Portola Springs Neighborhood 5A

lnc said:
Anyone visiting Juniper, please inquire about the lot premium for lot with driveway, view and the ones that are back against the community pool/park.

As we can see that there's quite a few really good lot for the Juniper.

In the attached 2nd lot map, the home along the Vanguard and Gaspar are back against the pool/park.  Might be noise during the summer month but you do get a good view of your neighbors in swimming suits.  :)

A few lots at end of these street actually have a driveway, which make these few homes met the criteria of true SFR.  Even with the lot premium, these home with a real driveway basically are the same as Piedmont for $100k-$150k less. 

Also check out the home along south side of Phoebe, they all have view, two with driveway and extra large lot.

Visited Juniper this weekend and I imagine that they will do well. Good use of space in the home and bedrooms are large. Any lot with a driveway is a premium, but you cannot park your car on it. Corner lots command a lot premium ($10k I think). View lots are going to be near the last phase...in phase 8 (out of 9). By the time I got there, they had already sold both Plan 3's available.

For Elderberry lots with conservatory are around $430/sqft and lots with california room around $450/sqft.

Cheapest lot I saw was a plan 2 with california room at $1,269,000 (side of the street with smallest lot) and the most expensive lot was the 3X corner lot at $1,319,000.

AW said:
Yep. It's like 1.297 etc.  all around that range on their price sheet

checking back at the very non informative sheet i got,
plan 1 = 1.297
plan 2 = 1.268
plan 3 = 1.290

no mention of anything else like MR

wonder what the premium is for that single loaded/view of lambert ranch.  the other tract have the good views

Interested in getting your thought on Elderberry's curent pricing and what options are included in the pricing:

Early phase (1 & 2) are still available today with $60K options and upgrades included in the price of 2800 sq ft plan @ $1.24m. Options include structures such as conservatory room, updated bi-fold doors, extended dining rooms, and fireplaces.

Thanks all.

Burn That Belly said:
RangeRover said:
Interested in getting our thought on Elderberry's curent pricing and what options are included in the pricing:

Early phase (1 & 2) are still available today with $60K options and upgrades included in the price of 2800 sq ft plan @ $1.24m. Options include structures such as conservatory room, updated bi-fold doors, extended dining rooms, and fireplaces.

Thanks all.

I'm going to be quite frank with this. These prices are competing against OH3, a community that is more prestigious in its own right. So naturally, I think people would prefer the OH name. Nothing particularly wrong with Elderberry but it is a bit further drive and zoned to a yet-to-be-ranked High School.

LOL! BTB, you are like a dog with a bone. You just can't quit with promoting OH3. You better share your TIC commission check with the rest of TI.

Sizewise, it's close to OH3's Terra which starts at (meaning no views or any lot premiums) $1.5m?
Elderberry is a steal at $300k less, value ftw

Out of 16 homes to sell (phase 1 & 2) released on August 19, 7 lots seemed to be sold last time I went to Elderberry.

Irvine looks pretty saturated with that kind of SFR right now. Still Elderberry's location is pretty nice (but further from everything except Altair I would say) and pricing is the lowest /sqft.

BTB, it's not all about specs but I still think you have to compare what a similar price point gives you in PS5A vs. OH3 and you can decide if the location is worth it. For me it's not but for the next person it could very well be, at that point it's personal.

We'd choose OH3 over PS any day if given the opportunity. PS really changed things when their retail was rezoned to the elementary school a few years ago.

Burn That Belly said:
marmott said:
Out of 16 homes to sell (phase 1 & 2) released on August 19, 7 lots seemed to be sold last time I went to Elderberry.

Irvine looks pretty saturated with that kind of SFR right now. Still Elderberry's location is pretty nice (but further from everything except Altair I would say) and pricing is the lowest /sqft.

BTB, it's not all about specs but I still think you have to compare what a similar price point gives you in PS5A vs. OH3 and you can decide if the location is worth it. For me it's not but for the next person it could very well be, at that point it's personal.

Sorry, but I slightly disagree. I don't care that the the Camaro ZL1 gives me four extra vents, three extra cup-holders, 120 more horsepower, and all weather cargo mats ... because the only thing I care about in a car is the fundamentals of it..which is how it drives, handles, brakes, accelerates, and crashes. That's why people buy Porsche's and why they're still in business.

The M4 may not have all the bells and whistles of its cheaper competitors in the same "paper" performance, but boy does car nail all the fundamentals of being the right sports car.

And that's what I'm saying with OH3. Yes, it is pricier than its competitors. But it has all the right fundamentals of real estate which is:
1) Location
2) Elevation
3) School district
4) Gated
5) Proximity to amenities

To me, these are the most important fundamentals. Not the damn pantries or sliding glass doors in the house. Those are just cosmetic crap I can buy at home depot any day of the week.

But nonetheless, Elderberry is still a bargain. There will always be a market for folks who want value. Just like a 707HP Hellcat for $70grand. If buying in PS5A, I recommend just buying the BIGGEST SFH you can buy. Although many on here disagree with that. The reason why I say this is because when the dust settles, then all that is left standing are folks who are comparing with what they got. And if you've got the biggest most baddest SFH for the least amount of money with all the bells and whistles, you're going to come out on top first.
I've never driven any of those cars so I can't relate, I think I may have only seen one hellcat on the road, and doubtful you'll see many of these cars parked on either neighborhoods.
It's more like PS = Lexus RX that you can buy for $45k and similar spec, OH3 = Benz GLE for $15k more.  Unfortunately if you want to spend only $45k in OH3, you can get a fully loaded Benz GLA, smaller but you get the prestige

Zippohunter said:
What about floorplan?  I would rank it at least number 2 on the list.
I say price is up there as well.
You can have a house with 4 as the address, T intersection, bad feng shui but priced low enough and it'll sell. 
Flip side is you can have everything nice about a house, but if you can't qualify then you won't even be looking.
In this case $300k is a pretty big chunk of change...

RangeRover said:
Interested in getting your thought on Elderberry's curent pricing and what options are included in the pricing:

Thanks all.

That look like a pretty good deal. Basically a Belvedere at Piedmont price. 

Elderberry share the same lot dimensions with Belvedere, Avila and Terra and also the same floor plan originally.  Looks like the Elderberry is the lowest price among them.  Elderberry also has some view lot on the west end too right?

For this PS neighborhood, you also need to look at all the trails, open spaces, and unique topography in this area.  Not many communities has all these but also has relatively easy access to major freeways or toll road.

Elderberry got some lame floor plans though and a bad designer.

Back