Stock picks

Anyone ever hear of Qudian Inc from China?  They do super small loans to consumers.  Kind of like fast cash but much smaller I think.  They are going IPO today.

jmoney74 said:
Anyone ever hear of Qudian Inc from China?  They do super small loans to consumers.  Kind of like fast cash but much smaller I think.  They are going IPO today.

Did you ever get QD? QD has been droppin.

eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:

Did you ever get QD? QD has been droppin.

I bought and sold same day since it didn't go up right away. Only lost a few bucks.

eyephone said:
You see what happened to Tesla after they reported earnings?

was just a matter of  time.  Now.. when to go in... 200s.. 100s???

jmoney74 said:
TBH.. I thought it would tumble bigger than this.

It will once the debt market cuts them off.  That will be the time to buy just before a competitor scoops them up, which should result in a nice gap up.

Liar Loan said:
jmoney74 said:
TBH.. I thought it would tumble bigger than this.

It will once the debt market cuts them off.  That will be the time to buy just before a competitor scoops them up, which should result in a nice gap up.
If Elon got hit by a piece of falling space debris tomorrow, TSLA would struggle to find a real bottom.  A competitor "scooping them up" should have the same effect, as in either case, Elon wouldn't be running the show.  There's no potential buyer that anyone would bet on as much as Elon. 

daedalus said:
If Elon got hit by a piece of falling space debris tomorrow, TSLA would struggle to find a real bottom.  A competitor "scooping them up" should have the same effect, as in either case, Elon wouldn't be running the show.  There's no potential buyer that anyone would bet on as much as Elon.

That's a good point and he would probably remain as the figurehead to protect share value.  I just don't see another plausible way for him to continue funding TSLA's balance sheet.  How many more junk bonds can he issue?  Probably a lot, but that decreases any chance of future profitability without a default or restructuring.  I could see a legacy auto maker that is behind in the electric car race coming in and overpaying just for the brand and the consumer sentiment that goes along with it.  That would give Elon access to the vast resources he needs, both in terms of financing and the assembly line expertise that he's currently lacking.

Back