Retail Openings and Closures

Yoshiharu Ramen coming to Orchard Hills Shopping Center. Never heard of them but they have multiple locations in SoCal. They better bring their best given all the local competition: Kitakata, HiroNori, Shinsengumi, Santouka etc...

http://www.yoshiharuramen.com

iacrenter said:
Yoshiharu Ramen coming to Orchard Hills Shopping Center. Never heard of them but they have multiple locations in SoCal. They better bring their best given all the local competition: Kitakata, HiroNori, Shinsengumi, Santouka etc...

http://www.yoshiharuramen.com

You forgot Marafuku, a new spot near the Spectrum

OfficeMax in Irvine Marketplace is closing. (Office Depot near the Walmart that closed last month off Technology closed in December).

Currently 30% off regular prices (not that anyone considers paying their regular prices). Not sure of their last day.

aquabliss said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I think Bruxie?s closed. Looked empty when we ate at EMC.

Did you try the Dim Sum?  How was it?  Good sub for DTF?

DTF isn't considered dim sum though. I also saw them hauling stuff out of Bruxie so I think it is dead dead.

In other news though the Tesla Supercharger nearby is opened as of today.

Cares said:
aquabliss said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I think Bruxie?s closed. Looked empty when we ate at EMC.

Did you try the Dim Sum?  How was it?  Good sub for DTF?

DTF isn't considered dim sum though. I also saw them hauling stuff out of Bruxie so I think it is dead dead.

In other news though the Tesla Supercharger nearby is opened as of today.

Ok fine is it better than the food at DTF?  Maybe if I?m super generic, someone can answer.

So it's hot and I'm craving ice cream... went to Creamistry... closed... went to Rite Aid down around the corner... closed. Ended up at Saffron and Rose by UCI.

There is a Pandor that opened at the Marketplace... they have good gelato.

Don't remember if I posted this but Bruxie's closed... Fire Wings replacing it.

BBQ Chicken (Korean fried chicken) replaced the Subway in Cypress Village shopping center... also another BBQ Chicken opened in Northpark and another opening in Quail Hill. See... I'm not the only one who likes fried chicken... imagine expanding during the pandemic.

Tacquiero Taco Patio opened in Oak Creek (where Jimboy's Tacos used to be).

Revival Ice Cream is amazing. Yes, it is in Monterey, but some of TI has the resource or desire to bring a company down south. I?m thinking Woodbridge Village Center or Los Olivos.

I miss the old creamistry where they would nitrogen your ice cream right in front of you.  When I went to Irvine Creamistry (post pandemic but before they closed), they were scooping Ice Cream out of the carton.  I asked the guy "what is this, it's not going to taste the same or have the same texture".  He said "oh no its just like before"... sure enough, texture was not the same and you could just tell it wasn't freshly created.

The Thai Tea Creamistry flavor with Marshmello mixed in was the best... not sure I'll ever get that again.

Part of the premium price you pay for premium ice cream is to watch them make it in front of you.
Not to scoop it in front of you.  I can get that @ Baskin Robbins.

Or at home, between Netflix show episodes.....

I never got Creamistry's long term business plan. $5.0 per scoop on average was at the time such a high bar relative to the benefit. Prices would be $6ish now what with inflation and didn't seem sustainable.

Been to Handel's in RSM. The store layout is weirdly antiseptic even by pre-pandemic standards when it first opened. Product was on par with Cold Stone IMHO.

I want them to open a Popeyes with a drive-thru in Irvine or Tustin, those chicken sandwiches are sooooo good. I would get one every time I went out to Yorba Linda for my listing out there.  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
I want them to open a Popeyes with a drive-thru in Irvine or Tustin, those chicken sandwiches are sooooo good. I would get one every time I went out to Yorba Linda for my listing out there.  haha

There's one on 17th and Grand in Santa Ana! Not too far from Tustin. Then on the other end there's one in Mission Viejo too.

irviniteeee said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

There's one on 17th and Grand in Santa Ana! Not too far from Tustin. Then on the other end there's one in Mission Viejo too.

I'll spend more on gas driving to get one in my Macan than the cost of the sandwich, maybe I should focus on getting more listings closer to the Popeyes.  haha

USC have you tried the new KFC Chicken Sandwich?  It's comparable to Popeyes.  Get some KFC sauce on the side to dip the sandwich in, pretty good.

NotAnEarlyBird said:
Ice cream - Handel's is very good. They have recently opened a shop at El Toro during the pandemic. Another shop in RSM.

I've been to the Lake Forest one... it's next to Mongolian BBQ near the Smart&Final... it's pretty good.

Afters in Diamond Jamboree closed. Their flavors were too limited.

Back