Restaurant complaints thread

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1247707907][quote author="bltserv" date=1247700250]Not sure if Chicken McNuggets and Dining should be used in the same sentence.

If you knew what was in those little pieces of "Mystery Meat" you would be surprised.

The good news is its at least 50% chicken.

<a href="http://www.rense.com/general76/chk.htm">http://www.rense.com/general76/chk.htm</a>

<a href="http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionComparison.do">http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionComparison.do</a>

A half days amount of Sodium too. 600MG.</blockquote>
Oh I hear ya on that, that is exactly why I'll get one 6 piece order once a week. Sometimes it's almost better not knowing what they are made out of. haha</blockquote>

Bltserv -

It's funny how this thread is titled "Restaurant complaints". Yet, SCman and myself have been complaining about fast food joints. Hahaha! It's obvious we're 2 cheapskates! Haha!

Just curious, who here complains to the manager or call up the feedback hotline to different restaurants around town. Our experience is that we usually get comp free meals and coupons if we even give the slightest straightforward "feedback". A few examples:

Pick-Up Sticks ? the chow mien stuck together and was kind of dry. I call the hotline on the receipt and they send coupons for free meals. It was the weekend so corporate was close; I called the branch at the Market Place first and they re-deliver another meal for free.

Chick-fil-A ? At the district, the wife came right at 10 when they stop serving breakfast. Although they served the lady right before her; the cashier was also a little rude, not typical of the experience she usually expects from CFA; she called the manager and got some meals from there.

Starbucks ? I can?t tell you the amount of free drinks when you just say,, you know what, it doesn?t taste quite right today. They completely remake the drink from scratch and give they usually don?t ask for the first drink back.

WaSa Sushi ? Marketplace ? I found a scrub brush wire in my sushi; luckily I didn?t swallow it. Complain to the manager, got comp desert, really cheap! Never went back!

When the wife was pregnant, everything made her nauseous. Souplantation, Marie Calendars, Olive Garden, Swadds, Tandori, Tai Spice, Daphne?s, Boudine, Corner Bakers MOST ALL I think either took stuff back, gave us a refund or didn?t charge for items that the wife didn?t like after ordering and eating a portion of it.

Just to show you, along with informing us all on the IHB about your experience, be sure to tell the management, you just might get compensated!

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1247742487]Just curious, who here complains to the manager or call up the feedback hotline to different restaurants around town. Our experience is that we usually get comp free meals and coupons if we even give the slightest straightforward "feedback". A few examples:

Pick-Up Sticks ? the chow mien stuck together and was kind of dry. I call the hotline on the receipt and they send coupons for free meals. It was the weekend so corporate was close; I called the branch at the Market Place first and they re-deliver another meal for free.

Chick-fil-A ? At the district, the wife came right at 10 when they stop serving breakfast. Although they served the lady right before her; the cashier was also a little rude, not typical of the experience she usually expects from CFA; she called the manager and got some meals from there.

Starbucks ? I can?t tell you the amount of free drinks when you just say,, you know what, it doesn?t taste quite right today. They completely remake the drink from scratch and give they usually don?t ask for the first drink back.

WaSa Sushi ? Marketplace ? I found a scrub brush wire in my sushi; luckily I didn?t swallow it. Complain to the manager, got comp desert, really cheap! Never went back!

When the wife was pregnant, everything made her nauseous. Souplantation, Marie Calendars, Olive Garden, Swadds, Tandori, Tai Spice, Daphne?s, Boudine, Corner Bakers MOST ALL I think either took stuff back, gave us a refund or didn?t charge for items that the wife didn?t like after ordering and eating a portion of it.

Just to show you, along with informing us all on the IHB about your experience, be sure to tell the management, you just might get compensated!</blockquote>

El Pollo Loco has a survey 800# on the back of their receipts. I do call in to get a code and you get a discount off your next order. But after using it so often, I notice the drive-thru window employee would not give me the receipts. I had to ask for them.

I never eat at the fast food restaurants. I always use the drive-thru. It's only when I get home that I realize my order(s) was wrong. I tend to not complain b/c I would have to drive back to the restaurant. But I would like to say that the El Pollo Loco manager(s) at the Tustin Market Place is the best. Instead of making me drive back the same evening. He would always say, "Just mention my name and you'll get your next order free."

