Orchard Hills North

Yeah. Especially if the interest rates are increased every fed meeting which will eventually trickle down.  High end house prices will be that more difficult to move.

Don't worry about interest rates climbing.  I expect the housing lobby will prevent Yellen from going higher by crying about unsold capella homes.

think on how hard it was just to get a 0.25 increase.

Zubs is right.

I'd be more concerned with the PRC's clampdown on cash smuggling which will constrict purchases and impact sales flow much more than a .25 to .50 Fed rate increase. ARM loans will no longer be in the 2's, but fixed rate loans may not rise by as much. There may be more inventory at a lower price if you can finance the property - albeit at a higher rate - since all cash transactions may begin to slide.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People

JLin said:
I think every builder is taking offers on standing inventory
Even Amelia by THNC took an offer for ~200k less
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/120-Homecoming-92602/home/102152389

I really like this Amelia plan with the huge great room and high ceilings.  Though I think to do it right, you need to make it modern and not craftsman/traditional like they have done with the flooring and cabinets here. 

5k sq ft for $2M is a bit out of reach for me but maybe in a few years.

Spoke to a friend that visited Capella yesterday.  He was asked several times to just make an offer.  They looked rather desperate to sell these homes.  I do not see these Capellas selling for anything near their current list price now.  100-150K below listed price is where these will sell...

I walked Leafypass and Woodknoll in North OH, both streets currently dead end into Toll Brothers construction signs and the connection is still a dirt road.  It did appear that the earth movers were actively working the ground  for Phase 1 and Phase 2.  It will be interesting to see if TB copies their success at Hidden Canyon or does something completely new.  Comparing views, I think HC has better views, due to the topography. 

Any idea who is building the two large lots below phase 2 on Leafypass? 

Hello- does anyone know if Brookfield will be building La Vita or similar homes in Orchard Hills North?  Now that we've looked around for a while, our favorite so far (in our price range) is the La Vita "view" homes.  But we still haven't been able overcome the fear of motor court living...  Also, will there be larger homes coming online on the IUSD side?  I used to think that there is not much of a difference between IUSD and TUSD, but my experience in TUSD is that it is inferior.  Thanks!

Villager said:
lnc said:
Just to clarify with all the OH 1 development.  Info are from page 1 post by test

Orchard Hills Neighborhood 1

Phase 1:  Capella, La Vita, Messina, Trevi, Amelia etc.

Phase 2: (Orchard Hill North)

Capella extension (128 units, 2906-3233 s.f., 47'x80' lot)
Mulberry clone (135 units, 2353-2729 s.f., 65'x55' lot)
Unknown builder SFR (110 units, 2999-3343 s.f., 55'x80' lot)

Phase 3: (Orchard Hills North)

1. SFR (92 units, 4196-4528 s.f., 80'x75' lot)
2. SFR (93 units, 4244-4700 s.f., 55'-60'x110' lot)

Phase 4: (Orchard Hills North)

Large estate home
I've heard through the grapevine that Phase 4 was actually going to consist of custom home lots. Any truth in this?

Does anybody know when the Grove will be completely built out?

caoc said:
Does anybody know when the Grove will be completely built out?

Nobody knows for sure and it all depends on how well and how fast these last few tracts are selling. 

Also there's a lot of competition from other neighborhoods, some tracts here might take longer to sell out. 

Maybe it will completely done in 2-3 years if the current market condition continues. 

Yes, I know there is no exact dates but was just trying to get an idea.

I think Phase 1 is almost done, pretty much all the remaining builders are on their last/build out phase,
Phase 2 is Podova and Varenna, not sure how many phases they have but would guess they need at least 2 years to finish.

Phase 3 is unknown, so who knows how long it will take,

Phase 4 is Bella Vista and Alta Vista, again, probably 2-3 to complete.

So the guarded gate access won't be in place for anther three years minimal...

New details on tract 18016 and 18019 in OH3: http://www.irvinequickrecords.com/sirepub/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=5513&doctype=agenda&itemid=165625

Attachment 3 & 4 have lot maps and floor plans.

Back