Tesla Cybertruck

I really wanted one but a truck format is impractical for this stage of my life. I would get a truck as a 2nd car but I'm not a baller like other TIers.

Starts at $60,990 and that model not available until 2025.

So no $40k and Musk was bagging on Lightning for being overpriced.

1701378590328.png

Don’t you think your gardener will be driving a $100,000.00 cyberbeast sometime soon?😂😂😂🦄🌈

Last edited:
Did anyone catch the livestream? He just took a bite out of Porsche's brand value by showing the CT beating a 911 while hauling a 911. 0-60 in 2.6! And a true 17' clearance with no differential hanging down means it's also the premier offroader, and dent resitant from ultra hard SS.

Did anyone catch the livestream? He just took a bite out of Porsche's brand value by showing the CT beating a 911 while hauling a 911. 0-60 in 2.6! And a true 17' clearance with no differential hanging down means it's also the premier offroader, and dent resitant from ultra hard SS.
I'm sure all Porsche owners are now rushing to buy one 😂

Are we still at the stage of being impressed to discover that electric car accelerate faster than ICE?

I'm sure all Porsche owners are now rushing to buy one 😂

Are we still at the stage of being impressed to discover that electric car accelerate faster than ICE?
duh - it's the intentional usage of the 911, a car that used to be the natural choice when you got to the point in your life when you could afford a really cool car but now competes with multiple Tesla models

As Musk was passing along the vehicle to the owners, I noticed there wasn't much in the way of finger print or smudges on the doors when opened/closed during the hand off. It remains to be seen how the dirt and oils may impact the SS body work... I'd love to see it rust, not as a slam against the vehicle, but a rusty car has a nice patina to it. Shows it's been used for it's created purpose.

It's success will all be about the fit and finish after 30-45 days of use. If these things creak and tweak as much as what we've seen in the pre-production models, I'd guess this truck's days will be numbered. During the livestream it seemed as if the front wheels are going to scrape against the side panels if there's any sort of dip in the road, or if an atypical American BMI sized owner is sitting in the front seat. I'd wait until 2025 to see how these things hold up and what kind of modifications you can do (overhead lights, lift kits, etc)

I like unusual cars. It takes chutzpah to build them and the Cybertruck has that in spades.

duh - it's the intentional usage of the 911, a car that used to be the natural choice when you got to the point in your life when you could afford a really cool car but now competes with multiple Tesla models
I am still having trouble understanding your point, Teslas now compete with Porsche solely because of their acceleration/speed? To me that's a little light, I don't see many people telling themselves I was going to buy a 911 but instead I will save money and buy a Model S Plaid.

I am still having trouble understanding your point, Teslas now compete with Porsche solely because of their acceleration/speed? To me that's a little light, I don't see many people telling themselves I was going to buy a 911 but instead I will save money and buy a Model S Plaid.
Plaid and 911 are close in price though useless options drive up the 911. I have an M3P which speed and handling-wise beats a 911, even on the track (track mode is so rad!) and for $60K - a stupid value that smart people have gravitated to. I've used this anecdote before - when I moved to SV in 2007 911s were ubiquitous, whereas now Teslas of all manner are ubiquitous and I see as more Ferraris and resto-mod classic muscle cars than 911s these days. I had one for 4 days on a golf trip and it gave me a headache and made it hard to hear the music which I guess is why they get you to pony up $6K for the Bermeister audio.

doesn't have to be mutually exclusive, neighbor has a 911, and also a tesla, like ^ mentioned, the options with porsche are ridiculous imo... look at the configuration on a new one, options alone can buy you a new car...

doesn't have to be mutually exclusive, neighbor has a 911, and also a tesla, like ^ mentioned, the options with porsche are ridiculous imo... look at the configuration on a new one, options alone can buy you a new car...

Porsche is a la carte but you need to be smart about picking your as some are "must-haves" and most are a complete waste, the key is to get the "must-have" options and limit the useless ones.

Back