In general, though, instead of making complaints. I just don't come back to the same restaurant.

Does this happen to anyone? At the drive-thru window. You ask for a plastic plate. Yet, the employee gives you a plastic bowl. How about when you ask for a fork, the employee gives you a spoon.

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1247742487]Just curious, who here complains to the manager or call up the feedback hotline to different restaurants around town. Our experience is that we usually get comp free meals and coupons if we even give the slightest straightforward "feedback". A few examples:</blockquote>

Some do, some don't. Some of my experiences have been:

Ruby's Diner in Tustin - saw a toddler sucking on the spout of the red squeeze bottle of ketchup. The waitress came to clean up the table when they were done but I noticed she didn't clean the bottle tips. I told her about what I saw and she said she wasn't going to clean it since they were only open another hour or so. New customers sat there and used the bottle. Ick. I emailed the company and they gave me freebies even though I didn't ask for them.

Maki-Maki Sushi in the Spectrum - I bit into two metal staples that were in my sushi roll and swallowed one. They removed it from my bill.

Taco Bell - I waited 28 minutes in the drive-thru that only had three cars in front of me. I emailed them and they called to say sorry but only sent a coupon for one free taco that was only good for a few days. Big deal.

Orange County Mining Company - There was broken ceramic in my food. I bit into it and my mouth was bleeding. I asked them to deduct it and they said no(!) but offered me a free dessert. Needless to say, I didn't take it. The few times I've gone back, I've noticed they always serve food on chipped stoneware. Beware!

Catal Restaurant and Uva Bar at Downtown Disney - They served me unpleasant salmon that tasted like it was old. I never asked for it to be deducted but the waiter offered and was very nice about it.

KFC - We purchased chicken pieces that were totally raw on the inside. That can be dangerous. It was too far away to drive back so I took pictures showing the pink, rubbery chicken and wrote the company. They never replied. I will not go back.

Gloria Jean's at the Brea Mall - I tried to order a sugar-free iced coffee and the gal told me she won't unless I absolutely need the sugar-free stuff due to a medical condition. (What the heck? I didn't know you need a doctor's note!) I left without buying anything. I emailed the company. They were very nice and looked into it. They apologized. I sort of expected a coupon or something, but they didn't offer anything.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1247618174]

You know they are giving out small samples of the coffee, dont you? Btw, the McDonalds off Alton/Jeffery has 6-piece chicken mcnuggets for $1.29 on Tuesdays. I splurge and get a 6-piece order, small fry no salt (so they make them fresh), small coke, and a bbq sauce.</blockquote>

Same deal with the McD at Orchard Hills...unfortunately they make a bunch of them ahead of time so they are luke warm and soggy when you buy them..yuck.

BTW: As for the health impact of McNuggets...I will quote Cypher from Matrix:

"You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? <strong>Ignorance is bliss.</strong>"

Went to Tomikawa in the Trabuco shopping center this past Monday night. They are having 50% off sushi ( not rolls). Quality is not consistent. First order of Salmon "melted" in my mouse which is great. Second and third order of salmon is really bad as they use the part of the salmon that are not suppose to be used on Sushi.

[quote author="irvine123" date=1247877646]Went to Tomikawa in the Trabuco shopping center this past Monday night. They are having 50% off sushi ( not rolls). Quality is not consistent. First order of Salmon "melted" in my mouse which is great. <strong>Second and third order of salmon is really bad as they use the part of the salmon that are not suppose to be used on Sushi</strong>.</blockquote>

Hahaha! SCman and I would never know the difference. =)

[quote author="reason" date=1247878078][quote author="irvine123" date=1247877646]Went to Tomikawa in the Trabuco shopping center this past Monday night. They are having 50% off sushi ( not rolls). Quality is not consistent. First order of Salmon "melted" in my mouse which is great. <strong>Second and third order of salmon is really bad as they use the part of the salmon that are not suppose to be used on Sushi</strong>.</blockquote>

Hahaha! SCman and I would never know the difference. =)</blockquote>

You will as you will spit it out! I can't even bite through it.

