San Marino/Woodbury Priority Registration.. 2/23 10am.. FYI

ps99472

sanmarino.jpg

sanmarino1.jpg

sanmarino2.jpg

irvinehomeowner said:
I have the URL bookmarked.

Not.

Too expensive for me... esp with no 3-car garage.

C'mon IHO! These are going to be the last true SFR in WB--they will be classic someday. Break out the check books for $1M!!!
images

iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I have the URL bookmarked.

Not.

Too expensive for me... esp with no 3-car garage.

C'mon IHO! These are going to be the last true SFR in WB--they will be classic someday. Break out the check books for $1M!!!
images

Last chance for a driveway...

These look like a concoction of Santa Barbara, Los Altos, and Capistrano on steroids!

359y9av.jpg

a lil Santa B'

+

2s9zqcp.jpg

some Los Altoz

=

2cppcna.jpg

BOOM!  ~ 6 2 6 ~

USCTrojanCPA said:
iacrenter said:
I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but...all the elevations look pretty ugly to me. A million dollars for new construction in Irvine doesn't buy beauty.
http://www.irvinepacific.com/Woodbury/SanMarino/Landing.aspx
residence-SanMarino-1AR-medium.jpg

residence-SanMarino-2AR-medium.jpg

residence-SanMarino-3AR-medium.jpg
You notice on the renderings how close the homes are to the ones on the side and try to use a tree to block it?

I have no illusions about the postage stamp size lots for new TIC homes. Unless the sheeple demand more for their money, TIC will keep stamping them out.

I find it funny they are using floorplans for 2000-2500 sft homes in 2800-3100 sft homes.

Is there such thing as a Greater Room or a Masterer Bedroom? No second dining area or living area downstairs, no upstairs living area (save for the loft in Plan 3) or master retreat upstairs. Sure... more interior space is nice... but make it functional!

irvinehomeowner said:
I find it funny they are using floorplans for 2000-2500 sft homes in 2800-3100 sft homes.

Is there such thing as a Greater Room or a Masterer Bedroom? No second dining area or living area downstairs, no upstairs living area (save for the loft in Plan 3) or master retreat upstairs. Sure... more interior space is nice... but make it functional!

I gave up on a new house because I really like separate living/family area's downstairs. Looks there are no floor plans like these any more (except one plan in las colinas/carmel which were out of my budget range).

westirvine_loaner said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I gave up on a new house because I really like separate living/family area's downstairs. Looks there are no floor plans like these any more (except one plan in las colinas/carmel which were out of my budget range).

It is the Great Room or the highway for TIC new construction. I agree with IHO, when you start getting to the 2500sqft range, they should start offering other functional living options and not just on the Plan3s: formal dining, loft, office, etc...

Anyone go see the models Fri.?  Got a call if you're pre-approved by their BofA lender, you get a "sneak preview" of the models.  I see they have also updated their pricing.. now all floorplans are starting low $1,000,000s.  nice.  Anyone get a price sheet?

We went to San Marino yesterday just to look (no way we would spent that much) but only the Sales office was open... wouldn't let us see the models.

Phase 1 pricing for all models were over $1m but they said that subsequent phases would start in the mid to high $900ks but that struck me as strange they would make Phase 1 so high (something about being pre-plotted with upgrades already).

They also said Stonegate wouldn't be open until April but I had thought I read March somewhere.

I'm not surprised... the people who register early are the easiest to gouge... I remember the early phases of Sonoma were also higher then subsequent releases..  same reasoning "it comes with upgrades"

A little inside scope for you guys...one of my buyers signed up and got pre-approved for San Marino.  Oh man, a few days after they got their pre-approval the phone calls from the sales people started and have not stopped since.  The sales people (2 or 3 different ones) have called them EVERYDAY (my buyer doesn't pick up) asking to set up an appointment to come in and pick out their home.  My buyer is getting very annoyed and doesn't understand why they are being so pushy and annoying.

I hope you TIC lurkers are taking notes and tell your sales people to relax their pressure tactics.

USCTrojanCPA said:
A little inside scope for you guys...one of my buyers signed up and got pre-approved for San Marino.  Oh man, a few days after they got their pre-approval the phone calls from the sales people started and have not stopped since.  The sales people (2 or 3 different ones) have called them EVERYDAY (my buyer doesn't pick up) asking to set up an appointment to come in and pick out their home.  My buyer is getting very annoyed and doesn't understand why they are being so pushy and annoying.

I hope you TIC lurkers are taking notes and tell your sales people to relax their pressure tactics.

It's hard to sell over priced brand new homes when you don't have an $8,000 government pot of cheese to hand out.

Don't worry, California found a way to give you a no-price-limit $10,000 pot of government cheese if the home was brand new.

Back