Retail Openings and Closures

aquabliss said:
Stacks Pancakes coming to Woodbury Town Center where Asian Tapas was.

That a welcome change. Asian Tapas was pretty terrible.

I also heard TLT is closing at the Spectrum. Anyone know why? It was always busy when I visited.

Burntzilla on Walnt and Culver is closing end of Jan.  Only tried it once and didn?t care for it.  Maybe Curry House can open a To-Go only spot there!  Oh well, wishful thinking - I still miss curry house.

aquabliss said:
Burntzilla on Walnt and Culver is closing end of Jan.  Only tried it once and didn?t care for it.  Maybe Curry House can open a To-Go only spot there!  Oh well, wishful thinking - I still miss curry house.

Oh that sucks. My wife has been getting takeout from there recently. Good to know so we can go a couple more times before they close.

Do you know why? Lease issue? It?s a small/weird location so probably not worth it for them.

qwerty said:
aquabliss said:

Oh that sucks. My wife has been getting takeout from there recently. Good to know so we can go a couple more times before they close.

Do you know why? Lease issue? It?s a small/weird location so probably not worth it for them.

Not sure, the sign just said after 7 years they will be closing their doors (I think last day was 26th), and thanked their customers and encouraged them to visit burnt crumbs in Los olivos. 

Ya it is kind of a weird corner spot, almost feels like an outdoor bar in a crowded center.  Used to be busy when it opened but not so much lately. 

Burntzilla's food is kind of expensive for what you get.

But they were never busy when I went there... hopefully they bring some of their menu items to Burnt Crumb (the specialty tots were awesome).

Burnt Truck was pretty innovative 8 years ago but I think they really haven't evolved at all while other places have co-opted their innovation. The quality of their food has stayed the same (read: average to above average ingredients) while charging premium prices. I actually really liked their food when it came out but you can kind of tell it stayed stagnant. I don't know if Burnt Crumbs are going to last much longer either.

I haven't followed TLT / The Lime Truck as closely, but I imagine it's a similar kind of story.

Dave's Hot Chicken opening tomorrow in the old KFC location on Irvine Center Drive and Culver:
https://www.daveshotchicken.com/

I tried Fire Wings off of Walnut in the old Bruxie's spot and it's pretty good. It's almost like a sports bar with all the TVs there, they were playing the Rams/Bucs game when I picked up my food and it was crowded.

We have been getting fire wings and thought it was pretty good. Their garlic noodles were a hit as well. I?ve been meaning to try their chili cheese fries.

Was at McDonald?s the other day and saw they were getting close to opening. Thanks for the heads up. I?ll try it out for dinner tomorrow.

HMart said:
Just tried to order Dave's online on their website, says temporary disabled :(

Haven't been but have been to that center a few times and the drive-thru lines are always long.

Seems like there is very few "slow" times.

Would love to hear how someone's experience was with "The Reaper" heat level. Looks challenging to say the least.

Handel's is good but pricey. Their best value is the 4-scoop sampler.

Dave's Hot Chicken was okay... giant chicken tenders and pretty expensive. Popeye's still has the best chicken and chicken sandwich for the price.

Back