[quote author="reason" date=1247892551]Ok, since you put it that way. Maybe I will spit it out. But I know SCman, he will eat anything. He's like Mikey.</blockquote>
Oh hello no, I'm one of the pickiest eater out there. I hate a lot of stuff, including salmon

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1247898827][quote author="reason" date=1247892551]Ok, since you put it that way. Maybe I will spit it out. But I know SCman, he will eat anything. He's like Mikey.</blockquote>
Oh hello no, I'm one of the pickiest eater out there. I hate a lot of stuff, including salmon</blockquote>

Hey SCman, were u at the corner of Trabuco/Jeffrey around 1230 PM, today? Cause some guy in a similar M3 tried to race me.

[quote author="reason" date=1247899176][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1247898827][quote author="reason" date=1247892551]Ok, since you put it that way. Maybe I will spit it out. But I know SCman, he will eat anything. He's like Mikey.</blockquote>
Oh hello no, I'm one of the pickiest eater out there. I hate a lot of stuff, including salmon</blockquote>

Hey SCman, were u at the corner of Trabuco/Jeffrey around 1230 PM, today? Cause some guy in a similar M3 tried to race me.</blockquote>
Nope, I was up in Brea at the Trader Joe's off Imperial & Kramer picking up some lunch.

I sometime go to the Diamond Plaza and buy this Greek dish that contains: flatten bread/ a portion of some green stuff (taste like chives)/ some kind yellow mushy stuff with an olive/ and grilled meatballs (flat). And everytime I have this dish for dinner, it's hard for me to wake up the next morning. Also, I find myself extremely thirsty as well.

What is the cause of this? It can't be the bread. Hence, I have narrowed it down either green stuff/ yellow mushy stuff/ or the meatballs. Does anyone know if they put alot of salt in these items?

Not too often I get the "Cafeteria Cramps" from Restaurant food in Orange County. But Saturday went to the Elephant Bar. The new one in Laguna Hills Mall. Got a appetizer Salmon Tempura Roll. 6 Hours later.

Its all over. Cramps and Chills and nothing left in my system.

Ate with family all my other meals. So this must be were I got the

little bugs. Come to think of it. The roll tasted kinda rancid.

I thought it was the Tempura Oil was old.

Still keeping close to restrooms.

[quote author="bltserv" date=1249952100]Not too often I get the "Cafeteria Cramps" from Restaurant food in Orange County. But Saturday went to the Elephant Bar. The new one in Laguna Hills Mall. Got a appetizer Salmon Tempura Roll. 6 Hours later.

Its all over. Cramps and Chills and nothing left in my system.

Ate with family all my other meals. So this must be were I got the

little bugs. Come to think of it. The roll tasted kinda rancid.

I thought it was the Tempura Oil was old.

Still keeping close to restrooms.</blockquote>

The "chills" along with the stomach ache? It was the food, my friend. I usually take Imodium AD. Good luck!

I'm presently enjoying the European standard of service and I'm getting a kick out of these replies.

The worst OC restaurant service lines up with the best possible service here. The culture here is "no tipping or minimal tipping" and it shows. The waitstaff doesn't give a flying fsck at a rolling donut if your glass is full, if you get service with a smile, or if you get your check in a timely manner. Enjoy the blandest elements of German cuisine combined the blandest elements of French cuisine, add a dash of paprika, serve it in tiny Italian proportions, and charge 2x too much for it. That's how it's done here.

Seriously, I want some OC abuse right now. It'd be an upgrade.

[quote author="effenheimer" date=1250471187]I'm presently enjoying the European standard of service and I'm getting a kick out of these replies.

The worst OC restaurant service lines up with the best possible service here. The culture here is "no tipping or minimal tipping" and it shows. The waitstaff doesn't give a flying fsck at a rolling donut if your glass is full, if you get service with a smile, or if you get your check in a timely manner. Enjoy the blandest elements of German cuisine combined the blandest elements of French cuisine, add a dash of paprika, serve it in tiny Italian proportions, and charge 2x too much for it. That's how it's done here.

Seriously, I want some OC abuse right now. It'd be an upgrade.</blockquote> Have you considered eating exclusively from the street vendors? I've had some of my best luck there. Personally, I wouldn't mind adding crepes and gellato back into my diet. They make excellent dinner replacements ;)

Back