Portola Springs Neighborhood 5A

I just started to believe you are not YF. But this post again changed my mind😄.
@IHS,
Could you please take out that landfill map from city and how it would impact YF's favorite neighborhoods😜
Burn That Belly said:
PS(3/5A) homes have to offer more in the homes than comparables in OH, SG, EW, and CV because they know if they offer the same identical crap, no one is going to buy out there because there isn't much incentive to buy out there when you can get the same thing elsewhere.

For the same identical products, product A in OH and product A in PS5A, TIC is not willing to lower the price significantly on the product A in PS5A just so they can make up for sales. Instead, they rather price the products closer but still just slightly cheaper, and instead give you more square footage, giving you the feeling that you are truly getting more bang for your buck, at the expense of location/nearby amenities.

Everybody has different requirements and tolerances. Some people have 4 kids and they truly need that 4th bedroom. Some people have in-laws that they "inherited" from their mail-order Chinese bride and they have to get that extra downstairs bedroom/kitchenette. With these requirements, they have to make sacrifices because money don't grow on trees.  Others want to be close to their work and not drive an additional 12-15 min one-way just to get home or to work, or pay for toll road fees.  Time is MONEY.  And time wasted accumulates.

Then there are people who LOVE spending 1.5 hour of traffic commuting from the OC to Riverside daily but they bought their new SFH home for only $400K, as big as most Irvine homes. And they don't mind the commute because their Prius gets 55+ MPG so gas price is cheap enough.

PS5A will no doubt sell with their SFHs because it will be priced competitively and offer a bit more bang for the buck. Appreciation "curve" is another discussion for another day. However, those with the bells and whistles (the beautiful skyline view lots) are going to come out on top first.

To give you an example, those small grove PS1 homes are one of the best PS1 homes you can bet your money on.  $1.35m sold, now worth $1.9m.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/25-Small-Grv-92618/home/7215392

I like PS. I like Legado. Cressa is a little too big for us now.
I'm not really a big fan of a huge house, but I'm sure it will appreciate more later.

OCLuvr said:

LOL I'm with OCLuvr on this one, but this is just one account that I think YF has used since his return.  But it's def his primary account.  My logic is that YF was a very prolific poster there's no way he would just withdraw completely.  Going back to the days when he was still called GladiaCMX and subjected the board to 11 pages of debating and citing online traffic law resources why he was not wrong when the Chinese lady in the van cut him off on Jeffrey.  There's certain posting nuances that just smack too much of YF - one of which is how YF would post replies very quickly and then within 10 mins quickly edit the original post.  I could be completely wrong, or right, but it doesn't really matter now because there's no way YF would reveal himself again due to that original threat of outting his identity.  Either way, I didn't agree with everything he said but his posts def made for a damn good read more often than not.  Welcome back GladiaCMX, MagicJ1ZZ, BangBros, YellowFever - let good times roll  ;D

sounds like the people have spoken, welcome back YF! Lol

so many aliases but all similar enough

hope BF isn't one of them, that one is creepy

TL;DR, but how good are these views?  What do we guesstimate the view lot premiums will be on the ~2500+sf SFRs?  $100k? $150k? $200k?

OCLuvr said:
@IHS,
Could you please take out that landfill map from city and how it would impact YF's favorite neighborhoods😜
Burn That Belly said:
Everybody has different requirements and tolerances. Some people have 4 kids and they truly need that 4th bedroom. Some people have in-laws that they "inherited" from their mail-order Chinese bride and they have to get that extra downstairs bedroom/kitchenette. With these requirements, they have to make sacrifices because money don't grow on trees.  Others want to be close to their work and not drive an additional 12-15 min one-way just to get home or to work, or pay for toll road fees.  Time is MONEY.  And time wasted accumulates.

I think it's YF as well!  He was always mentioning the in-law room as the 4th bedroom. Whenever he visited a new construction or open house, he would notoriously say that the downstairs bedroom was the in law room and would negatively rate any house without the in law room.  The Chinese bride thing is a pure give away too lol.  And the whole time is money thing.  I'm waiting for "knowledge is power next"

SoclosetoIrvine said:
OCLuvr said:
@IHS,
Burn That Belly said:

I think it's YF as well!  He was always mentioning the in-law room as the 4th bedroom. Whenever he visited a new construction or open house, he would notoriously say that the downstairs bedroom was the in law room and would negatively rate any house without the in law room.  The Chinese bride thing is a pure give away too lol.  And the whole time is money thing.  I'm waiting for "knowledge is power next"

indeed.. he has different names as well.  Tries to change a few things so people don't really think it's him.  He's too much of a noob to pass as someone else. 

Burn That Belly said:
OCLuvr said:

Hold on a second, there's a landfill??!!

Yes, there is :eek:
Remember when you were providing distance measurements to each neighborhood and also with spread sheet of risk levels of exposure to environmental hazards? I was lurking around TI unregistered then.  8)
Ok, I will stop here for your safety. We should move forward with his new user name.
Nonetheless, welcome back! Looks like everyone appreciates your knowledge.  ;D ;D
BTW, when is the spread sheet v1.0 coming? jk  >:D

Don't worry.....it is a "Luxury Landfill" that is impeccably maintained.  As you said, you didn't even know it was there. 

Burn That Belly said:
I am baffled by the lasting impact that this YF individual has had on TI, evidently has left several traumatized. Let us not continue to memorialize and instead move forward to new beginnings.

Lasting impact? That's for damn sure. Traumatized? Hardly I for one was genuinely entertained.  But I digress we should def move forward with bated breath to the next version of this masterpiece (obviously I've obscured it because new beginnings (screen name) or not intellectual property is intellectual property and I'm not gonna get crucified for that:

Attachments

• EH.JPG
    EH.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 318
Anyone find out who the builder is for 17967?  For those who have walked around PS5A, have the 17967 models been started?

Back