Restaurant complaints thread

[quote author="reason" date=1246715315]Tried the Jack in the Box "mini buffalo ranch chicken sandwiches'. Blahhh...</blockquote>
I did too...more bun then chicken. Try the new Wendy's chicken creations (I tried Bold Buffalo and Honey BBQ), they were yummy.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1246762557][quote author="reason" date=1246715315]Tried the Jack in the Box "mini buffalo ranch chicken sandwiches'. Blahhh...</blockquote>
I did too...more bun then chicken. Try the new Wendy's chicken creations (I tried Bold Buffalo and Honey BBQ), they were yummy.</blockquote>

Agreed, tried the Jack in the box last monday - all bread no chicken. They are nothing like what they look like in the pictures (fast food is never as good as the pictures)

[quote author="Stuff It" date=1246787867][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1246762557][quote author="reason" date=1246715315]Tried the Jack in the Box "mini buffalo ranch chicken sandwiches'. Blahhh...</blockquote>
I did too...more bun then chicken. Try the new Wendy's chicken creations (I tried Bold Buffalo and Honey BBQ), they were yummy.</blockquote>

Agreed, tried the Jack in the box last monday - all bread no chicken. They are nothing like what they look like in the pictures (fast food is never as good as the pictures)</blockquote>

So true. And that goes for their chicken/beef bowl too!! The pictures showed a generous portion but the actual bowl was very shallow. The brocolli were tiny. They seriously should put a disclaimer something in the line of "actual food is not the same as pictured." =)

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1246762557][quote author="reason" date=1246715315]Tried the Jack in the Box "mini buffalo ranch chicken sandwiches'. Blahhh...</blockquote>

No kidding. I took two bites and all I got was the buns. I had to open up the darn sandwich to see where the darn piece of chicken was. It was as though the piece of chicken was dodging my bites. Hahaha! ... And like always, I only tried it b/c they'd sent me a coupon. =)

Carl's Jr. at the Tustin Market Place. I ordered a 'loaded breakfast burrito' and always they included a package of salsa. (Burrito is no good without the salsa, u know). So this morning I bought one, I drove all the way to Mcdonald's for my coffee. In the McD's parking lot with great anticipation, I reached into the Carl's Jr. bag and got my burrito. I, then, proceeded to grab for the salsa package. For some reason it felt small. Ahhhh!!! they'd given small packages of freaking ketchup!! What a way to start the day. =/

I know this is a restaurant complaints thread. But I just have to complain about some grocery stores.

Albertsons: I bought some of those individual salad dressing packages. Then found out they expired a month ago!

Stater Bros: Bought some asparagus. Cheaper than Albertsons but very bitter.

Zion: Bought some sage and rosemary herbs. Cheaper than Trader Joe's but barely any aroma. (Ruined the baked cornish hen).

[quote author="reason" date=1247064431]I know this is a restaurant complaints thread. But I just have to complain about some grocery stores.

Albertsons: I bought some of those individual salad dressing packages. Then found out they expired a month ago!

Stater Bros: Bought some asparagus. Cheaper than Albertsons but very bitter.

Zion: Bought some sage and rosemary herbs. Cheaper than Trader Joe's but barely any aroma. (Ruined the baked cornish hen).</blockquote>

I'll add to that.

Gelsons: I noticed the prices were double that of the Ralph's across the street which is double that of Trader Joe's.

Albertson's: Some items seem to be marked on sale but they were placed on the wrong shelf and weren't actually on sale. The milk is consistently sour. I had to open four egg cartons before finding ones that weren't cracked.

Pavilions (Newport Coast): most obnoxious and rude check out clerks.

Sprouts: Cheap produce but doesn't seem incredibly fresh.

Trader Joes: Cheese and bread get moldy after a couple of days.

Beachhouse resaurant in Laguna Beach. Everybody in the restaurant was over the age of 70. Their menu is completely basic and both my wife's fish and my lobster were overcooked. That's pretty hard to do in a seafood restaurant. For the amount of money they are trying to chage, there are 100 better restaurants in Orange County. By far, this was the worst restaurant experience I have had this year. Outdated decor as well.

[quote author="ABC123" date=1247090430]

Trader Joes: Cheese and bread get moldy after a couple of days.</blockquote>

the good thing about TJs is they'll take anything back no questions asked, at least in my experience. they even give us free plants or flowers when they die/wilt too quickly.

Add Johnnies NY Pizza to my list.

We wanted to get some Pizza and eat outside. Instead we had to order to go and then eat outside. It seemed the other places in the Orchid Hills Center would bring your food outside for you and serve you. They couldn't even be bothered to walk outside and tell us our Pizza was ready we were right outside the door.

The Pizza was overpriced almost $20 for a large pepperoni and it was bland and didn't have a lot of Pepperoni.

I lived in NY for years so I was excited and then quashed all in the first bite.

The "garlic knots" were not even knots they were balls. Who wants garlic balls?

I don't think it is worth the premium.

