Stock picks

jmoney74 said:
any other stock picks ?

Short Chipotle

Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG -1.7%) moves lower as its recent food safety incident in Virginia may be worse than first realized, with the number of reports of illness associated with the store continue to rise.

As of late Wednesday night, the founder of the iwaspoisoned.com food poisoning website said he had received reports of 133 people sickened at the CMG restaurant in Sterling, Va.

The director of the Loudoun County Health Department, which handles reports of illnesses in Sterling, says his office so far has received ~60 reports of people getting sick from the restaurant but that foodborne illnesses tend to be underreported.

Meanwhile, reports say rodents were spotted at one of CMG's Dallas-area restaurants, with some customers claiming their lunch was "ruined by rodents falling from the ceiling" on Tuesday.

Blue Apron moving up?  I still wouldn't buy it...

Blue Apron rallies after analyst coverage starts

Jul. 24, 2017 7:08 AM ET|About: Blue Apron Holdings, Inc. (APRN)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor
Analyst coverage launches on Blue Apron (NYSE:APRN) in full force today.

RBC Capital Markets assigns an Outperform rating on APRN and sets a price target of $10 on its view that growth will accelerate in FY18.

Oppenheimer launches coverage on the online food kit seller at Outperform and assigns a price target of $11.

Goldman Sachs, Canaccord Genuity and SunTrust all start off Blue Apron at Buy.

Barclays is the cautious voice of the bunch, initiating at Equal Weight and setting a price target of $7.

Sources: Briefing.com and Bloomberg

Shares of Blue Apron are up 8.40% premarket to $7.10 vs. a post-IPO range of $6.23 to $11.00.

eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:
eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:
jmoney74 said:
jmoney74 said:
SHOPIFY
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/SHOP?p=SHOP

Go Long, my friends, GO LONGGGGG!

OWN IT GUYS!!!

I only wanted to make you guys money!  geeeeeeez!

In other words you own it, and you want us to buy?

It has gone up from about 69-70 to 80 since I advised.

I see

How about ibuy etf?

When I recommended it was around $33.26. Now it's at $37.02. Online retail ETF

Think I got the hang of some basic options trading. 

Can anyone explain in Kinder terms what covered call means?

jmoney74 said:
Think I got the hang of some basic options trading. 

Can anyone explain in Kinder terms what covered call means?

You need to own corresponding shares of the contracts you are selling.  So if you are selling 1 contract of BABA, you'd own 100 shares already.

It is of utmost importance that you like the underlying stock to begin with.  You may end up owning it for longer than you want so you better like it long term and use the option trading to enhance income.

One good alternative to purchase stocks is to sell at or out-of-the-money puts.  If you don't get pushed into the position, you'll end up collecting the option premium and you can continue to do that until you get pushed into the position. 

I'm not good at stock picking so I just stick to sell VIX calls and puts (to a much lesser extent) because that's what I know and because 60% of all my gains, even if the trade is for a minute, are treated as long-term capital gains per IRS Section 1256 rules (see link below).
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/section-1256-contract.asp

USCTrojanCPA said:
One good alternative to purchase stocks is to sell at or out-of-the-money puts.  If you don't get pushed into the position, you'll end up collecting the option premium and you can continue to do that until you get pushed into the position. 

I'm not good at stock picking so I just stick to sell VIX calls and puts (to a much lesser extent) because that's what I know and because 60% of all my gains, even if the trade is for a minute, are treated as long-term capital gains per IRS Section 1256 rules (see link below).
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/section-1256-contract.asp

You gotta show me some time.

paperboyNC said:
My investment accounts are 80% cash right now. I also sold 80% in 2007 and got back in 2011. Not sure if I'll be right again. So far I'm wrong.

Now is probably a good time to start switching to cash.  Market has been HOT!

paydawg said:
paperboyNC said:
My investment accounts are 80% cash right now. I also sold 80% in 2007 and got back in 2011. Not sure if I'll be right again. So far I'm wrong.

The Fed minutes will be out this week.. so we'll see.  I agree it's been hot.  Waiting for something to buy into.. probably get some options if there is a dip.  FB was a good pick up today and I might go long on it.  I like FB and BABA for the long run.

morekaos said:
Not me, I covered that short awhile ago and haven't double dipped that one.  This does look a lot like Twitters chart though so more downside is possible.

Snapchat shares downgraded by Morgan Stanley, a rare rebuke by a firm that helped bring it public

Morgan Stanley downgrades Snap stock to equal weight from overweight and slashes its price target to $16 from $28.
For the first time, Snap shares closed below their $17 IPO price, which Morgan Stanley helped set.
The shares fell more than 5 percent Tuesday morning.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/11/snap-underwriter-morgan-stanley-downgrades-the-stock.html

Just like TWTR...never recovered.

Snap?s Loss Nearly Quadruples as Revenue and User Growth Slow

Snapchat?s parent hurt by intensifying competition from Facebook; shares drop

https://www.wsj.com/articles/snaps-loss-nearly-quadruples-as-revenue-and-user-growth-slow-1502396109

paydawg said:
paperboyNC said:

Way too early.  The yield curve isn't even close to going negative, meaning no recession is on the horizon. 
https://www.crystalbull.com/stock-market-timing/Yield-Curve-chart/

Yesterday, 2Q GDP was revised up to 3% and 3Q GDP is predicted to be between 3-4%.

Back