Retail Openings and Closures

@iho is dripping the knowledge - we are fans of Pandor in Newport. We don?t go there too often since it?s a bit further away. We used to get pandor and Susie cakes :)

In Tustin on walnut and Newport a Waba grill is opening in the near future. They took over the old Mexican food place across from yoshinoya.

qwerty said:
In Tustin on walnut and Newport a Waba grill is opening in the near future. They took over the old Mexican food place across from yoshinoya.

That used to be Mega Burger, then Albertos (or some 'tos) and then some other Mexican place.

See... I know stuff outside of Irvine too. :)

I found out there's a restaurant in Irvine that is still doing outdoor dining (one that I get food from like 2-3 times a month).  If anyone wants to know which one it is, just PM me.

Pretty much every TIC shopping center is doing de facto outdoor dining. They're allowing patrons to use common area tables outside restaurants. Last go around TIC closed all outdoor seating.

iacrenter said:
Pretty much every TIC shopping center is doing de facto outdoor dining. They're allowing patrons to use common area tables outside restaurants. Last go around TIC closed all outdoor seating.

Are you going to switch parties? Do you belong in elections?
If you lose. Do you get a redo?

eyephone said:
iacrenter said:

Just pointing out inconsistencies with the outdoor dining ban. Ideally science and not politics should be driving pandemic public health policy. Outdoor dining is likely on the lower risk spectrum if done with distancing, good ventilation, small groups, and limited to those in the same household.

The problem is that we are in a superspike of COVID cases and the government is trying to slow the tsunami. Things that were okay a couple months ago are more dangerous today.

iacrenter said:
eyephone said:
iacrenter said:

Just pointing out inconsistencies with the outdoor dining ban. Ideally science and not politics should be driving pandemic public health policy. Outdoor dining is likely on the lower risk spectrum if done with distancing, good ventilation, small groups, and limited to those in the same household.

The problem is that we are in a superspike of COVID cases and the government is trying to slow the tsunami. Things that were okay a couple months ago are more dangerous today.

A bit of hypocrisy too...it's ok to go into a crowded Costco, Walmart, or Target yet outdoor dining is somehow more dangerous?  Heck, I'd be willing to wager that outdoor dining might be safer than going to the grocery store. Indoor dining being banned I can understand though.

The problem is when larger parties take advantage of outdoor dining. Large groups of people without masks talking/laughing in close proximity for over an hour or two even outdoors is risky.

irvinehomeowner said:
The problem is when larger parties take advantage of outdoor dining. Large groups of people without masks talking/laughing in close proximity for over an hour or two even outdoors is risky.

I can see that, then limit the table sizes to 2 and 4 people like most of the places that I've been to.

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I can see that, then limit the table sizes to 2 and 4 people like most of the places that I've been to.

Agreed. But then you get those people who skirt it by being 2 or 3 parties of 4. The rule breakers make it hard for everyone.

irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Agreed. But then you get those people who skirt it by being 2 or 3 parties of 4. The rule breakers make it hard for everyone.

Some people get drunk and drive, we don't shutdown the roads on New Years, Cinco and St Paddy's.

We do enforce the laws.

nosuchreality said:
irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Some people get drunk and drive, we don't shutdown the roads on New Years, Cinco and St Paddy's.

We do enforce the laws.

I thought OC Sherriff said they won?t be enforcing this.

HMart said:
nosuchreality said:
irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

We do enforce the laws.

It's Department of Health that can fine/shutdown restaurants based on state orders.

OC Sherriff won't be going to restaurants telling diners to go home (I assume).

HMart said:
nosuchreality said:
irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

We do enforce the laws.

I remember hearing that both the OC and Riverside Sherriffs said they won't enforce the outdoor dining ban but not sure how city PDs are handling enforcement.

irvinehomeowner said:
HMart said:
nosuchreality said:
irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

We do enforce the laws.

It's Department of Health that can fine/shutdown restaurants based on state orders.

OC Sherriff won't be going to restaurants telling diners to go home (I assume).

They can if they wanted to. I have seen other police agencies that follow the state law and enforce the rule on YouTube.

We are passed the political and playing games. News Flash: California is now ground zero of the COVID outbreak in the US. (maybe the world right now?)

Heard a rumor that the Albertson's on Alton and Culver will be closing in Feb and replaced by a Super HMart.

Same thing with the Albertson's up by Northpark.

Anyone heard this too? I think it's on NextDoor.

Yikes. I would not be happy about losing Albertson for HMart. Zion market is close enough when I'm itching for Korean food.

zion market in northwood location was at one time von's, if both of those albertsons close there would only be one around this area (east of 405) on alton/jeffery.  Hope Ralphs survives.

Back