Stock picks

jmoney74 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Sold $140 puts and $155 calls (weekly) on AAPL before close...I'll go long if it if the stock is below $140 on Friday EOD.  I'll be selling FB puts tomorrow...$143-145.

Cook is focus on services!  Apple will still be a powerhouse but man.. they need to jump into something that will usher us into the future.  Have more faith in Elon's companies right now.

Are you going to pick up some Tesla? It dropped after earnings.

eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Sold $140 puts and $155 calls (weekly) on AAPL before close...I'll go long if it if the stock is below $140 on Friday EOD.  I'll be selling FB puts tomorrow...$143-145.

Cook is focus on services!  Apple will still be a powerhouse but man.. they need to jump into something that will usher us into the future.  Have more faith in Elon's companies right now.

J$ - it might be a good opportunity to get a position

eyephone said:
eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

I hope you bought yesterday. Currently it's up around $10 and change.

eyephone said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

I hope you bought yesterday. Currently it's up around $10 and change.

Eyephone - I kick myself every day.. My sister once told me about this Elon guy and how he was the next steve jobs. That was when it was $30.. now look at it.  lol.  The psychology for me is too hard to overcome but I might dabble in soon.

BTW.. you guys need to seriously look at SHOP.  Was 69 when I posted.. now 90

ps9 said:
FivePoint going public, who's getting some

you think it's a good buy?  When is the IPO and what is the symbol?  pump and dump?

jmoney74 said:
ps9 said:
FivePoint going public, who's getting some

you think it's a good buy?  When is the IPO and what is the symbol?  pump and dump?

FPH, Google Finance doesn't register it yet, you  have to use Yahoo finance to see the quote. 

So bring on the snowflake lawsuits, that was predictable  when in doubt Sue everybody and never take blame yourself.

Snap Inc. Hit With Securities Class Action Alleging Inflated Growth

A law firm filed a securities class action suit on Tuesday against Snap Inc., alleging the company made false and misleading statements about its user growth.
Pomerantz LLP, which specializes in such cases, is seeking to represent shareholders in the company which went public just two months ago.
The suit notes that Snap?s stock price plunged $4.93, or 21.45%, after its first quarterly report last week showed disappointing user growth. The suit also cites the claims of Anthony Pompliano, a former growth lead for Snapchat, who has filed his own lawsuit alleging that the company was using inflated metrics during his brief tenure there in 2015.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/snap-inc-hit-securities-class-action-alleging-inflated-020307111.html?

morekaos said:
So bring on the snowflake lawsuits, that was predictable  when in doubt Sue everybody and never take blame yourself.

Snap Inc. Hit With Securities Class Action Alleging Inflated Growth

A law firm filed a securities class action suit on Tuesday against Snap Inc., alleging the company made false and misleading statements about its user growth.
Pomerantz LLP, which specializes in such cases, is seeking to represent shareholders in the company which went public just two months ago.
The suit notes that Snap?s stock price plunged $4.93, or 21.45%, after its first quarterly report last week showed disappointing user growth. The suit also cites the claims of Anthony Pompliano, a former growth lead for Snapchat, who has filed his own lawsuit alleging that the company was using inflated metrics during his brief tenure there in 2015.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/snap-inc-hit-securities-class-action-alleging-inflated-020307111.html?

True but
I think more of these lawsuits should happen just to curb the robbery of main Street money.

I dunno, now maybe you go long...

Snap Is Year's Most-Shorted Tech IPO Before Lockup Ends

Snap Inc. is the most-shorted tech initial public offering of the year, with a growing number of traders betting the stock will fall.

Investors are skeptical that the company, which owns the Snapchat photo-sharing app, can grow quickly enough to justify its valuation -- now at about $22 billion -- given aggressive competition from Facebook Inc., which has been copying some of Snapchat?s features. That?s helped drive short interest in Snap up to 28 percent of the free float, or shares available to be traded publicly, according to data from Markit Group Ltd. The increase comes before the first lockup expiration on the shares -- on July 30 -- when certain stakeholders and executives will be free to unload their positions for the first time since the March 1 IPO.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-08/snap-is-most-shorted-tech-ipo-of-2017-as-lockup-expiration-nears

morekaos said:
I dunno, now maybe you go long...

Been holding unit cost at 17.60. Bought it extended hours after it's earnings report. It may retest it but figured it was a fair bet. Even though instagram has copied a lot of it's features to me it's still easier to use.

Not me, I covered that short awhile ago and haven't double dipped that one.  This does look a lot like Twitters chart though so more downside is possible.

Snapchat shares downgraded by Morgan Stanley, a rare rebuke by a firm that helped bring it public

Morgan Stanley downgrades Snap stock to equal weight from overweight and slashes its price target to $16 from $28.
For the first time, Snap shares closed below their $17 IPO price, which Morgan Stanley helped set.
The shares fell more than 5 percent Tuesday morning.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/11/snap-underwriter-morgan-stanley-downgrades-the-stock.html

Back