[quote author="acpme" date=1247531328]trrenter - have u been to al's pizza on irvine blvd and 17th, next to a 7-11. its as close to a thin ny-style pizza as i've found in the area. 2 bucks for a slice of cheese.

http://www.alsnewyorkcafe.com/</blockquote>

I have not but when I get off this diet I will. Maybe that is why I was so bitter about Johnnies that was my one "cheat" meal this week. Wish I went to the mexican restaruant next door it looked good!! La Siena grill will be what I try next.

[quote author="reason" date=1246802255][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1246762557][quote author="reason" date=1246715315]Tried the Jack in the Box "mini buffalo ranch chicken sandwiches'. Blahhh...</blockquote>

No kidding. I took two bites and all I got was the buns. I had to open up the darn sandwich to see where the darn piece of chicken was. It was as though the piece of chicken was dodging my bites. Hahaha! ... And like always, I only tried it b/c they'd sent me a coupon. =)</blockquote>
You are coupon whore! haha I never got a coupon for those damn things. :(

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1247572076][quote author="reason" date=1246802255][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1246762557][quote author="reason" date=1246715315]Tried the Jack in the Box "mini buffalo ranch chicken sandwiches'. Blahhh...</blockquote>

No kidding. I took two bites and all I got was the buns. I had to open up the darn sandwich to see where the darn piece of chicken was. It was as though the piece of chicken was dodging my bites. Hahaha! ... And like always, I only tried it b/c they'd sent me a coupon. =)</blockquote>
You are coupon whore! haha I never got a coupon for those damn things. :(</blockquote>

Yeah, it's buy one order get the 2nd free. You know why I started using coupons? Ok, the way I look at it; is this. Most of these coupons are worth $5.00 sometimes more. And when I look at my savings/money market accounts, I don't even get $5.00 in interests. Hahaha!......so the coupons are a better returns vs. my savings acct. Hahaha!

Ok, McDonald's hot coffee was good. Then they came out with the ice coffee which was okay. But these darn fancy ice mocha, ice latte, etc. They're just "blahhh". Too darn bitter.

They should just stick with hot coffee. The other caffeine drinks are not up to par with Starbucks.

[quote author="reason" date=1247608005]Ok, McDonald's hot coffee was good. Then they came out with the ice coffee which was okay. But these darn fancy ice mocha, ice latte, etc. They're just "blahhh". Too darn bitter.

They should just stick with hot coffee. The other caffeine drinks are not up to par with Starbucks.</blockquote>
You know they are giving out small samples of the coffee, dont you? Btw, the McDonalds off Alton/Jeffery has 6-piece chicken mcnuggets for $1.29 on Tuesdays. I splurge and get a 6-piece order, small fry no salt (so they make them fresh), small coke, and a bbq sauce.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1247618174][quote author="reason" date=1247608005]Ok, McDonald's hot coffee was good. Then they came out with the ice coffee which was okay. But these darn fancy ice mocha, ice latte, etc. They're just "blahhh". Too darn bitter.

They should just stick with hot coffee. The other caffeine drinks are not up to par with Starbucks.</blockquote>
You know they are giving out small samples of the coffee, dont you? Btw, the McDonalds off Alton/Jeffery has 6-piece chicken mcnuggets for $1.29 on Tuesdays. I splurge and get a 6-piece order, small fry no salt (so they make them fresh), small coke, and a bbq sauce.</blockquote>

Yes, I read that on the OCRegister.com that they're giving away samples of those drinks. Thank you. But I did purchase an ice mocha from McD's a month ago. It was too bitter for my taste. And since I am one that never throw food away. I actually drank half then 1 hour later, I finished the other half (yes, it was that bitter).

Re: the McNuggets. Oh, those I love. Especially, with bbq or ranch sauce. Hey, you're like me. I tend to order small sizes also.

Oh by the way, I once went to 'Jack in the Box' and mistakenly ordered a 6 piece Chicken McNuggets. Hahaha!

Not sure if Chicken McNuggets and Dining should be used in the same sentence.

If you knew what was in those little pieces of "Mystery Meat" you would be surprised.

The good news is its at least 50% chicken.

<a href="http://www.rense.com/general76/chk.htm">http://www.rense.com/general76/chk.htm</a>

<a href="http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionComparison.do">http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionComparison.do</a>

A half days amount of Sodium too. 600MG.

[quote author="bltserv" date=1247700250]Not sure if Chicken McNuggets and Dining should be used in the same sentence.

If you knew what was in those little pieces of "Mystery Meat" you would be surprised.

The good news is its at least 50% chicken.

<a href="http://www.rense.com/general76/chk.htm">http://www.rense.com/general76/chk.htm</a>

<a href="http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionComparison.do">http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionComparison.do</a>

A half days amount of Sodium too. 600MG.</blockquote>
Oh I hear ya on that, that is exactly why I'll get one 6 piece order once a week. Sometimes it's almost better not knowing what they are made out of. haha

Back