Presidential Elections

It cant possibly get any worse, unless Hillary wins. I'll take Trump or any other Republican for that matter

I don't vote but at this point a republican president would be nice. Wouldn't mind paying lower taxes.  This country is fucked regardless of who the president is. May as well have some laughs along the way with trump.

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
I don't vote
What?

Oh yeah... you don't follow the rules so it doesn't matter. :)
Voting in California

At the federal level
California voters overwhelmingly pick Democrat president.  You might have some ability to knock out a senator, but even with their low approval ratings, our senators stay.  Most people have no idea who their house rep is unless you live in a district with a high profile rep (Pelosi).

At the state level:
We have the ability to change the governor.  This is about the ONLY vote that people cast of a candidate they know, that matters.
State legislators?  I would be willing to bet that if you asked 1000 random people, 0-1 of those people could tell you who they voted for That's less than 0.1%. 

Local level:
This is a combination of the party of the candidate and how many signs they put up.

I'll bite.  The 2015 budget.  Revenues (aka taxes): $3.249 Trillion actual or 3,249,000,000,000 dollars.  Expenditures: $3.688 Trillion (actual versus $3.9 trillion requested  Shortfall $429 Billion, aka, $429,000,000,000.00

Discretionary spending was $1.11 trillion.  The military was $598.5 billion of that, not including veteran benefits.  Non-discretionary spending was $2.139 Trillion.  Things like Social Security. Medicare and debt interest ($229 billion).

discretionary_spending_pie,_2015_enacted.png

mandatory_spending_pie%2C__2015_enacted.png

Have at it.  Any thing in the mandatory camp requires major law changes.

22 emails on Hiliary's private email server wont not be released because they are considered top secret. For those who don't know top secret is the highest level of security.

#UncleBernieUpset@Iowa

lol

Why does Trump wear the red cap when he makes an appearance outside? I'm watching his press conference in Alabama and he's wearing the red make Ametica great cap. Is it because of his hair?

Trumps plan: companies that leave the US will have to pay a 35% fee if they want to sell their products in the US.
I have to agree the US are big losers in the trade.

eyephone said:
Trumps plan: companies that leave the US will have to pay a 35% fee if they want to sell their products in the US.
I have to agree the US are big losers in the trade.

Trade wars and tariffs are always fun. 

First world countries are almost always at trade deficit than upcoming/developing country because the upcoming country cannot afford as much stuff as the First World country can buy and the US dollar is almost always the strongest currency around.

Nearly half of the trade deficit is with China and that's really a silly number because China make the stuff but the stuff is owned by non-Chinese companies (like Apple).

Remember how freaked some people were about the trade deficit between US and Japan in the 1980s?  Yeah...clearly Japan won that.

Trade deficits and national debt are big scary words that have no real economic value for a country like US.

ps9 said:
Why the GOP must die: ex-Bush officialhttp://www.cnbc.com/id/103443245
Hard to read articles when they start out with false premises.  Our Democratic party isn't close to centrist.  In the last 8 years, both sides have polarized greatly.  Bernie Sanders, for example, would never have been considered 8 years ago. 

One of the big difficulties with our system is the primaries.  The primaries, by nature, cater to candidates that are more extreme.  A centrist running for a primary would be labeled a democrat if running republican and would be labeled a republican if running democrat.

spootieho said:
ps9 said:
Why the GOP must die: ex-Bush officialhttp://www.cnbc.com/id/103443245
Hard to read articles when they start out with false premises.  Our Democratic party isn't close to centrist.  In the last 8 years, both sides have polarized greatly.  Bernie Sanders, for example, would never have been considered 8 years ago. 

One of the big difficulties with our system is the primaries.  The primaries, by nature, cater to candidates that are more extreme.  A centrist running for a primary would be labeled a democrat if running republican and would be labeled a republican if running democrat.

My early presidential predictions. This should be a piece of cake for the GOP to win the elections. In my opinion, GOP can not win the presidential election if they keep on the same path of exclusion.
When George W. Bush won the election, he had 44% percent of Latinos vote for him in 2004.

The owners of this country have already selected Hillary as the next POTUS, unfortunately.
The fact that she's not in jail means only one thing, she's destined for 1600 Pennsylvania.

If a lower level state department employee had done as much as send a single classified email from their non-work email they would already be in jail. It just seems that if you have a last name Clinton you can pretty much getaway with anything.

Back