Stonegate information page is now up with 4 new neighborhoods!

shadax

http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-and-Residences/Stonegate.aspx

1 - Santa Clara
Coming Soon
Irvine Pacific
1,129 - 1,322 Sq. Ft.
From the Mid $300,000's
Tel: 800-677-9598

2 - San Mateo
Coming Soon
Irvine Pacific
1,636 - 1,818 Sq. Ft.
From the Mid $500,000's

3 - San Marcos
Coming Soon
Irvine Pacific
1,824 - 2,066 Sq. Ft.
From the Low $600,000's

4 - Maricopa
Coming Soon
Irvine Pacific
2,262 - 2,974 Sq. Ft.
From the High $700,000's

Looks like San Mateo and San Marcos are more of the same...much like Los Altos/Capistrano.

*edit* Except one thing here:  The "sidewalk" was made out of pavers in SGE but it is white in these renderings.  In some photos it looks like white sidewalk while in others it looks like gutter.  If they took away the "sidewalk", that would be a shame.  What do you guys think?

residence-MARICOPA-3B-Scheme13-medium.jpg

http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-And-Residences/Stonegate-Floorplan.aspx?type=home&Id=258

What you think of the Maricopa Plan 3 optional Master Suite with a connecting door to the Master Bedroom and its own separate entrance from the hall?

Why would the builder do that? They already offer an optional Master Retreat and optional bedroom at the bonus room.

Possible uses would include:
1) Private Master Retreat (given the door)
2) Great for an adjoining baby room
3)?

That is a weird setup. Could also be an in-law suite... or maybe if you're like tenmagnet, mistress suite?

Plan 3 lost me at the downstairs laundry... put it upstairs!

iacrenter said:

http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-And-Residences/Stonegate-Floorplan.aspx?type=home&Id=258

What you think of the Maricopa Plan 3 optional Master Suite with a connecting door to the Master Bedroom and its own separate entrance from the hall?

Why would the builder do that? They already offer an optional Master Retreat and optional bedroom at the bonus room.

3)?

That gives your girlfriend/boyfriend an escape route when the wife/husband comes home early.  ;)

looking at the map it looks like there is a lot more space near jeffrey where there are no homes planned yet. does this mean there will be other builders besides irvine pacific?

They're probably hoping that sales stay brisk so they can really stick it to you on the Jeffrey side (more desirable IMO).  Same thing with Laguna Altura/Hidden Hills, and Portola Springs/Orchard Hills probably.  Sell out the Toyotas until they can start building the Lexus again.  Though I guess if they sell out Sand Canyon side of Stonegate, SGE, and PS they can always keep pumping out the lower-cost stuff at Cypress. 

I am NOT a fan of recycling floor plans though.  Seriously, they didn't learn anything from one year to the next?  I also don't see a $70k difference in value between a duplex with small backyard/no driveway and a detached condo with small backyard/no driveway (talking about Los Altos/Capistrano's new sisters).  Though I guess you could chalk up most of the difference in price to the fact that you don't have to live on a sliver of land between Sand Canyon and the 133.

I really don't think these units will sell as quickly as TIC think they will. SGE demand has slowed and with interest rates at 5% and climbing and with increased prices of these stonegate units i can see sales being slow. And i also don't see TIC  being able to raise pricing at each phase release.

i was expecting these to be priced a bit lower. with the san marcos plan 1 about the same price as sevilla plan 2 and 3, i would much rather have the 4th bedroom and be in portola.

firsttimer said:
i was expecting these to be priced a bit lower. with the san marcos plan 1 about the same price as sevilla plan 2 and 3, i would much rather have the 4th bedroom and be in portola.

This.  I like San Marcos Plan 2...it's not perfect though.  TBH I wish Van Daele would bring Sevilla to SG.  I wonder what the price difference would be if it were kept exactly the same other than the location.  then maybe I could have my Sevilla Plan 2 without needing inhalers and nebulizers in the house.

shadax said:
firsttimer said:

This.  I like San Marcos Plan 2...it's not perfect though.  TBH I wish Van Daele would bring Sevilla to SG.  I wonder what the price difference would be if it were kept exactly the same other than the location.  then maybe I could have my Sevilla Plan 2 without needing inhalers and nebulizers in the house.

