Orchard Hills North

Def not like the boom where many houses were on each phase, and there were no move ins available
Then again, groves are somewhat pricey to begin with, how many can qualify, move up or cash buyers
And tusd scares off some international buyers even though there's no reason to

Noticed this new "Experience The Groves" feature on the OH section of the Villages of Irvine website:https://www.villagesofirvine.com/villages-neighborhoods/orchard-hills/?extended-experience=true

It looks like they're giving us a little something to chew on about the northern portion of The Groves. They've finally began introducing the prospect of the two new parks they will be building, which they are calling "Meadows at the Groves" and "Hideaway Park." The parks' amenities are listed as "lap pool, spa, play areas, picnic tables, fireplace and view terraces, barbecues and more."

Any information on when these parks will be completed? That should give us a good idea of when the new neighborhoods will be released.

any news on when orchard hills north / orchard hills groves west is slated to be completed? or maybe even when they're planning on starting? 

I can see bulldozers up on the land as I drive to work on the 133 daily and was just curious.

Went north 261 recently and see plenty of activity in the area, right around the big 'entering fire hazard area' sign off the freeway. 

The top of the Groves area is being occupied by Toll Brothers.  So Toll will probably be building the ultra big homes at the top.  Still dont really see where the view lots are since the orchard trees cover the top of the hill.

irvineboy said:
The top of the Groves area is being occupied by Toll Brothers.  So Toll will probably be building the ultra big homes at the top.  Still dont really see where the view lots are since the orchard trees cover the top of the hill.

I would wait for OH neighborhood 4. It might be a few years but the views will be worth it.

iacrenter said:
irvineboy said:

I would wait for OH neighborhood 4. It might be a few years but the views will be worth it.

If OH Village 3 is built-out before Village 4, it could be a decade, no?

Perspective said:
iacrenter said:
irvineboy said:

If OH Village 3 is built-out before Village 4, it could be a decade, no?

It will be years. It all depends on the ability of TIC to sell out  earlier OH neighborhoods.

iacrenter said:
irvineboy said:

I would like to wait for OH 4 too but it might be more than just a few years.

I guess it will depends on the price point of the home that are going to be build on OH 4.

If the price is going to be similar the gated Grove, then it really will take decades.  It have to wait after these high price neighborhood like Grove North, gated OH 3 and gated PS 5 to be completed. 

If OH 4 price like the non-gated side of OH or Stonegate, from $0.5m to low $1m, then it probably will open faster.  After Stonegate and Eastwood is completed, only place left for $500k to low $1m TIC neighborhood is the Portola Springs Neighborhood 4.  And we all know that home price at $0.5m to low $1m range are at a sweat spot and sell at faster pace, therefore if OH 4 price at these price point, they well be on the market sooner. 

So will OH 4 be semi custom plots? I remember when we bought the builder reps saying that eventually one of the phases will have semi custom homes with views.

Regardless the areas just above the first phases of OH closer to the freeway and higher up on the Hill are getting a lot of activity these days. Huge tractors going up there flattening the land. Definitely an increase in activity over the past month. Can't believe I signed up for at least a decade of construction in the neighborhood  :-\

Irvine Dream said:
Paris said:
Can't believe I signed up for at least a decade of construction in the neighborhood  :-\

Here is hoping that you get a decades worth of price appreciation 8)

That's what my friends who purchased Capella were thinking also.  A lot of them are kicking themselves right now because the builder are selling homes in the $1.35m price point close to what the early phases are selling at.  There was one resale in the area that listed it for $1.49m after a $100k drop but they couldn't sell it.  Capella just isn't doing what Amelia/Trevi/La Vita are doing.  Vicenza isn't doing that well either.

What is the Irvine side of OH near the lake called?  Isn't that suppose to be released in the next decade too?  Too many damn homes in Irvine.  The traffic is going to be unbearable in the future.

shadyoc said:
What is the Irvine side of OH near the lake called?  Isn't that suppose to be released in the next decade too?  Too many damn homes in Irvine.  The traffic is going to be unbearable in the future.
It's unbearable now. From one end of sand cyn to the other feels like 30 mins in rush hour because of all the damn lights.
Once OH, PS, GP gets built out, forget about it.

Paris said:
So will OH 4 be semi custom plots? I remember when we bought the builder reps saying that eventually one of the phases will have semi custom homes with views.

Regardless the areas just above the first phases of OH closer to the freeway and higher up on the Hill are getting a lot of activity these days. Huge tractors going up there flattening the land. Definitely an increase in activity over the past month. Can't believe I signed up for at least a decade of construction in the neighborhood  :-\

OH 4 is located just north of Eastwood village and I don't think it will be gated and definitely not semi custom lot.

The area just above Capella is the OH North.  The most northern portion are the semi custom lot and those lot are supposed to be around 10,000 sq.ft. or more.  And now someone just mentioned it will be build by Toll Brother. 

What is the area near Northwood High that has a lake? Is that OH4? I think that's suppose to be gated but not sure when it's suppose to be built.

lovingit said:
What is the area near Northwood High that has a lake? Is that OH4? I think that's suppose to be gated but not sure when it's suppose to be built.

That's OH3.

Attachments

• OH Neighborhood map.jpg
    OH Neighborhood map.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 1,045
irvineboy said:
  Capella just isn't doing what Amelia/Trevi/La Vita are doing.  Vicenza isn't doing that well either.
I think only Trevi and LaVita are doing well.  All others don't have significant price appreciation.  However,  if the builder figure out a way to sell these at or above the first phase prices, once it is built out I think they have great potential for appreciation (as long as OH and Beckman continues to do well).  So when is the guard going to come, in 10 years?

Just to clarify with all the OH 1 development.  Info are from page 1 post by test

Orchard Hills Neighborhood 1

Phase 1:  Capella, La Vita, Messina, Trevi, Amelia etc.

Phase 2: (Orchard Hill North)

Capella extension (128 units, 2906-3233 s.f., 47'x80' lot)
Varenna (135 units, 2353-2729 s.f., 65'x55' lot)
Unknown builder SFR (110 units, 2999-3343 s.f., 55'x80' lot)

Phase 3: (Orchard Hills North)

1. SFR (92 units, 4196-4528 s.f., 80'x75' lot)
2. SFR (93 units, 4244-4700 s.f., 55'-60'x110' lot)

Phase 4: (Orchard Hills North)

Large estate home

Attachments

• OH1.jpg
    OH1.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 1,451
lnc said:
Just to clarify with all the OH 1 development.  Info are from page 1 post by test

Orchard Hills Neighborhood 1

Phase 1:  Capella, La Vita, Messina, Trevi, Amelia etc.

Phase 2: (Orchard Hill North)

Capella extension (128 units, 2906-3233 s.f., 47'x80' lot)
Mulberry clone (135 units, 2353-2729 s.f., 65'x55' lot)
Unknown builder SFR (110 units, 2999-3343 s.f., 55'x80' lot)

Phase 3: (Orchard Hills North)

1. SFR (92 units, 4196-4528 s.f., 80'x75' lot)
2. SFR (93 units, 4244-4700 s.f., 55'-60'x110' lot)

Phase 4: (Orchard Hills North)

Large estate home
Do you know how many homes total in Phase 1?  About 500?  How many sold as of now, about 40%?  Will there be only two gates for entrance?

Back