Recommendations for landscaping companies

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
Just left the Costco at the district and at the front entrance they have a bunch of those LED dimmable lights for $10 you guys were talking about
Wrong thread homeslice!!!!

I know, couldn't  remember the thread and I don't have the search skills u guys do

irvinehomeowner said:
You should have bought them all out and sold them to ps9 for $15. :)

Good idea, I'm only five minutes away, heading back now.

GH - the price just went up :)

RCV said:
broda said:
wow...that's rough...and you liked your backyard.  I give him a 2 and I don't like the timeline or the work.

To me, it's about the overall experience.  Yes, aesthetically, the backyard is nice, but i am certain I could have gotten the same quality from somewhere else, minus the frustration.  After the work is done, the customer service is not over.  Like now, I need something fixed and I cannot rely on him getting the work done without me having to follow up multiple times.

I have to agree about the overall experience.  Took 2 weeks of bugging him to submit my plans, gave me some wrong trees.  At this point i didn't even care to have him fix the plants because I was just tired of his crew being at my place.  The worst part is now that I started testing patio furniture the leveling is off so my chair wobbles.  Little things I couldn't visibly see...lesson learned.

RCV said:
eyephone said:
RCV said:
eyephone said:
RCV said:
eyephone said:
RCV - so from a scale of 1-10 (ten being the highest) what would you give him?

I'll give him a 2 - and that is me being generous.
Interesting

How much did you pay?

Unfortunately, I feel I paid more than the value of what I got.

How about ballpark range? (Such as less than 10, etc..)

More than 10..

10 plus dot dot ( does that mean you paid 12)  ;)

RCV said:
I am pleased to let you guys know that our landscaping is done!.. well, almost.  The only thing left is to seal the floor and the approval of our landscaping plan.  Our landscaping turned out so beautiful that I almost forgot all the frustrations I had with the delays on this project.

Hi All, new to TI... Are a lot of people starting work before getting approval from HOA?  Is anyone "pushing the envelope" or is the norm to be conservative with your plans?  For example, with setbacks or ratio of hardscape to plants?

TIA.

gadgetguy said:
Hi All, new to TI... Are a lot of people starting work before getting approval from HOA?  Is anyone "pushing the envelope" or is the norm to be conservative with your plans?  For example, with setbacks or ratio of hardscape to plants?

TIA.

Please don't starting work before HOA approval.  Here's quote from another thread about this.

nosuchreality said:
sentosa said:
just curious, what's the worst case scenario if you proceed landscaping project without submitting a plan to HOA ?
our HOA is getting ridiculous by increasing the review cost 50% starting April 1 and added some weird rules to restrict a lot of things to be done.

LOL, I had a work acquaintance do this once.

Step 1: they send you a letter to correct. (pull it all out and submit plans)
Step 2: you refuse
Step 3: while at work, they send a landscaper to correct for you.
Step 4: they send you the bill.

It really depends on the HOA board and the committee heading the review/compliance.  If there's a Napoleon, you'll have problem.  If they're reasonable, you'll just get a fine.  Unfortunately, smaller HOAs can have challenges with people getting on committees that treat each person's request as their own personal home design opportunity.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3844.0.html

qwerty said:
Real men don't acknowledge HOAs

And this is what happen....

qwerty said:
I still haven't submitted my plans and the work was done in Feb/2012. Though I have been fined 100 in January which I paid. They skipped February and charged me 200 I'm march. Not going to pay the 200 though and I'll submit my plans later this week. I think they will waive the 200 (hopefully).

Friday 5/9 - still no plans submitted. $300 in cumulative fines.

Like I said, real men don't acknowledge hoa's  :)

qwerchete thinks it's extra mello roos.

Plus he's in Tustin... more lax than Irvine. If it was Irvine, they would have sent a landscaper to fix it and charge for the work.

qwerty said:

Qwerty vs HOA

Attachments

• What are you going to do.jpg
    What are you going to do.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 180
lnc said:
qwerty said:

Qwerty vs HOA

That's an awesome pic. I'm going to blow that up and then over the Great Dane I will put my name, qwerty, and over the chihuahua I will put "you" and have it framed and put it on the credenza behind me in my office. That way

irvinehomeowner said:
Wait... I thought qwerchete was the chihuahua.

:)

LOL, it can go both ways  but that great dane is the one carrying the big bat. :)

Attachments

• addtext_com_MTQyODMxMTE3NjMy.jpg
    addtext_com_MTQyODMxMTE3NjMy.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 122
Back