Totally agree with you!  I like the Sevilla floorplans much better than the existing SG plans...I would buy one if the Sevilla was at SG for the same price range as they are now in PS. 

I expected the SG homes to be much lower in price...

I visited SGE and PS over the weekend.  I've also compared the Irvine Pacific floorplans at SGE to the new ones at SG and I noticed a difference that might put one of the new ones as my favorite.  I noticed that they switched Capistrano Plan 3 around for the San Marcos Plan 3.  The difference is not huge, but it addressed something that I didn't like when I walked through.  In Capistrano Plan 3, the you walk in the front (side) door and are smack dab in the Great Room.  It seemed a bit awkward.  In San Marcos, the kitchen is on the entry side and there is at least a small entry way.  It also makes it so the Great Room has 3 actual walls..which makes the seating arrangement much more natural IMO.  I was also informed that the sidewalks were there to stay (they said it was about a 7' buffer from the "street" and they would continue to do that).  I don't know if I'd like them better in white though, I thought the pavers looked classy.

Yes, the rear patios look large in Capistrano (and Los Altos, for that matter)...especially in comparison to the joke of a patio that was posted in another thread.  Buyer beware I guess. 

irvinehomeowner said:
That is a weird setup. Could also be an in-law suite... or maybe if you're like tenmagnet, mistress suite?

Plan 3 lost me at the downstairs laundry... put it upstairs!

Downstairs laundry isn't  that bad?  Especially with the side loaders, they tend to leak and dealing with a flood upstairs is a lot worse then a flood downstairs..  i see the convenience of it being upstairs but still no preference for me on this..  my current setup is in my garage and if water spills out or a detergent bottle tips over, it's not too bad..  what do most people prefer?

iacrenter said:

3)?

I kinda like the suite.. could be a man cave..  or a baby room.  But if I were to get this plan, I probably go for 5 bed for value.  The kitchen island is too big.  It's almost as big as bedroom 3 or 4 upstairs!  Can you even reach the middle of the island?  Hopefully they can trim the size of this a little and leave more room for a long dining table.  I have my TV wall so I'm happy..  and what happened to my California/Wok room?  They should have at least a 3 car tandem with a 5 bed.

ps99472 said:
Downstairs laundry isn't  that bad?  Especially with the side loaders, they tend to leak and dealing with a flood upstairs is a lot worse then a flood downstairs..  i see the convenience of it being upstairs but still no preference for me on this..  my current setup is in my garage and if water spills out or a detergent bottle tips over, it's not too bad..  what do most people prefer?
Let's thread that...  since jumpcut retired... it's safe to post another poll:

Laundry up or down?
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=1476.0

Looking at the SG map
stonegatemap.jpg

stonegategooglemap.jpg

The area directly above Maricopa (4) seems to be future SFRs?

NE corner are detached condos?

SE corner are built apts?

Trash truck route is up Sand Canyon, left Portola, then up Bee Canyon?  Smell the dump during Santa Ana winds?  Or maybe the freeways will dissipate the smell. 

shadax said:
I visited SGE and PS over the weekend.  I've also compared the Irvine Pacific floorplans at SGE to the new ones at SG and I noticed a difference that might put one of the new ones as my favorite.  I noticed that they switched Capistrano Plan 3 around for the San Marcos Plan 3.  The difference is not huge, but it addressed something that I didn't like when I walked through.  In Capistrano Plan 3, the you walk in the front (side) door and are smack dab in the Great Room.  It seemed a bit awkward.  In San Marcos, the kitchen is on the entry side and there is at least a small entry way.  It also makes it so the Great Room has 3 actual walls..which makes the seating arrangement much more natural IMO.  I was also informed that the sidewalks were there to stay (they said it was about a 7' buffer from the "street" and they would continue to do that).  I don't know if I'd like them better in white though, I thought the pavers looked classy.
Yeah... I want to actually go look at Capistrano now that these will most likely be the same ones going up at Altura too.

I also noticed that in the Plan 3, they isolated the master shower which I like.

I still think the master closets are too small... no place for my clothes.

Back