Retail Openings and Closures

JadedOne said:
Speaking of Bruxie, I noticed last night that the old Bruxie on Culver/Walnut has been replaced by a Fire Wings (I'm assuming still under construction). Never eaten there before.

Buffalo Wild Wings and Fire Wings in the same plaza should be fun for them both.

They are actually in separate plazas. BWW side is owned by Meadows Asset Management in Newport Beach. Fire Wings side is owned by Regency Real Estate Group LLC in Texas. Usually, in most plazas, there is a non-compete clause for retailers in their lease agreement.

Cares said:
JadedOne said:
Speaking of Bruxie, I noticed last night that the old Bruxie on Culver/Walnut has been replaced by a Fire Wings (I'm assuming still under construction). Never eaten there before.

Buffalo Wild Wings and Fire Wings in the same plaza should be fun for them both.

They are actually in separate plazas. BWW side is owned by Meadows Asset Management in Newport Beach. Fire Wings side is owned by Regency Real Estate Group LLC in Texas. Usually, in most plazas, there is a non-compete clause for retailers in their lease agreement.

Interesting, did not know that. I would guess the non-compete doesn't apply for food though or has other limitations in some cases, as Wendy's and Habit are steps away from each other.

JadedOne said:
Cares said:
JadedOne said:

Interesting, did not know that. I would guess the non-compete doesn't apply for food though or has other limitations in some cases, as Wendy's and Habit are steps away from each other.

It just depends on how well the leasing agent for the retailer drafted the lease agreement and how they categorized themselves. And also I don't know, maybe that plaza doesn't have a non-compete clause in any lease agreements. But yea that's why you won't see multiples of the same store at the same plaza usually. The incumbent tenant doesn't want competition naturally.

Strip malls only leverage the non-compete when it suits them.

How many tea shops do you see in one plaza?

Heck, Raising Cane opens next to Chik-Fil-A whenever they can.

Goriot said:
iacrenter said:
Yoshiharu Ramen coming to Orchard Hills Shopping Center. Never heard of them but they have multiple locations in SoCal. They better bring their best given all the local competition: Kitakata, HiroNori, Shinsengumi, Santouka etc...

http://www.yoshiharuramen.com

Yoshiharu Ramen opened few weeks ago.  Ramens are pretty good.

Finally tried Yoshiharu. The tonkotsu ramen is really good. They sear the pork and it has nice flavor. I would avoid the fried gyoza--hard and dry.

Hiro Nori at Irvine Center Dr. is pretty good. Their remen got Michelin so I had to try. It was surprisingly good. Broth was cooked over 24 hours so it shows in deep flavor unlike so many places fake with salt. My favorite is still Orochon at Downtown LA though.

I see many restaurants are packed with so many people now days. People are spending like crazy after lock time was dismissed.

It's too bad that Sam Woo closed down. We like their barbecue express eatery. We were looking forward to getting some fast food there occasionally once we moved to Irvine. Oh well.

Sam Woo express always had a particular smell when you walk in, very nostalgic.  I can kinda smell it now just thinking about it.

Not really "retail" but the pop up shop that I mentioned which was supposed to open in July/August 2021 is finally opening "soon" in the Great Park. It was where the old playground was between the tennis and volleyball courts.

Basically there will be small retail vendors and food and drinks (alcoholic). I think it'll be a nice place to meet up with friends/family and grab a drink while your kids run around.

Attachments

• PXL_20211228_190440198.jpg
    PXL_20211228_190440198.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 149
Any idea when it's opening? Always nice to have another brunch option nearby.

My fav place close by is actually a french baking school called The Pastry School that is randomly just open one-two days a week. Their croissants are so good.

HMart said:
Any idea when it's opening? Always nice to have another brunch option nearby.

My fav place close by is actually a french baking school called The Pastry School that is randomly just open one-two days a week. Their croissants are so good.

They were putting the signage on the building today so hopefully soon. I?ve seen the pastry school you mentioned, I didn?t realize they sold stuff to the public. I?ll have to check it out.

Back