Presidential Elections

ps9 said:
qwerty said:
I'm not even registered to vote, but if I was I would vote for trump.  That guy is hilarious.

How do you get jury summons?

What's weird is I've noticed people who aren't even qualified to serve on a jury will be summoned. For example, one of the people I was tutoring in English Literacy, brought me a summons she received and asked me for help because she was scared and had no clue what it meant. Two of the requirements for serving on a jury are being a United States citizen and being proficient in English. Those were both a No Go.

qwerty said:
I'm not even registered to vote, but if I was I would vote for trump.  That guy is hilarious.

Interesting. The day the story broke about George Lopez leading a crowd in an anti-Trump chant, shouting, "F**k that puto!", you're actually the first person that came to my mind. 

If Trump wins I'm moving to Canada! That guy has no filter and if he becomes president he will piss off many of our Allies and we might find ourselves in WWIII

I'm ok with Kasich, made some liberal points which I agree with.  But I still can't vote for anyone pro-life.  At least he's choice when rape/incest/mother life in danger.  As for Jeb..... the country will not elect another Bush, no matter how different he is from his brother.

Every presidents in the past has been an disappointment. I'D bet against my gut feelings this time - Mister Trump.

My favorite point of the night was when Trump said single payer health care could have worked. Rand Paul leap on it saying Republicans have fought against it for more than a decade.

And I'm laughing thinking how's that been working out for you.

Apparently the republican mainstream is still thinking not Obama.

Paris said:
If Trump wins I'm moving to Canada! That guy has no filter and if he becomes president he will piss off many of our Allies and we might find ourselves in WWIII

I'm with you on this... That guy is a loose canon and I don't think he'll hesitate to turn his key and press the red button if you know what I mean.

It may take a few months but it's gonna be armageddon with him in office.

Which is why we need to be educated on candidates from all sides. Overall, we must pay down our debt and protect our nation or else our next leader will just be a pawn of another country.

Paris said:

What is your opinion regarding US national security, right now under Obama?

I'm sorry the deal that Obama made with Iran is ridiculous. Iran turn out big time winners in that deal. What about the US hostages in Iran? (Kerry didn't want to complicate the deal, so we didn't get our US citizens back) Part of the deal we can inspect anywhere in Iran, but have to give a 24 day notice. Another thing to point out, Iran sponsors terrorist.

Two more democrats don't support the deal, article.http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ep-divisions-in-party-over-iran-nuclear-deal/

I predict this deal will get vetoed by congress.

For 80% of the population! they don't really have much to lose and much like Hillary, the other 15 candidates on the republican side offer the S.O.S. With sides of distractions on wedge issues (abortion, gay marriage, Immigration etc).  They may talk, but really the basics of government will be the same.  Their approach to international relations will differ in approach, but they won't directly be doing them. 

That's why a Sanders Trump competition would be more interesting.

Trump lacks a filter but is more pragmatic than idealistic or party oligarch.  The rest, including Hillary are either religious zealots or party oligarchs.

So vote for either party, whatever candidate they prop up, it'll be bread and circuses for four years.

It won't matter next year. This is California, any democratic candidate running against any non-Californian republican will win Cali by 5%+.

This next election is about Ohio and Florida.

Sans some black swan event like Long Term Capital Management cratering the markets and tanking the economy spiking unemployment again or ISiS hitting a couple USA based schools, or maybe Iran popping a nuke test between now and October 2016.

Then again none of those are black swans, which really puts a BSE into the realm of potentially scary sh;t.

Back