Stonegate information page is now up with 4 new neighborhoods!

fishfinder333 said:
It looks like TIC raised the starting prices from low 6's to mid 6's for san marcos. What are they thinking?

I just don't know.  Las Ventanas at mid 6?  It's just too good to be true at this point...especially if TIC is doing this for a good reason...

I think Las Ventanas is going to start higher... a friend's hairdresser's dogsitter's chiropractor told me that when they last asked them about pricing... they were not as sure about that mid-$600k start price as they were a few months ago.

I was able to check out Capistrano... the sales people seemed a bit distant. I asked about San Marcos and San Remo being similar and they told me that they know as much as I do. I have in-person confirmation that the master closets in Plan 2 and Plan 3 are small (Plan 1 was somewhat decent). In fact, the Plan 3 master closet is not only too small for my clothes... but too small for me to walk into it.

They are nice inside and actually feel pretty big downstairs... but the rooms and master felt small (except for Plan 2 which made the upstairs feel larger with the loft option).

I dunno if these are going to sell for much more at Stonegate and if this is what they are planning for San Remo at $700k+... bleh.

Went by SG today around 4pm to check out construction.  The natural gas type smell was pretty strong.  I guess the SG school didn't allow kids to go outside during the afternoon because of the gas.  I wonder if they hit a pipe during construction or what??

Starlight East said:
fishfinder333 said:
It looks like TIC raised the starting prices from low 6's to mid 6's for san marcos. What are they thinking?

In addition to that, Maricopa Plan 3 seems to have changed from low 900K to mid 900K.

I told you in IHO's poll that the prices were too low!
It's almost shocking that they keep inching up the prices as their sales of their remaining 2010 collection has slowed down.  When you see those 2010 collection homes hit MLS and the builders offering broker co-ops, that is a sign of a sales slowdown. 

Maybe they'll inch up the price towards a cool million. Can you imagine that? Telling people you spent a cool million to live in the ultra exclusive Stonegate?  ;)

Decided to drive around the new home developments today, we got on the 133s from the 405s and drove by Laguna Altura.  It is very close to the freeway, noise will definetly be a concern.  Don't know what kind of sound barriers will be in place, possible fire danger in the surround hills?  Alot of construction traffic, couldn't drive into the area.  We then proceeded north on the 133 to the 5 and exited on Sand Canyon. 

We drove into Stonegate and it felt just like another Woodbury.  Maricopa's models are up, still couldn't drive in there.  Alot of construction around the central park area, kids were playing outside in the elementary school.  After visiting Laguna Altura, we're leaning a little towards SG now.  The nearby school and low traffic noise is a definite plus for our family with a 2 year old.  We can definitely picture ourselves in SG more.  It is also closer to the shops/restaurants we already frequent.  I hope the mello roos/property tax will be 1.5% like Woodbury, and no dual associations.  For the same price I can get a SFR in SG instead of a detached condo in Laguna Altura...  Not a fan of the floorplans but what choice do I have? 

I just can't get past the fact that pricing starts in the high 700's to even get a driveway.  In my experience, as families grow and children get older, the typical household will have more than 2 cars.  I can already envision a street parking nightmare (if not now, 10-15 years from now).  I've already seen this firsthand in other condo communities in which the homes dont have driveways.

I live in a CalPac detached condo and despite the lack of driveway, has had no major issues with neighbors.  Maybe I'm lucky where our neighbors actually park both cars in their garages.  Our association even wants us to tell them if we have packrat neighbors that park their cars outside when their garage is full of junk.  Only on weekends when everybody is home and we plan to have a ton of guests over do we have parking issues.  But that would be an issue for everyone. 

What a big fuss over a driveway.  That 20'x10' is the hottest piece of property in Irvine.  Adds about $100,000 to your property.  TIC is creating demand by limiting houses with driveways..  At least you won't have neighbors that park their RVs in their driveways (drive thru El Camino). 

Patrick Star said:
Post deleted.
I knew I should have quoted that post for posterity... boo on my counter-8 skills.
Nobody here cares what happens outside of WoodPortolaStoneAltura.
I can always live my 3CWG view lot vicariously through you.
Carry on giving Barb and Dan their free focus group. 
To Barb and Dan: Bring back the 3CWG please... and throw in a driveway while you are at it.

I was told at the San Marino Sales Gallery the date would be April 9.

The emails from TIC indicate March... so I'm not sure.

I remember an email saying something about March as well (might have been for priority registration). Talked to the builder on the phone and they said within the next 90 days, which isn't very helpful.

ucla bruin said:
I remember an email saying something about March as well (might have been for priority registration). Talked to the builder on the phone and they said within the next 90 days, which isn't very helpful.
You mean you talked to TIC.  ;)

Haha yea I guess so. How do you feel about Irvine Pacific as a builder? Quality? I've exhausted all my options and am hoping Stonegate will be it for me  :-\

Btw, priority registration starts tomorrow for Stonegate for those interested.

Back