Portola Springs Neighborhood 5A

Personal experience of mine tells me:  the net profit would be VERY different.

What's priced lower today, would appreciate less down the road. 

I benchmarked 2 homes, in TR and NK, both w/priced similarly.  TR home appreciated MUCH more in the same time period. 

roya1f1ush said:
Irvine_is_awesome said:
I guess if resale value is low. you are buying a lower price point as well. So net profit shouldn't vary that much on hi/lo homes.

Agreed.
Would it be also interesting to see how the 5A community does since they're high up on a hill that overlooks the coastline? PS may be a "value" area but that part specifically felt a bit different than the older parts.

I have question for all you real estate experts. Assuming I am able to get lot 72 in Elederberry. Is a good investment? what is coming behind lot 72. I see dirt hill right now. Will it develop soon? are there going to be future homes. Based on Irvine company map it looks like there are going to be future homes but wonder when they will be built.

Also looks like 5A area will take 3-4 years to build just basing on the pace of current homes. I might be wrong.

My concern it if i buy it would it be hard to sell those homes in future since these are not selling so fast right now.

Thoughts? Advice?

This is just my opinion. In real estate, especially when thinking about investment, you should buy in the best location that you can afford. Obviously PS is discounted for a reason and OH costs more for a reason. Appreciation will always be better in the better location. For the premium price lot 72 will be asking, from an investment standpoint there are a lot better new homes I would purchase in the 1.3M+ range that will have better appreciation even with a smaller lot.

irvinemonkey said:
This is just my opinion. In real estate, especially when thinking about investment, you should buy in the best location that you can afford. Obviously PS is discounted for a reason and OH costs more for a reason. Appreciation will always be better in the better location. For the premium price lot 72 will be asking, from an investment standpoint there are a lot better new homes I would purchase in the 1.3M+ range that will have better appreciation even with a smaller lot.

It's both location and floor plan.  For example, Las Ventana homes have appreciated $250k-$300k since sold brand new in 2012 or about a 40-50% appreciation rate.  Heck, even my West Irvine home appreciated $300k or a little over 50% from 2012 to 2016 and my Tustin Ranch home appreciated about $100k since I bought it last year (that takes into account the $100k or so I spent remodeling it). I think the higher end ($1.25m+) will not appreciate as well as homes sub $1m due to a much larger buyer pool.

I wonder what the structure they are building across the street closer to the 241 is as well.

Looks like there is a mini sport park up there.

yeah, that's the park i was referring to, a community center, much like the current heritage park and ipac is (yale/bryan)

Attachments

• SR213421.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 369
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinemonkey said:

It's both location and floor plan.  For example, Las Ventana homes have appreciated $250k-$300k since sold brand new in 2012 or about a 40-50% appreciation rate.  Heck, even my West Irvine home appreciated $300k or a little over 50% from 2012 to 2016 and my Tustin Ranch home appreciated about $100k since I bought it last year (that takes into account the $100k or so I spent remodeling it). I think the higher end ($1.25m+) will not appreciate as well as homes sub $1m due to a much larger buyer pool.

Good Insights, i don't see any major appreciation in my tri-level monstrosity (attached condo) that i bought in PS in early 2016 for the next 6-8 years. Ofcourse, SFR always have way more potential to appreciate than a condo ever will. But again,i didn't want to pool in all my dollars in one bucket considering it was my 1st property purchase in north america.

3rd or 4th property will definitely be a SFR for myself to live in.

*Thread revival alert*

After failing to get any builder interested in tract 17697, there are new floorplans being proposed. Slightly larger with optional california room, prep kitchen and upstairs outside living.

DaCpLI3.png

Link to the floorplans: http://www.irvinequickrecords.com/sirepub/view.aspx?cabinet=published_meetings&fileid=19404893

All the docs from this agenda item: http://www.irvinequickrecords.com/sirepub/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=5526&doctype=agenda&itemid=166058

ThirtySomethingWEquity said:
I thought Montara was going to take up the other space in 5A?  Where will that go?

Montara is tract 17965 on the map attached.

Attachments

• PS 5A tract map.jpg
    PS 5A tract map.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 463
marmott said:
The building I'm talking about is where the question marks are.

Sorry I missed this post. 

Here's 2 design drawing of the park.  First one was from 8-6-15's city doc and second one was from 3-6-16's doc.  The second one should be more updated and it shown that area are tennis courts.

Attachments

• Portola Springs Community Park design map.jpg
    Portola Springs Community Park design map.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Portola Springs Community Park design map 2.jpg
    Portola Springs Community Park design map 2.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 225
Back