expectations on vehicle deliveries in its Q3 earnings report.

Last week three Tesla employees were injured by hot metal after a low-pressure aluminum casting press malfunctioned.

Deutsche Bank's Dan Galves has previously said that "there has understandably been significant profit-taking over the last few weeks by investors that have made substantial returns over the last 6 months."

Now law firm Wohl & Fruchter is investigating the electric auto maker on concerns about the quality of its earnings. From the press release:

"The law firm of Wohl & Fruchter LLP is investigating potential federal securities law claims against officers and directors of Tesla Motors, Inc. (Tesla) (TSLA) in connection with alleged violations by Tesla of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) rules governing the disclosure of financial metrics that do not comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)."

morekaos said:
Is it too late to get your down payment back?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-tanking-173520052.html

Tesla Is Tanking

Tesla is down as much as 7% today to $125.79.

This is well down from the Sept. 30 closing high of $193.37.

The stock has been taking a beating on numerous reports of Model S fires. The company also missed analyst expectations on vehicle deliveries in its Q3 earnings report.

Last week three Tesla employees were injured by hot metal after a low-pressure aluminum casting press malfunctioned.

Deutsche Bank's Dan Galves has previously said that "there has understandably been significant profit-taking over the last few weeks by investors that have made substantial returns over the last 6 months."

Now law firm Wohl & Fruchter is investigating the electric auto maker on concerns about the quality of its earnings. From the press release:

"The law firm of Wohl & Fruchter LLP is investigating potential federal securities law claims against officers and directors of Tesla Motors, Inc. (Tesla) (TSLA) in connection with alleged violations by Tesla of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) rules governing the disclosure of financial metrics that do not comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)."

:-X

Tyler Durden said:
sounds like it is time to buy that stock.

it will be OK.  they are well capitalized and have a partnership in place with Daimler Benz to supply technology.

Just can't wait to get my cah! ugh!

Homie... I forget, did you order the Gull Wing or just an S?

If you get the X, you really need to show up at ball so I can drool over it.

irvinehomeowner said:
Homie... I forget, did you order the Gull Wing or just an S?

If you get the X, you really need to show up at ball so I can drool over it.

Yes we are getting the X... I'll drop by when I get it!

and how much will we ultimately lose on Tesla?

[size=18pt]Taxpayers lose $139 million on Fisker Automotive loan[/size]

Happy Thanksgiving from the Obama administration. The Energy Department has sold off its $192 million loan guarantee to Fisker Automotive to Chinese billionaire Richard Li for $25 million ? the biggest taxpayer loss on a green loan since the failure of Solyndra.

The Energy Department will announce the ?selling of the promissory note? to Hybrid Tech, which is owned by Chinese billionaire Richard Li, according to sources familiar with the sale. The DOE sold the loan to Li for $25 million after lending the financially troubled green automaker a total of $192 million since 2009.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/22/taxpayers-lose-139-million-on-fisker-automotive-loan/#ixzz2lU8V6ffP

If your driving your Tesla playing Big Sean with Miley C. "Fire" song. You see another car scream fire, it's not for the song - it maybe because your car is on fire!!!

Back